The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we knew the job was difficult when we took it. Nothing to sook about

a great chance to improve the coaching position without a bloodbath

flanno got a chance to stamp some good habits on the team and share some stuff with seibs

If flanno moves its about opportunity

The problem is you don't want it to be a distraction.

Flanagan contacting Hunt led to questions to Hunt in the media which potentially leads to questions to our players in press calls when their focus should be on a Top 8 finish.

Also, Shifty Shane is already doing Fox commentary across multiple games, add to that player discussions, roster development, appeasing of sponsors, blah blah blah for another team, I really think he'll have little capacity for Manly.

I don’t believe the press. I doubt Flannagan rang Hunt it sounds like BS. He was always looking for a top job and Seibold said from day 1 he wouldn’t stand in his way. IMO it’s Just another media beat up.
The media got the story from Ben Hunt who was interviewed after the Souths game and told them he got a call from Flanno about playing 7 next year, if he got the job.

There's 24 hours in every day.

Flanno devotes 8-10 of them to assistant coach here.

What he does with the other 14-16 really isn't our concern.

I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure he isn't ringing Ben Hunt for a quick chat at 9am while the players are having a weights session.

There's 24 hours in every day.

Flanno devotes 8-10 of them to assistant coach here.

What he does with the other 14-16 really isn't our concern.

I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure he isn't ringing Ben Hunt for a quick chat at 9am while the players are having a weights session.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just Silvertails. We even had people here who wanted to sack Flanno because he spoke to his son after the Dogs game in Round 1!!

Link: Does anyone else think this was a bad look on Sat post game?

200.gif

The problem is you don't want it to be a distraction.

Flanagan contacting Hunt led to questions to Hunt in the media which potentially leads to questions to our players in press calls when their focus should be on a Top 8 finish.

Also, Shifty Shane is already doing Fox commentary across multiple games, add to that player discussions, roster development, appeasing of sponsors, blah blah blah for another team, I really think he'll have little capacity for Manly.

Thank you. Some people get it. Unfortunately, others have let their standards slip so low, they'd be willing to accept anything at Manly, good, bad or ugly.

Sounds like flanno has got the gig at the dragons. This is not great for us. We don’t need this kind of speculation for the rest of the season.

Now we have Scott Fulton and Flanagan to poach our players

NRL 2023: St George Illawarra Dragons to appoint Shane Flangan as head coach​

St George Illawarra’s search to replace Anthony Griffin is over with premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan’s NRL exile coming to an end.

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

less than 2 min read
June 13, 2023 - 12:21PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Shane Flanagan’s NRL coaching exile is over with the Dragons board agreeing to offer the premiership winning mentor a deal to become their next coach.
St George Illawarra’s board met on Tuesday morning to decide between Flanagan, Ben Hornby and Dean Young.
In the end they went with experience with board members putting aside their potential angst surrounding Flanagan’s appointment to offer him the position.
It was a unanimous decision.
The Dragons will now have to negotiate terms with Flanagan before the deal is officially announced.
Provided there is no last minute breakdown in talks, Flanagan will take up his duties at St George Illawarra next year.
It is expected to be at least a three year contract.
Flanagan is planning to see out the season at Manly as Anthony Seibold’s assistant before he takes on the role at the Dragons.

Flanagan worked at the Dragons first as an assistant coach then in list management before joining the Sea Eagles this year.

MORE TO COME...

Yes this absolutely feels the same as when Brad Arthur came over here for one season as an assistant coach and left with Foran and Watmough.

I’m actually stunned we did it again. Surely Scott Penn the chairman with all his experience said to Tony Mestrov and Siebs - guys this is a bad idea. I’ve seen this before. I mean Penn has moved on so many coaches - surely he must be a bit more shrewd than to allow this to happen again.

Yes this absolutely feels the same as when Brad Arthur came over here for one season as an assistant coach and left with Foran and Watmough.

I’m actually stunned we did it again. Surely Scott Penn the chairman with all his experience said to Tony Mestrov and Siebs - guys this is a bad idea. I’ve seen this before. I mean Penn has moved on so many coaches - surely he must be a bit more shrewd than to allow this to happen again.
Flanagan can take Parker, Harper, Tualagi and Boyle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8