The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thoroughly dislike the term phobia. I don't like the lifestyles of many people such as drug addicts, alcoholics, etc etc but I don't have an unreasonable or unfounded fear of them. I leave them be to do their own thing as is their choice as an adult. I do however resent those who try and force "in your face" views because it suits their particular view of the world.

Let people follow their life choices with dignity, but please don't call me and others names that are just plain wrong because we happen to dislike how they live their lives. The world is full of different people and just because I don't approve does NOT mean I fear them in any way shape or form.

Phobia: any obsessing or morbid fear or dread. Aversion, dislike, distaste, horror, loathing, revulsion.

Also...Drug and alcohol addiction is a lifestyle choice. A person's sexuality is not.

I guess where we differ is the feeling of needing to approve someone's sexuality. I get this is a personnel topic for many people, all I want is acceptance for people regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation
Acceptance of all things (add religion too), everything except the disgusting, loathsome Parra fan. Second. Class. Human.

I guess where we differ is the feeling of needing to approve someone's sexuality. I get this is a personnel topic for many people, all I want is acceptance for people regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation
All good Isz, I thought I made that clear in my post. I completely accept people for what they are and how they behave as long as they don't put it in my face like many do. As a father I have to set a moral foundation for my kids to live by and that act in and of itself causes us to make judgements about what is the kind of lifestyle we would teach them is a good way to live their life. Surely we are entitled to that at least. If those judgements offend some people (Shouldn't, because I don't normally public announce those judgements) then that is their problem not mine and no one should be labelled as having a phobia of something simply because they judge that lifestyle as being NOT what they want for themselves or their children.

Phobia: any obsessing or morbid fear or dread. Aversion, dislike, distaste, horror, loathing, revulsion.

Also...Drug and alcohol addiction is a lifestyle choice. A person's sexuality is not.
Wrong, there is PLENTY of evidence that alcoholism has a dominant hereditary influence. Doesn't mean I have to like it or teach my kids that alcoholism is Ok, does it?

WHAT a bunch of sexists you lot are. Not many out, very few top sportspeople proclaim themselves gay. Balderdash!

A large number of our top female athletes are openly gay.

In fact the recent womens soccer world cup had a whole, officially approved website listing and profiling the gay players.

100% with you buddy, really who cares which way you go, where you are from or your colour.

Quality people are just that !!

Regardless.

Just because one dislikes or disapproves it does not mean one has a fear or a fobia .
What on earth do we have to fear from these harmless darlings ???
1322859151347.jpg

All good Isz, I thought I made that clear in my post. I completely accept people for what they are and how they behave as long as they don't put it in my face like many do. As a father I have to set a moral foundation for my kids to live by and that act in and of itself causes us to make judgements about what is the kind of lifestyle we would teach them is a good way to live their life. Surely we are entitled to that at least. If those judgements offend some people (Shouldn't, because I don't normally public announce those judgements) then that is their problem not mine and no one should be labelled as having a phobia of something simply because they judge that lifestyle as being NOT what they want for themselves or their children.

What would you have done if one of your children ever told you they were gay?

Just because one dislikes or disapproves it does not mean one has a fear or a fobia .
What on earth do we have to fear from these harmless darlings ???
View attachment 3447
Hey 'Ironstine', it's phobia not fobia. Phobia not only means fear, it can also mean dislike.
Also you bigot, Turvey's son and his partner look nothing like that screensaver pic from your PC which you shared. You don't think it's possible to find equally trashy pics of a straight couple?

Last edited:
The world is full of different people and just because I don't approve does NOT mean I fear them in any way shape or form.
What right do you have to APPROVE or disapprove of someone else's sexual orientation? How arrogant is that? Are you God? Self-appointed moral police?

Your business: Someone else's behaviour directly impacts on you

Not your business: Someone else's behaviour that doesn't impact you.

So explain to me how two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other adversely impacts you? Where's the harm to anyone else?

Last edited:
What right do you have to APPROVE or disapprove of someone else's lifestyle? How arrogant is that? Are you God? Self-appointed moral police?

Your business: Someone else's behaviour directly impacts on you

Not your business: Someone else's behaviour that doesn't impact you.

So explain to me how two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other adversely impacts you?

We all have the right even obligation to disapprove.

I disapprove of people who practice female genital mutilation.
I disapprove of racists.
I disapprove of both misogynists and rapid feminists.
I disapprove of rapists
I disapprove of women bashers'
I disapprove of people that would force their religion or culture on you at gun point.
I disapprove of lots of things.

To me the argument is not if someone has the right to disapprove, it is on what they disapprove of.

The day we stop disapproving is the day we cease to be an intelligent life-form.

We all have the right even obligation to disapprove.

I disapprove of people who practice female genital mutilation.
I disapprove of racists.
I disapprove of both misogynists and rapid feminists.
I disapprove of rapists
I disapprove of women bashers'
I disapprove of people that would force their religion or culture on you at gun point.
I disapprove of lots of things.

To me the argument is not if someone has the right to disapprove, it is on what they disapprove of.

The day we stop disapproving is the day we cease to be an intelligent life-form.
Each one of those examples you cite actively destroy social cohesion. If the ants in an ant community are hurting and fighting each other, then the ant community suffers. And as a result, each individual ant suffers. The same in human communities.

If a man rapes a women, then he harms the community, therefore he harms me. And I'll speak out against that.

So the situation I have asked to be explained here is exactly where is the harm here that arises from two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other. I see none. Do you?

But I do see harm arising to the community from people intolerantly condemning two people for loving each other.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8