The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm with you Bob. You don't see the need of parents of heterosexual children discussing their sexuality.
Are you guys serious - there are Wedding Sections in every newspaper discussing the attraction between the betrothed. Instagram posts of their canoodling etc@:cool:

Never mind the nauseating Bachelor, Farmer Wants a Wife... programs :sick:

Love makes the world go round and Turvey's is no different to any other parent at their child's wedding. :)
The article would have been initiated by the paper sellers, rather than Turvey at any rate @:cool:

Mrs Murdoch would be smiling at her ugly, old son Rupert, landing a model - finally :giggle:

I thoroughly dislike the term phobia. I don't like the lifestyles of many people such as drug addicts, alcoholics, etc etc but I don't have an unreasonable or unfounded fear of them. I leave them be to do their own thing as is their choice as an adult. I do however resent those who try and force "in your face" views because it suits their particular view of the world.

Let people follow their life choices with dignity, but please don't call me and others names that are just plain wrong because we happen to dislike how they live their lives. The world is full of different people and just because I don't approve does NOT mean I fear them in any way shape or form.
I agree with some of what you say, however I must point out that being a homosexual is NOT a life choice and than an article like this might just help a few people understand that fact and help overcome some of the ignorance out there in relation to having a child who is homosexual.

Each one of those examples you cite actively destroy social cohesion. If the ants in an ant community are hurting and fighting each other, then the ant community suffers. And as a result, each individual ant suffers. The same in human communities.

If a man rapes a women, then he harms the community, therefore he harms me. And I'll speak out against that.

So the situation I have asked to be explained here is exactly where is the harm here that arises from two people - irrespective of sex - loving each other. I see none. Do you?

But I do see harm arising to the community from people intolerantly condemning two people for loving each other.

You agree with me we do have the right and obligation to disapprove of things, especially things we deem harmful to our community. One bug I have at the moment is the anti -vaxers.

I happen to agree with you that matters sexual between adults is not one of the things I even think about let alone disapprove of.

But how do we know when the number of gay (male athletes) can be counted on one hand. It is not a leap to think of the environment was more welcoming the players might feel more comfortable in expressing who they are.

Who cares of the number of gay athlete's there are.As long as no one is discriminated against what's the issue?

Will have to agree to disagree

What I am saying is the discrimination creates an environment where players do not come out (and those that do tend to do it at the end of their careers)

I am pretty sure that after his olympic gold he got nowhere near the sponsorship and endorsement opportunities as other medal and non medal winners from the olympic team. The belief was that due to him being openly gay, organisations did not want to align their brand with him due to the many rednecks in australian society who would not approve.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
image.png
And then this appears as an advert on the site ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2