The Tartak (Crown Sports) purge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Not my area of expertise - I have been informed by other far more astute members of the Silvertails population.....

But it is IMPOSSIBLE to deny that Scott Fulton's move to Wests, and the well known Tartak-domination of our squad has led to a very interesting bunch of decisions needing to be made.

Ever since PRIDE round last year, it felt like there was a serious amount of animosity amongst those within the club.

I have no inside knowledge - but it feels a lot like an ultimatum has been issued:
Got on board, or get out. And take you 'manager' with you

Signing Brooks surely spells the end for Schuster @ 6.... and perhaps in the club entirely?

So we have 3 remaining Tartak managed players now (is that correct? someone help me understand.... do we have any others in reggies etc?)

It is a bloody strong statement from the CEO and Coach, isn't it?

Many on here are having a conniption about the talent we are losing. I see it a little different:
We identified a problem in our club, made a commitment/decision to rectify it (regardless of the fall out and blame game etc) and we are making the moves necessary to get the club back on track and wrest back power/control

Feel free to disagree or provide a counter argument. Just how I see it!

All Hail Mestrov ;)
All Hail Seibold ;)

Long live the Eagles!

It’s like the club lulled Tartak into a false sense of security by upgrading Schu, Olakau’atu & Saab & have now pulled the rug out from under him in regards to the rest of his stable at Manly.

Might give the above 3 named players a rocket too - as you say, get on board or get out.

As good as this would be if true....is anyone else worried about the media sh**storm (& potential legal action) that could hit if we get accused of turfing out players of a certain background?

As good as this would be if true....is anyone else worried about the media sh**storm (& potential legal action) that could hit if we get accused of turfing out players of a certain background?
Enough time (and sh*t performances) in between?

There are no ramifications look at what is going on with Ben Hunt at present and what has been happening across the game whilst the NRL are sitting on their hands. I expect they will enter into discussion with the clubs during the off season and try to fix this mess up. After all the people at the NRL are getting paid big bucks to do something right. The responsibility to fix this mess is there's.

Are all the Catholics being turfed out? Long live sectarianism! Just kidding.

I don’t think it’s an issue when you have numerous others still in the club from a ‘certain background’.

Are all the Catholics being turfed out? Long live sectarianism! Just kidding.

I don’t think it’s an issue when you have numerous others still in the club from a ‘certain background’.
Yeah, but who else is under Tartak? I'm pretty sure that lines up with those players and if they don't like the line of put up or shut up, then it's a pretty convenient line to hand to the media to claw back control and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear it from Tartak or Aloiai.
For all of us on here, it's likely a non issue....but for those without an (un)healthy following of all things NRL, it could be a great opportunity to highlight the bigotry of something they know very little about...you know...like they did with the same players when they refused to wear the pride jersey.
Come to think of it...it could be fun :)

Who knows. I think the bigger concern (as others have pointed out) is what is the strategy?

Ok - so we largely de-Tartakify the club - to then part the Red Sea for a raft of Moses the Lawgiver’s clients. Moses and Tartak both sound like grubs.

Where is Schuster left in all this? Or young Humphreys, apparently the best halfback prospect out of the Manly juniors in decades?

The purge is definitely on

The problem is we are taking on a lot of Moses-managed players who also manages Seibold so we are trading one dodgy manager for another
This. In my opinion.. we are signing Moses duds clients. How does this help the club going forward. By selling our potential players too?

The answer is ..... a Kumquat

But these seemingly strange decisions are NOT being made for no reason ...
I hope you're right. But it's hard to see the method in the madness when, really, for the last 10 years, all Manly management has dished up is madness. I'm not convinced there is a rational plan, or even an irrational one. All I see so far are disconnected acts that, on the face of it, reveal nothing other than… madness.

As we've been signing players like Woods, Talau and Brooks we're still accepting mediocrity no matter what each have cost us.
Fair point that it is very hard to argue with… although I think Brooks is a MUCH better player than the other two (sadly Woods looks half decent against the backdrop of our forwards tho)

In the game I watched on the weekend Woods was one of our best forwards in a well beaten pack. He is not a dud signing in my book specially at the price we got him. Talua well we don't know what we are getting. Brooks is a good signing. Telma well I don't think we've seen his best yet.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8