The Tartak (Crown Sports) purge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agents are purely parasites. The percentage they get paid to ensure their clients get the best deal is just money wasted. May as well accept a deal which might be slightly lower than to give 15% to a leech. They are the modern day stage magicians, all smoke and mirrors with a bit of diversion thrown in for good measure. You would have thought we had moved on from the Col. Tom Parker's
They have been around since day dot. Are you expecting to sign a player who isn't smart enough to have a player agent represent them? Why do you think they get an agent in the first place?

You will find that a significant number of players on an NRL team are managed by 1 agent / company...we just have a useless owner who is bad at running a club. Why do you think we have had so many CEOs come and leave.
Yeah I already said that earlier today - the reason why we were in this situation with Tartak calling the shots is down to the revolving door policy of CEOs & an owner not paying enough attention to the club.

I understand all that, but what makes you think this will be any different with any other player agent in future.?

Say what you will about him, but since the current club CEO was appointed last year, Des has gone, the Fultons are gone, a lot of a notable player manager's clients are now apparently on the way out.

To me that indicates that the club are taking steps to ensure that they call the shots, not the coach, not the talent scout, and not the player managers.

Player managers are a necessary evil, but it will be fine as long as the club doesn't allow 1/3 or 50% of the roster to be stacked with clients from one manager (whoever it may be).

True but - if those you named aren’t invested in the club enough to be easily swayed to leave by their grub manager, then I think we’re better off without them in the long run.
Yep,you’re right and given the team’s performance the last 12 months or so,something has to give

Say what you will about him, but since the current club CEO was appointed last year, Des has gone, the Fultons are gone, a lot of a notable player manager's clients are now apparently on the way out.

To me that indicates that the club are taking steps to ensure that they call the shots, not the coach, not the talent scout, and not the player managers.

Player managers are a necessary evil, but it will be fine as long as the club doesn't allow 1/3 or 50% of the roster to be stacked with clients from one manager.
I think you overlook the intangibles of what a good working business relationship can offer.
You could have a scenario where the agent represents 100 percent of the roster, but might get on like a house on fire with an owner and the agent looks after the owner in return, its a risky arrangement but if managed well it can work.

I think you overlook the intangibles of what a good working business relationship can offer.
You could have a scenario where the agent represents 100 percent of the roster, but might get on like a house on fire with an owner and the agent looks after the owner in return, its a risky arrangement but if managed well it can work.
Well we can assume that was the relationship between Tartak & Scott Fulton but with Scott’s acrimonious departure from Manly, who is Tartak loyal to?

Player managers are a necessary evil, but it will be fine as long as the club doesn't allow 1/3 or 50% of the roster to be stacked with clients from one manager (whoever it may be).
Picture this scenario..
If you knew 10 people that didn't like you , would you be asking yourself if you are the problem or if those 10 people had the problem.
If the owner has had dramas with Delmege, Quantum, Fultons , Hasler, past Manly CEOs, player agents...then who do you think needs to look in the mirror.

It would be very nice to get some communication from the club around strategy and direction, huh.

That way the answer doesn't have to be a Kumquat as Woodsie rightfully said.
I doubt very much if the inner workings of this purge would be just thrown around at the fan base.

But who knows you might get another fax

Any decent purge needed aloai jettisoned. The self anointed leader of a section of the club. Does not have the requisite character and smarts to be a leader, nor the skills or qualities to set an example.

It would free up real money to make a proper splash in recruitment so we didn’t have to trumpet depth and risky signings.

They have been around since day dot. Are you expecting to sign a player who isn't smart enough to have a player agent represent them? Why do you think they get an agent in the first place?
Look, I know what I said is a very simplistic view and unrealistic. It just seems that the character of agents always seems questionable, like a dodgy used car salesman type only looking after themselves.

Look, I know what I said is a very simplistic view and unrealistic. It just seems that the character of agents always seems questionable, like a dodgy used car salesman type only looking after themselves.
I agree with much with what you say, what Im saying is that they will always be around but a good negotiator can avert or minimise those issues. In my opinion I think its more a case of the club allowing itself to be taken advantage of.

Should there not be a Moses mgr thread?
Coach, assistant coach, Bully, Condon, Johns, now Talau, Brooks who else?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10