The Tartak (Crown Sports) purge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In the game I watched on the weekend Woods was one of our best forwards in a well beaten pack. He is not a dud signing in my book specially at the price we got him. Talua well we don't know what we are getting. Brooks is a good signing. Telma well I don't think we've seen his best yet.
I hope we haven't seen his best yet!

As we've been signing players like Woods, Talau and Brooks we're still accepting mediocrity no matter what each have cost us.
I think Brooks is a pretty good player who has been made the convenient scapegoat for failings elsewhere at the Tigers - on and off the field. We have had a few of those at Manly.

There are plenty of good footballing judges in Brooks’s corner.

I think Brooks is a pretty good player who has been made the convenient scapegoat for failings elsewhere at the a tigers - on and off field. We have had a few of those at Manly.

There are plenty of good footballing judges in Brooks’s corner.

He won't be "the man" so to speak over here so hopefully a bit less pressure on him and the change works in his/our favour.

The purge is definitely on

The problem is we are taking on a lot of Moses-managed players who also manages Seibold so we are trading one dodgy manager for another
Capture bonding Manly style. We escape from the grips of Tartak and embrace another Stockholm Syndrome relationship with Moses.

Thus far Moses seems to be an even greater evil genius in palming us Siebold, Woods, Talau and Brooks.

I think the club has been very clever here.

They’ve locked in Schuster, Olakau’atu & Saab with recent upgrades after Tartak agitated for Schuster to be given the #6 jersey & hinting in the media about shopping Saab & Olakau’atu.

Now they’re bringing in an established 5/8th & Tartak/Schuster will be unsure of what’s going on.

If the club moves Schuster to second row & he’s not happy about it, he/Tartak will have to break his contract if they want out.

At this stage, what club would be interested in footing the bill to take on Schuster if he gets an early release?

Likewise if Tartak tries to use Saab & Olakau’atu as leverage to get what he wants for Schuster. Tartak probably thought he had a few years of ransoming the club, with Latu in the wings should anything happen with Schuster.

Getting rid of Tartak’s other clients means he can’t use them as leverage.

A fait accompli by the club IMO. They’ve finally put their foot down & stopped accepting all of Tartak’s demands & made it clear no one is irreplaceable.

Maybe now these blokes will concentrate on training hard & playing footy instead of making demands of the club after only being here for 5 minutes.

Yeah, but who else is under Tartak? I'm pretty sure that lines up with those players and if they don't like the line of put up or shut up, then it's a pretty convenient line to hand to the media to claw back control and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear it from Tartak or Aloiai.
For all of us on here, it's likely a non issue....but for those without an (un)healthy following of all things NRL, it could be a great opportunity to highlight the bigotry of something they know very little about...you know...like they did with the same players when they refused to wear the pride jersey.
Come to think of it...it could be fun :)
GCKT is a Crown client. I reckon he's headed for the exit door as well.

I think the club has been very clever here.

They’ve locked in Schuster, Olakau’atu & Saab with recent upgrades after Tartak agitated for Schuster to be given the #6 jersey & hinting in the media about shopping Saab & Olakau’atu.

Now they’re bringing in an established 5/8th & Tartak/Schuster will be unsure of what’s going on.

If the club moves Schuster to second row & he’s not happy about it, he/Tartak will have to break his contract if they want out.

At this stage, what club would be interested in footing the bill to take on Schuster if he gets an early release?

Likewise if Tartak tries to use Saab & Olakau’atu as leverage to get what he wants for Schuster. Tartak probably thought he had a few years of ransoming the club, with Latu in the wings should anything happen with Schuster.

Getting rid of Tartak’s other clients means he can’t use them as leverage.

A fait accompli by the club IMO. They’ve finally put their foot down & stopped accepting all of Tartak’s demands & made it clear no one is irreplaceable.

Maybe now these blokes will concentrate on training hard & playing footy instead of making demands of the club after only being here for 5 minutes.
Player agents will always have some influence in club affairs. What makes you think , things will change when we move on from Tartak? were you hoping for players that have no player agent represent them. It's a business. Tartak is the modern day Wayne Beavis.

Purge all they like , we have the core here:

Blokes like Garrick, Keppie, Croker, Jake & others will steer this club and culture right. Brooks has played through adversity plenty, so he'll bring more resilience, too.

These moves are exciting me. I want players here who WANT to be here. That'll drive success, and it's happening.

Losing players sucks, because we become connected, but change needs to occur, especially culture wise.

It's a good day for us imo.

Staving off Union for Koula was big.

I think it might be manageable if we had an owner that had a clue about running a football club. Im sure its not the first time its happened at any sporting club.
Tartak basically infiltrated the club with the assistance of Scott Fulton & entrenched 10 players in our ranks.

He then started making demands (upgrades, the #6 jersey for Schuster) & used his players as leverage (if you don’t give me what I want I’ll take x & y elsewhere).

This was during & after the period the club stood by the Fainus & kept Manase on the books & continued to pay him while he was stood down, even after his contract expired.

Yes it’s a business but there are ethics & standards to be adhered to & Tartak is now finding out what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you & I’m loving it.

Purge all they like , we have the core here:

Blokes like Garrick, Keppie, Croker, Jake & others will steer this club and culture right. Brooks has played through adversity plenty, so he'll bring more resilience, too.

These moves are exciting me. I want players here who WANT to be here. That'll drive success, and it's happening.

Losing players sucks, because we become connected, but change needs to occur, especially culture wise.

It's a good day for us imo.

Staving off Union for Koula was big.
I agree with this. Although some people want to make a big deal about how player agents are the drivers of unbalanced rosters....at the end of the day, it is a reflection on the club's poor management / ownership rather than the better negotiation skills of the agent.

Tartak basically infiltrated the club with the assistance of Scott Fulton & entrenched 10 players in our ranks.

He then started making demands (upgrades, the #6 jersey for Schuster) & used his players as leverage (if you don’t give me what I want I’ll take x & y elsewhere).

This was during & after the period the club stood by the Fainus & kept Manase on the books & continued to pay him while he was stood down, even after his contract expired.

Yes it’s a business but there are ethics & standards to be adhered to & Tartak is now finding out what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you & I’m loving it.
I understand all that, but what makes you think this will be any different with any other player agent in future.?

Whilst I agree with you,Manly are running the risk of losing Olakau’atu,Saab,GCKT and Schuster.I’m not convinced Schuster’s reported contract extension exists either

Agents are purely parasites. The percentage they get paid to ensure their clients get the best deal is just money wasted. May as well accept a deal which might be slightly lower than to give 15% to a leech. They are the modern day stage magicians, all smoke and mirrors with a bit of diversion thrown in for good measure. You would have thought we had moved on from the Col. Tom Parker's

Whilst I agree with you,Manly are running the risk of losing Olakau’atu,Saab,GCKT and Schuster.I’m not convinced Schuster’s reported contract extension exists either
True but - if those you named aren’t invested in the club enough to be easily swayed to leave by their grub manager, then I think we’re better off without them in the long run.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10