This is another reason why we can't get sponsors:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
panfers were also up there and got no media value in it.

They did in this article:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stars-dig-in-to-help-flood-victims-clean-up-20110118-19vds.html

because they were all in the Cross partying at the strip clubs at 4am in the morning.  ;D

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295388536[/time]

on another note, on League Unlimited today there is a section for Toyota Cup. Guess who isn't there yet!!

A poster put this on today as all clubs 2011 Toyota cup lists are up there: "Who are we missing?? Just Manly??

Sums our club up in a nutshell, no communication, late with news, it is numbing to see how far behind we are in Public relations and getting our name out there. What has gone so wrong??

Has Peters lost it? Check the official website out, it's all last year still with 50 days to go, Zorba: get people excited about 2011!!! Get the new profiles up so we can see them, chat about new recruits (only toyota cup)

I'm a member and want to see anything!!

Agree totally Darren.

We must be the only club with a website that hasn't been updated since last season.  No news as to who is in the top 25 this year, no toyota cup side, nothing about the NSW cup side and no updates as to how the offseason is going with the team(s).  Totally in the dark  

Members should be receiving access to video of the club's training sessions and I would have thought that the school holidays would have been a good time to have an open training sessions to invite all fans down to watch the team train.

Have a barbque and have players encouraging people to sign up as members.

The club has to realise that all this secrecy and under the radar stuff doesn't endear itself to a lot of the fans who feel alienated and not part of the club.  

They can continue to be an elite group with a small fan base or open up to the masses and acquire many more members.  

You lot are all class, trying to use something that killed 20 odd people for publicity.

FFS its a football club, get a bit of perspective.

right on tookey, gee, can members access 2011 training sessions, meet the players at narrabeen, I would come up for that to see Narrabeen, get these kids on scholarships to help in the office!!! They are kids and helping the club admin would be fine, like a traineeship

Agree with Fro

You should help not because you want coverage but because you want to help

lsz link said:
Agree with Fro

No-one suggested that they shouldn't help. We've had a long term association with the sunshine coast and should of been one of the first to put our hands up to help.

Darren link said:
because they were all in the Cross partying at the strip clubs at 4am in the morning.  ;D

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295388536[/time]

on another note, on League Unlimited today there is a section for Toyota Cup. Guess who isn't there yet!!

A poster put this on today as all clubs 2011 Toyota cup lists are up there: \"Who are we missing?? Just Manly??

Sums our club up in a nutshell, no communication, late with news, it is numbing to see how far behind we are in Public relations and getting our name out there. What has gone so wrong??

Has Peters lost it? Check the official website out, it's all last year still with 50 days to go, Zorba: get people excited about 2011!!! Get the new profiles up so we can see them, chat about new recruits (only toyota cup)

I'm a member and want to see anything!!

His job should be one of the easiest in the whole club.
Infact we'd probably do most of his job for him if/when they release info.

I thought the official site WAS updated. I was looking forward to seeing Perry, Hodko, Farrar, Tasi and co. run around with us next year. I'm still really excited to see if we have ACTUALLY signed Matt Orford yet !!

That being said Darren, you get "members only" rights on the official website remember, so you should be happy. Hell, log on next week, and you might see Lowey talking about our 2010 round 3 loss. He may even mentioned who we are NOT interested in, and who we can't attain as a sponsor.

swoop link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186276.msg312246#msg312246 date=1295396558]
Agree with Fro

No-one suggested that they shouldn't help. We've had a long term association with the sunshine coast and should of been one of the first to put our hands up to help.
[/quote]

And Fro never suggested that anyone suggested they shouldn't help.

All that was being pointed out was that the first thought many of you had from a tragedy was publicity rather than empathy or sympathy. It's a bit tasteless and to be honest my first thoughts when all those teams rushed in & tried to be the first up there wasn't "good on 'em" it was that they're media whores.

Maybe I'm being cynical but marketing a brand to the Northern Beaches is quite a difficult thing. It isn't (and I've said this before in other threads) like marketing a team to the Western Suburbs. Big, shiney & publicity hungry is seen as being too borish & common to represent this area. You can't simply do what the Westie clubs do. There needs to be an air of sophistication.

I'm not saying the club is getting it right, just that many of you are getting it wrong. We shouldn't want to be spoken of in the same manner as the other Sydney clubs. We need to differentiate ourselves.

We have differentiated oursleves already.

We have a non existing marketing plan, we are 4th worst in membership, we have no sponsor, we have the worst ground in the comp, we take home games away from our fortress and our media manager couldnt get us in the paper, positively, if he tried.

As for the other teams being media whores....mate everyone that has gone up there to help has done so for the good of the people not themselves.

We have been in the Sunshione Coast for a few years now with good success, but now we dont need them we leave them for dead.

The entire club should have been theer to assist these guys.

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186276.msg312044#msg312044 date=1295256954]
Agreed.  I don't like the 'under the radar' approach of Des and his mates.  Put some talking head out there and promote the team and brand.  Wolfie is good.  A very good image for kids.  George would be good.  King is articulate.  There's obviously more so why not get Parramatta off the back page and us on it.  And Canteen, we both want the same thing, it's just that bygones are bygones and he's gone.  No use raking up the ghosts of the past.      

A problem with a couple of those guys is their manager. He is notorious for overcharging for what his signed players do.

Matt Ballin is the 1st one the club should put up. He is the one we normally ask for (also cause he is keen to work with us too). He is articulate, respected for his work ethic and he is a deadset cleanskin. As an extra bonus the guy has model good looks, which means when he does TV he can attract a female audience as well as a male footy fan audience. They need to get some media training for a few players. I'd look at Foran cause he is an international, a playmaker and a good looking kid. Its a shame Lyon isn't a big fan of media work cause he is teh leader, but not all captains are built to do the media side. Wolfie would be idea if not for earlier stated problem.

When you book for these guys for media work you have to asses a few things, who is a the playmaker or star, who's is a communicator , good looking and who has the big personality. Cause for media you want to get the most number of possible viewers/readers, not just the fans of that team
[/quote]

Captain, may I ask who you work for?

Duff link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186276.msg312250#msg312250 date=1295397673]
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186276.msg312246#msg312246 date=1295396558]
Agree with Fro

[/quote]

And Fro never suggested that anyone suggested they shouldn't help.

All that was being pointed out was that the first thought many of you had from a tragedy was publicity rather than empathy or sympathy. It's a bit tasteless and to be honest my first thoughts when all those teams rushed in & tried to be the first up there wasn't "good on 'em" it was that they're media whores.

Maybe I'm being cynical but marketing a brand to the Northern Beaches is quite a difficult thing. It isn't (and I've said this before in other threads) like marketing a team to the Western Suburbs. Big, shiney & publicity hungry is seen as being too borish & common to represent this area. You can't simply do what the Westie clubs do. There needs to be an air of sophistication.

I'm not saying the club is getting it right, just that many of you are getting it wrong. We shouldn't want to be spoken of in the same manner as the other Sydney clubs. We need to differentiate ourselves.

[/quote]

Publicity aside. I said in a few posts that we've had a long association with the sunshine coast sea eagles and should have been the first to put our hand to help.

The floods weren't at the Sunshine Coast.

Apart from that yes it wouldnt have hurt us to assist, just not to score brownie points.

Fro link said:
The floods weren't at the Sunshine Coast.

Apart from that yes it wouldnt have hurt us to assist, just not to score brownie points.

I know where the sunshine coast. My point is that if any NRL team, other than the ones in QLD, was going go up to help we should of been one of the first to put our hand up.

on ya Ryan, I will look logging on and reading about the great start Trent Hodkinson has made in his debut year. 

DSM5 link said:
Agreed.  I don't like the 'under the radar' approach of Des and his mates.  Put some talking head out there and promote the team and brand.  Wolfie is good.  A very good image for kids.  George would be good.  King is articulate.  There's obviously more so why not get Parramatta off the back page and us on it.  And Canteen, we both want the same thing, it's just that bygones are bygones and he's gone.  No use raking up the ghosts of the past.     
They still haunt us.

1) Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to stop living in the past, because IT ISN'T HELPING. Dwelling on 2008 and Brett Stewart isn't going to get anybody anywhere. MOVE ON.

2) I am SICK of the complete and utter lack of news about injuries, signings, squads, etc. from the club. It's always been that way, and it is very frustrating. How does having a siege or 'fly under the radar' mentality in relation to the media help the club? All it does is frustrate fans and dissuade potential sponsors.

3) I find the constant negatively given by Lowe and Penn quite alarming really.
If they have nothing positive to say, they should both not say it and sack themselves, because quite obviously they are not doing their job.

4) I find the media saturation given to the QLD floods rather annoying. Leave QLD to get on with job of rebuilding itself in peace. It's all well and good if they're actually helping to clean up, but if all they're there to do is gain publicity, and boost ratings, then they should go home. No sports player should feel obligated or be forced to go and help them. They should only do it on their own free will.

Frogz link said:
We have been in the Sunshione Coast for a few years now with good success, but now we dont need them we leave them for dead.
The entire club should have been theer to assist these guys.

Why do you think that ? (bolded bit)

Dont you think the NSWRL was the driving factor ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2