Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
Wow, VFTH - that is a truly amazing read. A great laugh once again.

1. I didn't quote the Age. I quoted Brissie Kid. 100% his choice, 0% mine. I'm happy to discuss any media.

2. The term Telegossip applies to all low grade gossip-style reporting. Attach it to News Ltd as you wish, or elsewhere as you wish.

3. I choose options a) and b) (and another unstated reason) as explaining the bent of the news articles. Nothing of offence there unless you mindlessly believe the gossip. Do you?

4. That you strangely choose options c) and d) as representing you being dumber than AFL fans - hence your decision to take offence - only reveals your own self-esteem issues. Your choice, not mine. Something for you to look at?

5. My proposition of four options plus the collective was an implicit challenge to provide an alternate explanation. There are of course ALWAYS other explanations of everything. You rose to the challenge with a single reason: Expert handling of the media by the AFL, poor by the NRL. A good giggle. Do you actually seriously believe Demetriou's boasting? Gently scratch below the surface and you'll find a dirty underside:

And to think i nearly missed your gems of wisdom,. Right so cutting through all the sanctimonious twaddle.

1. I concede you did not quote the article directly, but in quoting the poster you have added to the existing discussion stemming from said article. Or we're you merely grinding an axe completely unconnected to the article and thrust of the post?

2. Somewhat disengenious. A large proportion if not all readers of said phrase would likely say you are referring to the Telegraph

3. Interesting that you have acknowledged you have chosen options a and b. why do you believe "low grade gossip style reporters" are reporting the AFL issue any differently? Gently scratch beneath the surface and you will find a dirty underside (unless of course you truly did intend the telegossip to represent the Telegraph). The reporting of the AFL side of this "issue" from Melbourne based "low grade gossip style reporters" has been of the same style. Surely you realise that

4. Thanks for your pseudo psychological insights, off the mark though, it is about as logical as me making an inverse link between your sizeably arrogant demeanour and argumentative approach in this thread with your genital size.

if you feel (c )is indeed a strange choice, why would you have put it there in the first instance? It marries well to the belligerent tone you have adopted in this thread. Unless of course you do indeed wish to be perceived as an arrogant prick - your choice not mine, something for you to look at?

5. I see no value in discussing my views of AFL administration, you have shown your hand and to enter a discussion will be futile, you have shown yourself unwilling to accept anyones views on this topic/thread that differ to yours. But I will say that my views are founded in much more than this issue.

No doubt you will return with some contemptuous post, I won't bother responding as it will no doubt remain unresolved.

Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:
Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:
Keep sticking up for News Ltd HH. Or is it Rupert?

As if a Manly fan that lived through Super League while living in Brisbane, would have the time or inclination to support News as a matter of course.

Grow up, Rex. Your continuous labelling and misdirection are pitiful.

You love giving it out, HH, and cry "poor me" every time its mirrored back.

Just saying ...

Feel free to share an instance here where I've assumed a political label for you in a disparaging manner, due to your opinion.

For somebody that continually claims the world is full of 'prejudices' stemming from sheeple incapable of thinking for themselves, you seem incapable of understanding that people can have opinions seperate to their more general leanings.

Off on your imaginary trips again HH? If you care to read what I ACTUALLY wrote (see above), I referred to you sticking up for News Ltd. That is what you reacted to.

I don't care who you choose to politically support. That's your personal business. And if for just once you kept it personal, then there may be space for us to all talk footy here for a change.

There would not be a single person here uncertain of your political leanings, yet you continually claim to not be spouting a political position. So there are two choices: either you are unconsciously prejudiced, or are consciously trying to deceive us. Which is it HH?

voicefromthehill said:
Rex said:
Wow, VFTH - that is a truly amazing read. A great laugh once again.

1. I didn't quote the Age. I quoted Brissie Kid. 100% his choice, 0% mine. I'm happy to discuss any media.

2. The term Telegossip applies to all low grade gossip-style reporting. Attach it to News Ltd as you wish, or elsewhere as you wish.

3. I choose options a) and b) (and another unstated reason) as explaining the bent of the news articles. Nothing of offence there unless you mindlessly believe the gossip. Do you?

4. That you strangely choose options c) and d) as representing you being dumber than AFL fans - hence your decision to take offence - only reveals your own self-esteem issues. Your choice, not mine. Something for you to look at?

5. My proposition of four options plus the collective was an implicit challenge to provide an alternate explanation. There are of course ALWAYS other explanations of everything. You rose to the challenge with a single reason: Expert handling of the media by the AFL, poor by the NRL. A good giggle. Do you actually seriously believe Demetriou's boasting? Gently scratch below the surface and you'll find a dirty underside:

And to think i nearly missed your gems of wisdom,. Right so cutting through all the sanctimonious twaddle.

1. I concede you did not quote the article directly, but in quoting the poster you have added to the existing discussion stemming from said article. Or we're you merely grinding an axe completely unconnected to the article and thrust of the post?

2. Somewhat disengenious. A large proportion if not all readers of said phrase would likely say you are referring to the Telegraph

3. Interesting that you have acknowledged you have chosen options a and b. why do you believe "low grade gossip style reporters" are reporting the AFL issue any differently? Gently scratch beneath the surface and you will find a dirty underside (unless of course you truly did intend the telegossip to represent the Telegraph). The reporting of the AFL side of this "issue" from Melbourne based "low grade gossip style reporters" has been of the same style. Surely you realise that

4. Thanks for your pseudo psychological insights, off the mark though, it is about as logical as me making an inverse link between your sizeably arrogant demeanour and argumentative approach in this thread with your genital size.

if you feel (c )is indeed a strange choice, why would you have put it there in the first instance? It marries well to the belligerent tone you have adopted in this thread. Unless of course you do indeed wish to be perceived as an arrogant prick - your choice not mine, something for you to look at?

5. I see no value in discussing my views of AFL administration, you have shown your hand and to enter a discussion will be futile, you have shown yourself unwilling to accept anyones views on this topic/thread that differ to yours. But I will say that my views are founded in much more than this issue.

No doubt you will return with some contemptuous post, I won't bother responding as it will no doubt remain unresolved.

Keep those laughs coming VFTH.

1. You have now conceded that you misrepresented me as quoting the Age. Thank you for your honest retraction. That took guts. And the foundations on which you built your entire lengthy argument collapsed in that one, single admission.

2. You sanctimoniously tell me how I must use the term Telegossip – that the term must refer to every single News Ltd publication and article - and no other article or publication. I will continue to use the term how I think it should be used – to refer to Telecommunication articles/programs/etc centred on gossip rather than news.

The Australian is a News Ltd publication, and in general their stories tend to rank ahead of the Telegraph stories in terms of credibility (news rather than gossip). And similarly, different authors have different levels of credibility. And different articles by the same author in the same publication can have vastly different news/gossip ratios.

Although News Ltd has led the world to the depths of “News of the World” standards, some News Ltd articles are Telegossip, others not so. If you don’t like this discernment, if it is too complex for you, then that is your issue. And if you need to call that discernment disingenuous, then that is your issue too.

Look and you'll see that your response is 100% emotively driven VFTH, and the facts are twisted to fit your emotion.

Ralphie said:
If you lot aren't careful, Rex will be into each and every one of you.
Your concern isn't with everyone else Ralphie. Your concern is with one hurt little boy.

EXCLUSIVE: PARRAMATTA has become the seventh NRL team to be hauled into ASADA's investigation, with two current Eels players wanted for interview.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the pair - recruited from Cronulla and Manly over the past two seasons - are among the 31 players who received interview notices last month.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/n...6628972604

Manly recruit ?? XXXX I would assume ??

That link seems broken, this one is currently working:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-duo-faces-asada-grilling/story-e6frexq0-1226628972604

"There is no suggestion the two Eels players ASADA want to interview were taking banned substances."

Looking for disgruntled ex-teammates?

Chip and Chase said:
EXCLUSIVE: PARRAMATTA has become the seventh NRL team to be hauled into ASADA's investigation, with two current Eels players wanted for interview.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the pair - recruited from Cronulla and Manly over the past two seasons - are among the 31 players who received interview notices last month.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/n...6628972604

Manly recruit ?? XXXX I would assume ??

or Daniel Harrison

[Edit to remove player named in my original post - C&C]

Fairy Bower said:
The Cronulla bloke may be Taulima Toutai

Good pick up I went thru the profiles last night trying to find the shark one. I get the feeling asada are flogging
:flogger:

So slow this investigation. It's as if they are waiting for something to fall out of the tree. All the delays are doing is adding to the pressure on players who may crack and giving time for more rumours, speculation and digging by journalists and media hystericals.

And that helps no one.

Oh hang on, yes it does.

as manly supporters you respect your players and wont name names on speculation in this thread but you have named two players that arent here anymore . Maybe the same respect should be shown to them

sami12 said:
as manly supporters you respect your players and wont name names on speculation in this thread but you have named two players that arent here anymore . Maybe the same respect should be shown to them
You know what I think you are right but then wat about that Gronk massoud he may as well have said who it was by saying 2 parra players one who signed from manly and sharks. Once again poor form from news limited

sami12 said:

There are also many of us who respect former player darcy and daniel included

sami12 said:

Totally agree. C'mon guys. The only time where we should be speculating about which players are involved is if it was the Bulldogs that were named.

bones said:
sami12 said:

Totally agree. C'mon guys. The only time where we should be speculating about which players are involved is if it was the Bulldogs that were named.

Player a, player b and player c lol

If the rumours breaking on twitter right now are true the Daily Telecrap is just about to reach a new all time low.

Fox Sports News saying https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNews/status/327398254427918338

Brissie Kid said:
If the rumours breaking on twitter right now are true the Daily Telecrap is just about to reach a new all time low.

Fox Sports News saying https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNews/status/327398254427918338

This is way out of control now...........

Peptide 'link' to NRL star's death

Josh Massoud, James Hooper and Rebecca Wilson

A REPORT into Cronulla's supplement program has warned peptides given to players may have accelerated Jon Mannah's fatal cancer.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/peptides-given-to-cronulla-sharks-players-may-have-hastened-former-player-jon-mannahs-death/story-e6frfgfo-1226629608852

The poor Mannah family, the nrl should support the family in lodging a complaint, disgraceful article.

Put it this way.... How many more papers are they going to sell tomorrow now that a "teaser" has been leaked?

Brissie Kid said:
How does a confidential report get into the hands of a newspaper?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8