Thurston touches the ball, Foran is doubtful to have touched

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Notice how no other teams gets this kind media attention from a "controversial" try? They might but probably not as much as Manly had been getting.
I had watched the highlights of the Melbourne Storms game, oh when was it? Before the finals began? Or was it against the Rabbitoh's in their qualifying final? Anyway, Billy Slater had scored a try and they were checking it. It was very clear that there was separation between the ball and his hands. The ball had fallen on the ground and he quickly put his hands on it and the try was awarded, guess what, as 'Benefit of the Doubt.' After that there was no ongoing media attention about it. How do you like that one?
Yesterday afternoon I stopped in at the shops just around the corner from where I live. The owner is a Bulldogs supporter and I just mentioned to him you should see the two Manly flags I have on my car. He said 'You're a Manly supporter?' and I said 'Yeah, big time!'

Brookie Brawler is spot on! The headline interpretation of what Foran is supposed to have admitted is in stark contrast to the actual words he is quoted to have said. Does Foxsports assume we are stupid sheep simply because we listen to what they say? Does anyone know the exact words Foran said which would support the headline's claims? Source? Anyone?

It has become part of media folklore that the decision was incorrect.
Do the referees think this? No!

'It is understood the majority of referees in attendance agreed that Clark and Simpkins were correct in ruling "benefit of the doubt" for Michael Oldfield's try because they could not be sure teammate Kieran Foran had knocked the ball on.'

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-at-odds-with-referees-over-kieran-foran-knock-on-fiasco-in-manly-win/story-fn2mcuj6-1226476217903#ixzz26spCodyR

Is Harrigan sure Foran touched it? NO!

"In all likelihood I think he touched it. Can I prove that? No I can't. The only bloke who knows is the bloke who touched it." Harrigan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/referees-boss-bill-harrigan-at-odds-with-referees-over-kieran-foran-knock-on-fiasco-in-manly-win/story-fn2mcuj6-1226476217903#ixzz26smlGzkJ

So why doesn't Harrigan back his officials? Gutless?

Hamster Huey said:
Yes, they do assume the sheep will fall for it, and Yes, they did.

Of course they did. If it is anything negative about Manly then of course it is true.

Chip and Chase said:
I can't believe the amount of whinging about this decision. It happens every bloody week, the refs get things wrong, hell they even got one of the Cowboys tries wrong on the back of a strip and a blatant forward pass. Is there endless media coverage on that ? No. !

Why do the Cowboys think that this cost them their season ?? lack of ability and failure to perform under pressure cost them their season, not some 50/50 BOD try. Take that try away and they still lost. FFS what don't they understand about that ? They can talk all they want about momentum and changing the course of the game, but how do you think we felt at 12-6 and with all the running and they get a dodgy try to even things up and put the pressure back on us. Even after the Oldfield try they had the best part of 15 minutes to score some points. They couldn't do it, end of story.

If whinging ever becomes an Olympic sport than Nth Qld Cowboys will field a pretty handy relay side capable of taking gold.

They knew Manly were the better side 100% but also knew they were on the end of some bad calls .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6