Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our players are saying the right things during pressers which confirms a recognition that they need to improve their performances away from home and that the Tigers won't be an easy game.

Our players are saying the right things during pressers which confirms a recognition that they need to improve their performances away from home and that the Tigers won't be an easy game.
Don't think there'll be any complacency from the team come Sunday, everyone seems to be on the same page.

The reason the Storms try was easy was because Parker came off his line to either attempt an intercept or assist in a tackle. He seems to be doing this more often these days. Coaches should insist on the backs staying on their man and relying on the cover coming across rather than running in. . While I'm on this, Tommy and Harper didn't pass to Saab when a try was in the offing. disappointing.
I noticed that as well, I thought Harper could have given the ball to Saab 2x ,there was an aerial shot of one of them and the coast looked pretty clear at the time

Thank you @The Wheel for posting

The Humble Manly Wrecking Ball Haumole Olakauatu is Mauling his way into becoming one of our Greatest Backrowers in the proud History of our Legendary club

Olakauatu is the complete All-round player who dominates in both attack and defence

OLakuaatu is a TEAM PLAYER and an opposition TEAM SLAYER
9c118698e4b1a2813db8dfb0fb62540b.jpg

Younger version of taufua. I haven't seen him under pressure yet with the high ball and hopefully he is alot more safer than what Taufua was.
He was put under pressure like that last year and was sadly found wanting. He had a good game vs the storm but they really didn’t test his weaknesses.

Like a few on here I’m surprised that everyone is falling into the “ we’ll win it and win it easy “ mode.

It’s games like this , for as long as I can care to remember , that we have dropped and dropped badly.

Big , no HUGE win v the Storm , great stuff wasn’t it.

But I have a real feeling we are going to come out all cocky on Sunday and get our arses wacked as a result.

You have one very very VERY desperate team.

You have one very passionate home crowd who know that they’ve bested the Sea Eagles on numerous occasions at home , and they’ll be screaming for blood.

You then have a set of what are “ controlled “ refs , working largely to a script. Manly are expendable , western Sydney aren’t , Tigers will get each and every decision going their way.

That said we can still win, but they if they are minutely off their game or just plain lazy , expect the 17th side to win.

Funny but I fear these games more than I fear playing the top 2.

For me it’s Tigers by not much , say 4 points.

I can just feel it in my bones.

Like a few on here I’m surprised that everyone is falling into the “ we’ll win it and win it easy “ mode.

It’s games like this , for as long as I can care to remember , that we have dropped and dropped badly.

But I have a real feeling we are going to come out all cocky on Sunday and get our arses wacked as a result.

You have one very passionate home crowd who know that they’ve bested the Sea Eagles on numerous occasions at home , and they’ll be screaming for blood.

You then have a set of what are “ controlled “ refs , working largely to a script. Manly are expendable , western Sydney aren’t , Tigers will get each and every decision going their way.

That said we can still win, but they if they are minutely off their game or just plain lazy , expect the 17th side to win.

You need to have a little lie down Mark ...

The reason the Storms try was easy was because Parker came off his line to either attempt an intercept or assist in a tackle. He seems to be doing this more often these days. Coaches should insist on the backs staying on their man and relying on the cover coming across rather than running in. . While I'm on this, Tommy and Harper didn't pass to Saab when a try was in the offing. disappointing.
The inside defence didn't push across quick enough and Parker had to come in to cover their backrower. If he stays on his centre Hughes goes short and they probably score anyway. Our defence broke down well before the ball got past Parker.

I hope you are feeling well feathered friend

After our Dr Jackel and Mr Hide up and down performances I can understand your anxiety level for the Tigers game

Last week against the storm we played above our weight and over enthused the storm and won

If the Tigers follow Suit then they can defeat the Sea eagles

But the Seibold and the Sea Eagles have the final say on how we play on game day

The inside defence didn't push across quick enough and Parker had to come in to cover their backrower. If he stays on his centre Hughes goes short and they probably score anyway. Our defence broke down well before the ball got past Parker.
Parker came of his line and that broke our line of our defensive structure
Look at the replay feathered friend

Brandon Wakeham and Luke Brooks the 2 biggest reasons I'm confident.

With Drugcastle going so well now I wonder if that’s still the case.

Guess it will depend on $$$$
Fainu selected on the bench, but it's weird that there is no utility or dummy half. I suspect this won't be the 17 on game day.

Agree it’s a very big bench. Not sure what happens if froggy or a back gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10