Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

16 22
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONSPIRACY ALERT (Please hail me as the genius super mastermind human puppeteer and very good yabby breeder if theory proves true.)

I have a STRONG suspicion GCKT will play this week. Obviously the bench is unworkable and not naming Weekes or Johns is Stange. I think the club don't want to muck around with Weekes or Johns because at present they're first grade fringe players and naming them not playing them looks bad on their resumes statistically, sends the wrong message and would piss them off.

I reckon Seibs has had a word to Keppie told him he's named but won't play do it for the team beacause.....

If Fainu makes his debut and Gordon makes his debut it's two debutants which is unusual and would attract attention, Gordon has Asian heritage, and sur-name so that sells as a multi cultural aspect and he's a short little rolly guy so there would be an absolute media barrage just when manly look tile their attitude is back aligned.

Anyway knock em dead Gordy and Samuella! Go Manly!

Hey, can anyone tell me is having 4 forwards on the bench will work?

Based on previous history either Parker will get a head bin or Harper will make that many mistakes he'll need to be hooked.

Worried about risk management this week.

Some obvious areas from the Tigers we should be targeting if Seibs and Flanno are the tactical geniuses we think they are. That left side defence for Tigers has been leaking a lot of points and you have two notorious attacking strike weapons in Haumole and Saab that can find points from kicks over the top of Tupou and Brooks, short balls to get Haumole 1 on 1 with Brooks, or also getting Saab space to burn Tupou on the outside. It's a massive mismatch on that side.

Also on the other edge, Schuster and Turbo will be torching Wakeham and co and I reckon Garrick will go in for 2 or more tries. A lot of points up for grabs if we play smart, that's what top teams do, find an area of deficiency and just attack it the whole game, this our chance to. We need to be ruthless and we must win. Lets go Manly!

Hey, can anyone tell me is having 4 forwards on the bench will work?

Based on previous history either Parker will get a head bin or Harper will make that many mistakes he'll need to be hooked.

Worried about risk management this week.
Playing a second rower at centre is the easiest way to cover a scenario like this, and happens all the time

Playing a second rower at centre is the easiest way to cover a scenario like this, and happens all the time.
Yes, but what about the scenario of one of our halves being injured? Weekes can cover those positions, fullback & outside backs if necessary.

Some obvious areas from the Tigers we should be targeting if Seibs and Flanno are the tactical geniuses we think they are. That left side defence for Tigers has been leaking a lot of points and you have two notorious attacking strike weapons in Haumole and Saab that can find points from kicks over the top of Tupou and Brooks, short balls to get Haumole 1 on 1 with Brooks, or also getting Saab space to burn Tupou on the outside. It's a massive mismatch on that side.

Also on the other edge, Schuster and Turbo will be torching Wakeham and co and I reckon Garrick will go in for 2 or more tries. A lot of points up for grabs if we play smart, that's what top teams do, find an area of deficiency and just attack it the whole game, this our chance to. We need to be ruthless and we must win. Lets go Manly!
Also, good opportunity to get our for and against points up there with the rest.

If you look at the Tigers side, it's a very strong pack and it's a big pack. It's much stronger than their backline. I think Seibs is going to risk playing with a big bench. In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fainu play on an edge and Bully moved to the middle rotation from the bench. Should there be an injury to Croker or one of the halves, Jake moves to 9.

If you look at the Tigers side, it's a very strong pack and it's a big pack. It's much stronger than their backline. I think Seibs is going to risk playing with a big bench. In saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fainu play on an edge and Bully moved to the middle rotation from the bench. Should there be an injury to Croker or one of the halves, Jake moves to 9.
Your right they have really good starting pack, but their bench seems light with only the two middles.

The glaring difference in the team sheets for me, the Spines, Api aside, Wakeham, Brooks and a debutant FB Bula V Shoe, DCE and Turbo, that’s a bit of a miss match.

Your right they have really good starting pack, but their bench seems light with only the two middles.

The glaring difference in the team sheets for me, the Spines, Api aside, Wakeham, Brooks and a debutant FB Bula V Shoe, DCE and Turbo, that’s a bit of a miss match.
… could be famous last words…

Just sayin’

… could be famous last words…

Just sayin’
We’ll they have nothing to lose and will 100% be up to take it off us, just can’t see it happening and if it does, I’ll have to cop it and get on with it.

Thing is, if we can’t be the Tigpies, especially knowing we stay top 4 or slip out of the eight……. it’s this type of game good sides don‘t drop and we need to just win these sort of games end of story, win we stay in the 4 building that winning culture, dropping this type of game just kills our season, you can’t go out and beat the drizzle one week then drop a game against this mob the next, the win one lose one just doesn’t work, you can’t build your season that way, it’s a must win, where well rested and need to just go and get the 2 points, no excuses and I believe that’s exactly what we’ll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10