Time for legal action against the bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
IF all reports are correct then Keiren is heading to follow the dog himself in Dessie.

The board now have to stand up and be strong for every member, support, club offical for the club. These contracts were displayed to protect dessie and no in the best interest of the club.

Start legal action against Dessi for breach of contract and other matters regarding while under contract with Manly. Also the dogs for talking to dessie while under contract.

Keiren should be not registered and stopped from playing with the dogs to 2014. If this means sitting him on the sidelines for 12months then do so. Do not take a back step and do what other clubs have done and let them go.

We need to make a point here is when you sign with a club then you are to play out your contract. This is all a set up by dessie.
STAND STRONG ON THIS.

slickster71 said:
IF all reports are correct then Keiren is heading to follow the dog himself in Dessie.

The board now have to stand up and be strong for every member, support, club offical for the club. These contracts were displayed to protect dessie and no in the best interest of the club.

Start legal action against Dessi for breach of contract and other matters regarding while under contract with Manly. Also the dogs for talking to dessie while under contract.

Keiren should be not registered and stopped from playing with the dogs to 2014. If this means sitting him on the sidelines for 12months then do so. Do not take a back step and do what other clubs have done and let them go.

We need to make a point here is when you sign with a club then you are to play out your contract. This is all a set up by dessie.
STAND STRONG ON THIS.

Well I know 1 director that wants to do exactly that. He has the support of Arko and others to take the fight up and not let the club be bullied by Des the Dogs or former employee's who white ant him.
I hope he succeeds

If the legal advice Manly receives indicates that the case is strong then yes I agree the club should sue Hasler for breach of contract. If a by-product of this is that Foran's get out clause is null & void even better.

Hasler has given interviews to DT and SMH and in both pretended to be diplomatic but was, with talk of 'players being the best they can be', actively, through the media, inciting our players to leave. Especially Foran who has to enact a contract clause.

Des is leaving a diminishing legacy. Shame on him.

weev said:
Hasler has given interviews to DT and SMH and in both pretended to be diplomatic but was, with talk of 'players being the best they can be', actively, through the media, inciting our players to leave.

Thats more than a long bow being drawn. Doesnt come close to "inciting"

My concern with legal action is that we know that most of the players and some coaching staff still have strong ties with Des, as much as we the fans don't. If I was Des and the club sued me, I'd be using that to my advantage to drive a wedge between the board and the playing group. And to be honest, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

slickster71 said:

If Des breached his contract and Manly was pursuing legal action he would have been stopped from coaching the scum this year. Unfortunately, because this has not happened, I don't think we have a leg to stand on in regards to suing him. As for chasing Canterbury for talking to him, you can't stop them from offering a contract to Des after his contract is over. If you remember Des signed on with Canterbury for 2013, whether or not they hoped he would be stepped down for 2012 is speculation, and I doubt that they have any evidence that Canterbury enticed him to break his contract.

Sadly, I don't think we have a case to put forward in regards to Des, otherwise he would not be currently coaching, an injunction would have been imposed immediately against Des and Canterbury.

slickster71 said:

Another problem is Kieran's contract has a clause which allows him to leave if Des is not coach, you cannot force a player to sit out 12 months if his LEGALLY bound contract allows him to leave earlier, otherwise we'd be looking at a serious case to answer.

Sad to say, but there's nothing illegal about what is happening, it is unethical, but ethics do not dictate our laws, and they are doing everything legally.

Masked Eagle said:
My concern with legal action is that we know that most of the players and some coaching staff still have strong ties with Des, as much as we the fans don't. If I was Des and the club sued me, I'd be using that to my advantage to drive a wedge between the board and the playing group. And to be honest, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

I am sick of hearing that players might get up set so don't do anything.
Do you think that Doug Daily or frank Stanton or Arko would let other clubs and former staff and players have a go at us. NO . I say to the players play and to the administrators administer. The board look after the club. Players and coaches change but the club is still here.

The players don't run the club. (The tail does not wag the dog) No pun .

why not just get on with business and stop worrying about players that decide to leave. Put an offer to them, if they don't like it, there isn't much you can do, so move on

I can see the argument for going after Des for breach of contract, But to punish Kieran for working within the lines of the contract himself & the club signed (not just Des) is poor form and reaks of pettiness.

In Hindsight the club shouldn't of allowed the Clause but they were under the impression Des would stay and were in Negotiations with him to do so. Hope they learn their lesson form this whole saga.

Des / Greenburg / Bulldogs - Maybe have a go at them if the evidence stacks up and they are certain they will win, but also the Financial gain has to be worthwhile as the press will spin it and make us look bad no matter what happens. Sure it may appease the majority of Manly supporters but it could potentially make sponsors walk due to the negative press.

Kieran - Free to do as he pleases, No one can fault him if he leaves either. He can do what he likes with his career.

cliffylyons said:
slickster71 said:

If Des breached his contract and Manly was pursuing legal action he would have been stopped from coaching the scum this year. Unfortunately, because this has not happened, I don't think we have a leg to stand on in regards to suing him. As for chasing Canterbury for talking to him, you can't stop them from offering a contract to Des after his contract is over. If you remember Des signed on with Canterbury for 2013, whether or not they hoped he would be stepped down for 2012 is speculation, and I doubt that they have any evidence that Canterbury enticed him to break his contract.

Sadly, I don't think we have a case to put forward in regards to Des, otherwise he would not be currently coaching, an injunction would have been imposed immediately against Des and Canterbury.

slickster71 said:

Another problem is Kieran's contract has a clause which allows him to leave if Des is not coach, you cannot force a player to sit out 12 months if his LEGALLY bound contract allows him to leave earlier, otherwise we'd be looking at a serious case to answer.

Sad to say, but there's nothing illegal about what is happening, it is unethical, but ethics do not dictate our laws, and they are doing everything legally.

Rubbish

It has taken so long because they needed to get it right. To charge in half cocked would of made it a weak case. I have heard there were thousands of emails to go through. Also legal opinion was needed.

You are assuming that because it has taken some time that they have no grounds,well you would be wrong. just wait and see.

I reckon if he wants to leave , them let him go, dont stoop to their level, we were going to need to rebuild anyway, let Toovey create his own team, We are Manly we will be back. we might have a few gloomy years but we will be back winning a premiership before you know it.

Foran seems to be getting injured alot these days anyway. there is only so much battering a body can take.

The one and only thing that I do not like about all this is the negative media attention the sea eagles receive.

From a financial impact the club and correct if I am wrong is trying to rebuild financially. We don't have the same money as other clubs have to splurge around and we do not need these dramas to continue week in week out which continually erodes into our bargaining power with future sponsors, both Jonesy and Dan make some really valid points.

There is nothing wrong in discussing or debating what the club should or shouldn't do and the majority do that, at the end of the day we need only worry about the things directly in our control and not those outside of it, let the people in charge of the club decide the best course of action required and all we need is to get behind what they do.

Whilst I have no inside knowledge into Keiran Foran's decision to stay or head to the doghouse, my gut from when all this drama unfolded last October was he will be a dog. He has stated in the past, as have his family "that they only want Des to coach Keiran" - no no brainer really. Especially as it is now May (almost) and no comittment to Manly or announcement. Surely he has signed - I mean with DCE it was uncertain for like a few weeks then bang the pen was located and he signed.

Get ready for life without Keiran in my humble opinion.

Incidently a caller (non Manly supporter) calle triple M today and said this: "If Keiran thinks he will be the player he is now at the Bulldogs he is in for a shock. Look who he plays beside, DCE & Lyon. Tke Sandow as an example" and you know the rest.
Matty said :'Yes very good point, I would also be asking the Stewart brothers what they are doing" lol

I mean seriously like others here I would prefer Keiran to stay, but I am so over this behaviour, where to me it is sort of like holding the club and fans to ransom before the next horrendous bomb gets dropped, like straight after the GF win.

Over it, Keiran to needs to comitt to either club and be done with it.

From St Ives to Lakemba - NICEEE

Absolutely agree 1947. Coach his brother to play 5/8th and wait for Ricardi to come through. Sign T-Rex.

lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
slickster71 said:

slickster71 said:

Rubbish

It has taken so long because they needed to get it right. To charge in half cocked would of made it a weak case. I have heard there were thousands of emails to go through. Also legal opinion was needed.

You are assuming that because it has taken some time that they have no grounds,well you would be wrong. just wait and see.

From day one they would have put an injunction on him when they SACKED him, but they didn't. Why wouldn't they do such a thing if they had grounds to sack him?

This whole issue has been a farce from day one.

Jonesyv2 said:
I can see the argument for going after Des for breach of contract, But to punish Kieran for working within the lines of the contract himself & the club signed (not just Des) is poor form and reaks of pettiness.

In Hindsight the club shouldn't of allowed the Clause but they were under the impression Des would stay and were in Negotiations with him to do so. Hope they learn their lesson form this whole saga.

Des / Greenburg / Bulldogs - MayNbe have a go at them if the evidence stacks up and they are certain they will win, but also the Financial gain has to be worthwhile as the press will spin it and make us look bad no matter what happens. Sure it may appease the majority of Manly supporters but it could potentially make sponsors walk due to the negative press.

Kieran - Free to do as he pleases, No one can fault him if he leaves either. He can do what he likes with his career.
nailed it

cliffylyons said:
lovefooty said:
cliffylyons said:
slickster71 said:

slickster71 said:

Rubbish

From day one they would have put an injunction on him when they SACKED him, but they didn't. Why wouldn't they do such a thing if they had grounds to sack him?

This whole issue has been a farce from day one.

Once again Rubbish

They are doing it the way the lawyer wants them to. You say because they didn't do it the way you are saying then there is no case.
They have better legal minds than you or me working on it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6