Time to stay Strong Together

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This most recent Hit on Manly had me sickened to the point I felt my passion for the game take a big dip South.
Manly has endured plenty in my 40+ years as a supporter.
Many forget Manly stood proudly by the ARL when the Super League invasion came about and lost HUGE money by staying proud and loyal to the game, when most took the money and ran.
Since this time the NRL has kicked us in the guts where possible as a big Thank you in return.
The NRL in their wisdom have made False claims including Match fixing and a low life attempt to label our Star player a rapist - ALL proven innocent and unfounded, yet the same player was suspended BEFORE being found guilty, which to this day has me stumped.
Don't get me wrong here - Do the crime, do the time is all good in my world....but ensure the call is correct before issuing out punishment and keep in mind the effects on the players involved, as this is far more important than the game itself.
To conclude I will confess to totally turning my view point, now would be the worst time to let this Salary Cap saga sway my support for Manly.....this is the time to stick together when the chips are down.
The easy out is to jump the ship in tough times - this is not an option, Manly always comes through adversity and its pretty shallow to jump back on when we are dominating again in the near future - bring on 2018 and lets support the players and pi** off the NRL with a great season against the odds!!

This most recent Hit on Manly had me sickened to the point I felt my passion for the game take a big dip South.
Manly has endured plenty in my 40+ years as a supporter.
Many forget Manly stood proudly by the NRL when the Super League invasion came about and lost HUGE money by staying proud and loyal to the game, when most took the money and ran.
Since this time the NRL has kicked us in the guts where possible as a big Thank you in return.
The NRL in their wisdom have made False claims including Match fixing and a low life attempt to label our Star player a rapist - ALL proven innocent and unfounded, yet the same player was suspended BEFORE being found guilty, which to this day has me stumped.
Don't get me wrong here - Do the crime, do the time is all good in my world....but ensure the call is correct before issuing out punishment and keep in mind the effects on the players involved, as this is far more important than the game itself.
To conclude I will confess to totally turning my view point, now would be the worst time to let this Salary Cap saga sway my support for Manly.....this is the time to stick together when the chips are down.
The easy out is to jump the ship in tough times - this is not an option, Manly always comes through adversity and its pretty shallow to jump back on when we are dominating again in the near future - bring on 2018 and lets support the players and pi** off the NRL with a great season against the odds!!
Couldn't agree more...we've had an amazing run since entering the competition. Look things could be worse. We have been caught doing what every other club does. Look on the bright side we could be Parra supporters ( no premiership since '86) Souths (1 premiership in 40 odd years) Cronulla (1 premiership) Titans, Warriors (no premierships) Storm (stripped of premierships)... need I go on. Stick solid because now is the time, our time.

images.jpeg

Bring on '18!

I concur this IS one of those times we MUST and will STICK TOGETHER. If your a member on this forum then I know this won't stop you from supporting the Sea Eagles it's just another hurdle we will overcome as we always do.

Yes we will cop a lot of flak but we're used to that if your an Eagle's fan YOU HAVE THICK SKIN and we will move forward, we still have a competitive team and as the year progresses we will get even better.

SO LET'S SUCK IT UP AND MOVE ON BROTHER"S.

Keep it up NRL. Just makes us stronger, and as we have done for 5 decades, will kick the ever livin **** out of them. We will rise again, we will win premierships, and we will turn our nightmare into their nightmare. THIS is what sets us apart from other clubs.

I don't think the supporters staying strong together is the problem. Hard times always bring unity.
The manner in which this cap investigation proceeded would suggest that the owners, footy club, admin staff, coaches and players need to get strong TOGETHER.

I am not going to abandon my team / reduce my support however it does not stop my disappointment if the charges are proven correct.

Let’s face facts. If there is truth to this it just shows what a basket case we have been all the way back to the days of how the club initially handled the Brett situation.
At some point you have to hope the club uses something like this to resolve the clear long standing admin issues we have

where privately funded clubs like the broncos, storm and roosters can basically do as they please

What is the Penn family? the complete blindness to any faults our club has is embarrassing. I'm going nowhere I still love the club as much as I always have but occasionally it helps to remove the maroon and white glasses if we have ****ed up big deal get rid of any people still at the club (if any) who were involved and pay the fine and get on with it. Just next time if we are going to get involved with dodgey tpa's at least have the decency as a club to fulfill them and disgruntled players wouldn't have rolled. It's an indictment on us as a club that the most successful team since 1970 can not attract (many) tpa's sure I get 1 town teams but with our success we should be doing better against other Sydney teams.

Give me a break. The NRL is the most lop-sided, biased, shambolic so-called professional sporting body in the world. I could list all their shortcomings but can't really be arsed - 12 independent commissioners who do **** all, a snivelling weasel in charge, knee-jerk reactions left right and centre, zero in the way of long term strategic planning unless it involves gold medal virtue signalling from said weasel, the most massively un-level playing field in world sport, where privately funded clubs like the broncos, storm and roosters can basically do as they please, other clubs are bankrupt and have to be bailed out by the NRL, who only have money because the TV stations give it to them in return for total control of the game etc, etc, etc. And you are saying Manly, a true footy club not a franchise, who embody all that used to be good about the game, who operate on a shoe-string in a ground the NRL refuses to help upgrade (whilst they knock down perfectly good, much better stadiums elsewhere just to build new ones), its Manly who have to get their house in order. Are you freaking kidding me??

In no way am i saying that the NRL is a fine tuned machine.

There are a number of issues there that need to be fixed...however if you think that we have been operating in a functional manner over the past 5 / 6 years then I will have to agree to disagree.

Look at the revolving door in the front office as an indication of how poorly we have been operated. As one sided as this appears to be against us (especially considering the actions against the bronco's with gee, Penrith and Maloney and Easts) there has to be an acknowledgement, regardless of how it came out, that we may have cheated. If that is the case then yes we do need to sort our selves out

the people front of warringah
The people of pittwater will rise! For too long they were ignored by the manly-warringah fascist duopoly.

Only now that the northern beaches is united as one, they will STRIKE!

As Manly fans it's all we know. If we actually had normality or free rides like other clubs, we would most likely think something is wrong lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11