Timing is crucial for Manly in deciding who to splash out on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
I agree with Scott Penn or as Kenny Sutcliffe calls him Sean Penn.

No one in the game has a clue yet what the size of the new media rights deal will be so bargaining on a significantly increased salary cap is crazy at this point in time. Clubs like Parramatta who have taken a gamble may well have egg on their faces next year.

No wonder the Board meetings are so tense. Sean Penn is a very intense guy.

If the $$ don't come as quickly as hoped, parra will have sandow, hoppa, hayne and will probably need to bring back players like hicksy, chris walker, waituira and Webb to make up the numbers. Oh wait they did that this year.

Shoe1 said:
If the $$ don't come as quickly as hoped, parra will have sandow, hoppa, hayne and will probably need to bring back players like hicksy, chris walker, waituira and Webb to make up the numbers. Oh wait they did that this year.

And some more mid-season retirements :D

why don't they offer to sign players on a % of the cap, so if the cap was $5mil & a player signs on for 10% then he gets $500,000. if the cap goes up the next year to $6 mil. he will be paid $600,000 for that year.

castle eagle said:
why don't they offer to sign players on a % of the cap, so if the cap was $5mil & a player signs on for 10% then he gets $500,000. if the cap goes up the next year to $6 mil. he will be paid $600,000 for that year.

They do, most of the highly paid players are on apportioned contracts.

As far as Channel 9 is concerned, if they lose the Rugby League their financial situation will get worse not better -

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
castle eagle said:

As far as Channel 9 is concerned, if they lose the Rugby League their financial situation will get worse not better -

I dont give a red hot **** about channel 9

The Eagle said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
castle eagle said:

I dont give a red hot s**t about channel 9
Channel 9 has been screwing rugby league for twenty years, ever since channel Ten went broke and Kerry Packers offer to The League was, "thats my offer, take it or leave it".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7