Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

This game has me sweating bullets! Very nervous
Yes I agree. Guess who will be getting the 50/50 this week. I will give you a hint, it wont be us lol. After Des,S Spray they will get looked after and they will bill this game up as Des V Manly and the haters in the media will be loving this and hoping that Des gets his first win against us

Paulo has been in the squad for most of our games so I assume he stays. Been steadily improving with each game so I think Talau unfortunately will miss to make way for Saab. On the forwards, I would start the Bulley who I thought had a great game last week against the big warriors pack. Great leg speed and good involvement. My bench would be Brown, Lodge, Lawton and (yes) Woodsie. Not a bad side. I would love to see either of Sykes or Diaz given a chance in place of Woods but not eligible at this stage.
Talau for mine. He’s outplayed Paolo & safe under the high balls! Tougher runs & can switch to Center if required.

So James or Matterson instead , with neither performing in Reggie’s !!

But all good
Good morning feathered friend , I hope you had a peaceful sleep and you wake up to a Happy day.

And it is always a happy day when two feathered friends agree on our forum and I agree with you that James and Matterson are not up to our Great Manly performing standards and neither is the slower and older Woods who should be holding a NRL fox microphone and not a NRL ball

Our Club needs to make better player choices and the choice of Woods in our NRL Impact Bench
Makes a mockery of the meaning Impact Bench and farce of who is responsible for not investing our clubs money more wisely
Woods is not a Wise NRL option

Have a great day and we will agree to disagree in harmony feathered friend :)

Last edited:
Thought Lodge would need a few weeks in ressies to get his fitness up before coming back into the NRL, but with Aloiai suspended and Sipley potentially out we might have to force him back early. Even without having played in nearly 9 months he is still a better option than Woods who I really hope isn't anywhere near the side next week.

Part of me is hoping Croker is out too as I think our attack has looked better with Lawton on, and gives us a chance to play Humphreys/GCKT at 14. What better time to do this than against the team at the bottom of the ladder

It's Lodge, not Schuster.

Bozo, you missed my meaning. when he retired and was still contributing. Despite the criticism Woods receives, he still does his job as a back up forward.
Good Morning Bearfax and thank you for your reply and I think you have missed my point as well

Woods receives criticism because he fails to live up to NRL standards criteria of the modern game
The Leisurely and Pedestrian Woods does a job on the field but not to NRL standards
We should have Invested in a better option
My point is ...The Better choices we make. The better results we will get

Choose Wisely through out the day and have a happy day feathered friend @Bearfax
1713220684601.png

Titans definitely can not be underestimated
Pretty much had the Raider "s measure apparently and they had been in recent good form from some indications
Just like the also recent Dragon 's match , really can not give the Titans an opportunity to lift with any major lapses in game approach and on field performance .
Titans may not have the better defensive capabilities of the Dragons but still some good individual players and again not a side to take lightly in any capacity .
Wonder if Parker may be considered on the bench if down a bit in forward troops .

Yes I agree. Guess who will be getting the 50/50 this week. I will give you a hint, it wont be us lol. After Des,S Spray they will get looked after and they will bill this game up as Des V Manly and the haters in the media will be loving this and hoping that Des gets his first win against us
Easy way to fix that, dont let it be a close game. Blow em off the park early and continue with it this time please Manly.

Titans definitely can not be underestimated
Pretty much had the Raider "s measure apparently and they had been in recent good form from some indications
Just like the also recent Dragon 's match , really can not give the Titans an opportunity to lift with any major lapses in game approach and on field performance .
Titans may not have the better defensive capabilities of the Dragons but still some good individual players and again not a side to take lightly in any capacity .
Wonder if Parker may be considered on the bench if down a bit in forward troops .
Although their defence against the raiders was outstanding - holding them out for endless multiple sets. Hopefully that has tired them out sufficiently to be less effective this weekend. Unfortunately we also had a tiring outing of our own that we'll need to recover from.

I think having a few out might not actually be a bad thing for us. We are coming off 2 massive games vs Prenith and the Wahs also road trips to NZ and now off to the Gold Coast.
We are bringing in 4 or 5 fresh players that haven’t been beaten up or traveled that will be full of energy.
Don’t actually mind the timing of these players being out just hope they’re not out too long.

Keeping the Tit's players up for another epic encounter with us is going to be extremely difficult. If we score a couple of early tries, think the floodgates will open wide, emotionally, they'll quickly let go of all thoughts of winning. It really is ours to lose.

I'd be happy having Parker on the bench instead of Woods. Waddle and Bully can fill in as props for short periods if needed.
Parker offers versatility. And he can tackle and run hard.

Would be interesting having Parker on the backrow bench. He's only had a hand full of games in the position and perhaps that's why he's being held back. But I think he needs to be considered in the not too distant future. Tall, strong, good defender and for a backrower has a bit of pace. I would support the proposal. Woods is a stopgap. Adequate but a prepared Parker would be a better bet in my opinion

Would be interesting having Parker on the backrow bench. He's only had a hand full of games in the position and perhaps that's why he's being held back. But I think he needs to be considered in the not too distant future. Tall, strong, good defender and for a backrower has a bit of pace. I would support the proposal. Woods is a stopgap. Adequate but a prepared Parker would be a better bet in my opinion
Parker had an excellent game last week against the Warriors NSW side. He is an experienced player and so should now be able to handle NRL as a 2nd row forward/lock. If necessary Waddell could easily handle front row if necessary.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8