Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

I think the back line is the right call. Talau earned his spot on the weekend.

Forwards - no surprise. I watched the game again on Sunday and I really don't think Woods was that bad. Would I rather have Sips and Aloaia? Absolutely. Would I even give a younger player a chance? Yeah, maybe. But Seibs obviously thinks all he needs is an experienced plodder to fill a a gap. Again, he wasn't as bad as some suggest (in my viewing) but I'd still rather have someone with a bit more ooooomph. Let's hope he can fire up with some Brownie influence.

Parker had an excellent game last week against the Warriors NSW side. He is an experienced player and so should now be able to handle NRL as a 2nd row forward/lock. If necessary Waddell could easily handle front row if necessary.
I can't see Parker making 1st grade unless we have a stack of injuries, I watched the game last week and he certainly wasn't any better than the rest of the pack, made a few straight runs, never looked like breaking the line and got taken high as usual, he didn't go looking for work and may as well had No 3 or 4 on his back

Out of interest, why wouldn’t we ?
I just find it funny , we as “ punters “ have no idea of what happens inside the system yet continue to dump on a particular player , who in my opinion didn’t do anything wrong for his very brief time on the field last weekend.

The football staff we have aren’t dumb , they are a well oiled machine , so I’ll just accept that what they choose to do is the right choice for the team.

OMG! Home from work, just trying to keep the dream alive and saw Sharon is named in this week's team, AGAIN! Honestly comes on for the last 10 - 15 minutes of the game and does nothing. Anyone know the last time he scored a try? He isn't even in the NRL players profiles.

1713249108837.png

There's always hope that one day we might have a full squad to pick from. Add Aloiai, Sipley, Ben T, a 2021 Schuster to that squad.

I can't see Parker making 1st grade unless we have a stack of injuries, I watched the game last week and he certainly wasn't any better than the rest of the pack, made a few straight runs, never looked like breaking the line and got taken high as usual, he didn't go looking for work and may as well had No 3 or 4 on his back
Yep agreed, he was unimpressive in B.W, I think he's waiting to be tapped on the shoulder by a super league club.
He didn't manage to last the whole reserve grade game.

For me the players on the rise atm are... Humpreys, Lehi Hopoate, Clayton Faulalo, and Watson Heleta.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8