Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Plenty of talk he is out but feel there is a bit of a smokescreen here.
Every chance given till Friday to prove fitness but with a hamstring, can be no better than 70% which will minimise his best assets - his running & kicking game.
Will he play??

I think and hope that they will play him, Manly will eat him up and Fifi and Lewis, all with serious injuries. Gals not far behind in playing on with that calf injury.:cool:

Manly has to play smart and use the kicks to save on tackling for 100 meters. Manly won the brawn battle last game, now lets win the mental, tactical one.:idea:

Agree, hope they play him, Foran and DCE will have a laugh, and then when they replace him, they can play hot potato with the sharkies...

manlyfan76 said:
It would be terrible if was selected and then hurt it in the warm up :)

No, then they would still have 17.

Lets stick the pin into the Voodoo Doll as the Sharks kick off :p

Sending lots of protective energies to the Manly Team :angel::angel::heart::angel::angel:

I just wondered how the sharkies can afford $800 per shot treatments for carney this week. I thought they were getting funding from the nrl because they couldn't pay bills as well as having to set up dodgy accounts to self fund their gym, are they broke or not.

I dont think he will play. With a dud hammy he will be a liability to them, in both attack and defence. And if he makes it even worse then his team are 1 interchange player down. Wade Graham or Lewis to cover 5/8

manlyfan76 said:
I think that happened to us once with Steven Bell. He ended up running on but only lasted about a minute.

Interesting the difference in how the two clubs are handling a similar situation

Snake named and will undergo a fitness - nothing more to add
Carney not named, will be a circus all week - a nice distraction

We will flog the Sharks with or without Carney . Our focus this week will be on rising to another level.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyfan76 said:
I think that happened to us once with Steven Bell. He ended up running on but only lasted about a minute.

2008 v the Dragons at Brookie, 1st semi. Beaver came on and replaced him, and scored the 1st try in his last ever game at home.

Like us with Snake, I think the Sharks will give Carney until Friday to prove his fitness. IMO without him the Sharks are next to no chance.

In all honesty I'd rather him be out there and fit, that way when we win we won't cop any "We didn't have Carney" excuses from the Shire.....though I won't be upset if someone like Luke Lewis plays 5/8 for the Sharks instead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8