Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Manly Sea Eagles
2010 > Rookie Half Trent Hodkinson > Finished 8th
2011 > Rookie Half DCE > Finished Premiers
I have no problem with either Croker or Hastings starting sat 5/8...........

I agree about starting the young guys but it is a long season and when I go on a long road trip I take a couple of litres of extra motor oil......
Yeah I have no problem with us signing an experienced half as insurance. None whatsoever... but like Hodko in 2010, and even more so DCE and Foz in 2011, there is way more upside to playing a talented, hungry young half than there is a player who is undoubtedly on the decline. Particularly as they will be playing in a side with one of the very best halves in the world, capable of making the big plays. However good Hodko and Carney once were, they are not the same players that demanded huge salaries when they were in their prime. And age combined with injuries suggests they are not going to somehow replicate what they once did. As we all know by the article on Croker, Baz wants the new half to play a simple role. Do Croker and Hastings have the attributes to deliver? I believe they do. They also have the potential to excel and offer more in attack than Blake Green ever did.

Both Experienced and proven Hodko and Carney have been chosen in representative games where they had one to two weeks to adjust to fitting in with new team members and it wont be new to them . Nothing is new to big match representative experienced players . They have been there and done it all.
Interesting how we all see things differently . This forum gives us all the opportunity to spill our guts
Neither Carney or Hodko would get anywhere near a current representative side today. I dare say their names would not even be discussed. Both good players in their day though. You’re a man who loves speed, strength and athleticism @BOZO, you’ll get none of that with Hodko, a bit more with Carney. Happy to be proven wrong, but I’m very excited at the prospect of a young, talented, quick half having a crack next season.

Yeah I have no problem with us signing an experienced half as insurance. None whatsoever... but like Hodko in 2010, and even more so DCE and Foz in 2011, there is way more upside to playing a talented, hungry young half than there is a player who is undoubtedly on the decline. Particularly as they will be playing in a side with one of the very best halves in the world, capable of making the big plays. However good Hodko and Carney once were, they are not the same players that demanded huge salaries when they were in their prime. And age combined with injuries suggests they are not going to somehow replicate what they once did. As we all know by the article on Croker, Baz wants the new half to play a simple role. Do Croker and Hastings have the attributes to deliver? I believe they do. They also have the potential to excel and offer more in attack than Blake Green ever did.
I agree completely,I would start Hastings,but I would like to have a veteran there to back up if needed,if we have room under the cap then why not make the squad as strong as possible?

Manly Sea Eagles
2010 > Rookie Half Trent Hodkinson > Finished 8th
2011 > Rookie Half DCE > Finished Premiers
I have no problem with either Croker or Hastings starting sat 5/8...........
If Crocker and Hasting don't perform like the Hodko of 2010 and like DCE of 2011 and we don't have an experienced back up we wont be > finishing anywhere with out a full complementary spine

Neither Carney or Hodko would get anywhere near a current representative side today. I dare say their names would not even be discussed. Both good players in their day though. You’re a man who loves speed, strength and athleticism @BOZO, you’ll get none of that with Hodko, a bit more with Carney. Happy to be proven wrong, but I’m very excited at the prospect of a young, talented, quick half having a crack next season.
Speed does kill , not only does speed come from the legs but it also comes between the ears
The experienced NSW series winning halfback as an organizer has more speed between the ears than both Croker and Hasting put together . Hodko is very cool under pressure as well and this is huge in big games because in big games you need big experienced plays .

I agree completely,I would start Hastings,but I would like to have a veteran there to back up if needed,if we have room under the cap then why not make the squad as strong as possible?
Where there is smoke there is fire and you are on fire with your post again Smokin Joe
The moral of the story for our feathered friends is .....
FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL

Speed does kill , not only does speed come from the legs but it also comes between the ears
The experienced NSW series winning halfback as an organizer has more speed between the ears than both Croker and Hasting put together . Hodko is very cool under pressure as well and this is huge in big games because in big games you need big experienced plays .
I don’t see how you can claim that Hastings and Croker are inept in their decision making or lack sharpness between the ears. They are undeniably in possession of huge potential. As I have said, if we get Hodko as insurance, I’m happy with that. The best halves win premierships, they always have, and neither Carney or Hodkinson have one of those. Good for back up and a finals spot, but IMO if we want another trophy we need something more than Hodko can offer.

WHERE TO FOR MANLY, CARNEY?

Trent Hodkinson is off the market and Manly is no closer to signing a halves partner for Daly Cherry-Evans.

So does this open the door for Todd Carney to land an NRL lifeline?

With the salary cap drama still hanging over their heads, they’ll likely need a cheap option to fill the roster vacancy left by Blake Green and that’s where the former Dally M medallist could come in - potentially on NRL minimum wage.

dbe27196e084e67f1fbac048aa1a500d

New Pride recruit Todd Carney.Source: News Corp Australia
When contacted by Market Watch, Carney joked: “I’d walk to Manly if it meant getting a start in the NRL.”

Contracted to Queensland Cup side the Northern Pride on a deal reportedly worth $100,000, Carney could fit under the salary cap at a bottom-dollar deal worth $85,000 if an NRL offer came his way.

DCE / Carney would carve up! I don't care about Carney's history of misdemeanors!! He's an angel compared to what some players in the NRL have done!!!

Northern pride should start trial games quite soon so may get some indication how Carney is travelling footy wise at present . Would think that he still has something to offer at N R L level all things being normal . Train and trial with Manly in the short term also with some current contract flexibility with the Pride , why not .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10