Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
eggson said:
According to Gallop, Carney is a unique case.
So an indefinite suspension... we'll hear very soon that there's been a significant improvement and straight back on the field
Gallop and the rorters are just gutless,he,ll be a hero again soon,you watch

Back training with the NRL squad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-star-todd-carney-to-return-to-training-today/story-e6frexnr-1226050816955

No doubt he will be back playing next weekend. That should really teach him a lesson. Maybe I'm being to cynical, and the 2 weeks off has really cured his alcoholism. Roosters and NRL attitude stinks on this whole saga, Carney has to have photos of Politis AND Gallop with the goat.

Teflon Todd has a nicer ring to it. All good news, guarantees the rooster will go no where fast as we keep hearing TT is causing all sorts of rifts in the club. The roosters obviously do not care one bit about his welfare just want him back playing No doubt he will fall off the wagon again in no time, he doesn't see he has done anything wrong and has suffered no penalty/punishment. Total joke, roosters & nrl.

Well, when their season was going down the toilet they were always going to rush him back. What I can't understand is how a guy like Watts can attract and keep a babe like Shannon Kiss.

You don't cure "depression" in 2 weeks. So I'd suggest he never had it in the first place, just bunny hopping on a serious mental condition to obtain sympathy votes.

Coming back this early just ensures that he will fall off the wagon again soon and next time it will be the end of him (unless Politis tickles gallops tummy again)

I still don't class him as an alcoholic. A 20 something kid, yeah...but that's about it. A country kid, who got stardom too soon (like that bloke from AFL)

We beat them with Teflon so let him play and lets hope the Cap Roarters keep Smith for a few more years.

just cant see the issue here people. He was drunk but not disorderly. This deal is between carney and the club,He only let himself and his employer down, they set there own standards and while it may well come back to bite them what they do is up to them

If the chooks want him to play why do we care, they are the people responsible for the culture at there club,

I find the whole animosity toward Carney mind boggling at times. While the double standards are evident at times and that is more about Gallop than carney anyway, other times its just not relevent

What next, Todd Carney should be rubbed out as someone saw him buy a bottle of wine for a secret santa present...............disgraceful

Each of you answer this what if. You approach your current employer and ask for time off with pay to visit your mum. Instead of visiting your mum you get on the piss. That same employer finds out what you have done, do you expect to keep your job?

I don't sign a code of conduct and I'm not paid 6 figure sums to endorse products to impressional children, so I'm not employed under the same conditions as Inadvertant Todd.

I don't think Carney should be publicly flogged, my issue is more with Double Standard Gallop and the NRL preferential treatment of poor misunderstood Todd. It's pathetic.

Couldn't care less to be honest. I worry about some people here because they can get so angry over things which don't really effect you and it could have a detrimental effect on your life expentancy!!! ;)

Chip and Chase said:
Back training with the NRL squad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-star-todd-carney-to-return-to-training-today/story-e6frexnr-1226050816955

No doubt he will be back playing next weekend. That should really teach him a lesson. Maybe I'm being to cynical, and the 2 weeks off has really cured his alcoholism. Roosters and NRL attitude stinks on this whole saga, Carney has to have photos of Politis AND Gallop with the goat.

It may be a photo of Gallop and Politis together.......

Masked Eagle said:
Couldn't care less to be honest. I worry about some people here because they can get so angry over things which don't really effect you and it could have a detrimental effect on your life expentancy!!! ;)

The #1 way (just ahead of anger) to decrease your life expectancy is to worry too much.

Ryan said:
I still don't class him as an alcoholic. A 20 something kid, yeah...but that's about it. A country kid, who got stardom too soon (like that bloke from AFL)

just cant see the issue here people. He was drunk but not disorderly. This deal is between carney and the club,He only let himself and his employer down, they set there own standards and while it may well come back to bite them what they do is up to them

If the chooks want him to play why do we care, they are the people responsible for the culture at there club,

I find the whole animosity toward Carney mind boggling at times. While the double standards are evident at times and that is more about Gallop than carney anyway, other times its just not relevent

What next, Todd Carney should be rubbed out as someone saw him buy a bottle of wine for a secret santa present...............disgraceful
Posted by manlyfan76 - Friday, May 6th, 2011 06:15 PM

correct both of you.. both recieved a like .. :cool:

i cant believe it if he was one of ours we would blame the media..
thats what it is media prick`n it out on him ..

i noticed benji`s case as been kept quiet..
fancy trying to potray a muslim dude as racist.. i dont know how benji`s sleazed out of his assault..

no im not muslim incase you wanted to know.. i just know what happend heard it from the macca`s manager & the victim..

Hello All.
By now you would have heard that the DPP won their appeal against the lenient sentence handed down to Carney by Waverly Court for drink driving. Here is how it went, for anyone interested;
Carney appeared in court with three mates, one being his solicitor (Unlike Brett who was surrounded by supporters and players). The DPP barrister outlined the history of this matter, that being of the original sentence imposed by the Magistrate at Waverley of 6 mths suspended prison and 10 months suspension of license.
Strangely later that same day in chambers, she varied the judgement to that of a 10E Bond only. There appeared to be no record of why she made this decision.
This provided the DPP with the grounds of appeal, namely that
1. The Prosecution were not notified of this change
2. The sentence was inadequate given Carney's driving and criminal history.
While Carney sat in court all suited up, some other poor unfortunate sat in the dock in a tee-shirt waiting for his case to be heard. The Judge had an adjournment to read over the original brief and other court documents.
I caught the lift down to the ground floor with Carney and his mates and they sniggered and laughed, appearing in good spirits.
On the return to court, the DPP person outlined the original case stating that Carney had been given the benefit of two prior 10E judgements, and stated his traffic offence record was 'appalling'. Amongst other offences he has two mid-range drink driving offences and an offensive behaviour and malicious damage offence registered, as well as having had imposed a curfew by the Goulburn District Court due to his drinking.
She called for the judge to set a conviction, disqualification and a bond.
Carney was called by his beak to give evidence.
He stated he'd been fined 10 grand by the roosters, was attending a drink driving program, salvation army lifestyle program, sport fitness program, and seeing a counsellor on a regular basis.
Although he described his traffic record as "very dissappointing", he said all the programs were "going good". His brief then talked about the death of his father and other issues that impacted on this unfortunate life,as well as co-operating with the cops and doing good deeds in the community..
The Judge found that the Waverley Magistrates initial sentence of 6mths suspended sentence of a 10 E was unsound. The drink driving was 0.052.
He then imposed an additional 1000 dollar fine, 12 months disqualification to begin today, and a two year bond with the usual conditions.
Todd and his mates slunk out of court. Justice done, although I'd have liked to see this serial offender locked up, or at least attending a trauma ward at a hospital.
No sight of Gallop.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8