Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Now that it is confirmed Carney was on the drink it will be interesting to see how the Roosters twist and contort out of this conundrum. They will of course.

You'd think the Roosters would be on top of this incident so a report to Gallop sometime today, plus Gallop's response. I'm not saying any sackings or whatnot, though it's almost a given with Watts, but at least an official report.
But it seems for the Roosters there's always a way out, nothing a good ol meeting can't fix.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
And the Gallop response

Probably an apology. Poor Toddy is the victim here.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-nrl-have-failed-todd-carney/story-e6frfgh6-1226040599728

Interesting that Toddy was given the weekend off by the club to go down to Goulburn to visit his mum. Maybe the visit was a quick one, before zipping back to get on the grog. I thought his mum told the court she was moving up here to look after him.
Methinks the rorters players are to close to the ibrahims. Not such a good look.

Looking forward to Double Standard David trying to find an excuse for his poster boy this time around.

Nthn NSW said:
Did Robert Lui get stood down last year by the Tigers when he knocked his pregnant wife/GF around????

Pretty sure that happened in the off season.

The Roosters will not sack Carney for having a beer.

Did he do anything wrong this time other than have a few drinks?

Until he pisses on someones shop front or gets booked for 160 in an 80 or throws coins at his GF or assaults a sponsor at a launch party again, ill consider it nothing more than social drinks.

I consider it an improvement that he was able to go out and have a few and not cause a headline.

I for one am sad by the fact that he appears to have gotten himself into trouble again

Yes he is a grub however I wish he was able to get his life in order. It was a great news story last year…pity he could not continue

fLIP said:

Until he pisses on someones shop front or gets booked for 160 in an 80 or throws coins at his GF or assaults a sponsor at a launch party again, ill consider it nothing more than social drinks.

I consider it an improvement that he was able to go out and have a few and not cause a headline.

Wow - David Gallop is posting here! Welcome to Silvertails Dave. I should warn you that you are not the most popular person on here.

ps. You forgot to add catching a cab home and being a diabetic to your list of punishable offences. Not sure why you just singled out Choc.

During the last Carney incident, didn't they work out something like a 5 point plan for him? It was during the threeway of him, Roosters and Gallop

why is it so hard to work out that some people are simply bad eggs.give him six months inside.at least that way he can make an informed choice regarding his future.

I think carney is should be fined heavily but not sacked.

Theres nothing illegal in drinking however when he has made a commitment not to drink i think he should be punished for that.

MadMarcus said:
fLIP said:

Wow - David Gallop is posting here! Welcome to Silvertails Dave. I should warn you that you are not the most popular person on here.

ps. You forgot to add catching a cab home and being a diabetic to your list of punishable offences. Not sure why you just singled out Choc.
Gallop likes Carney. He'll probably buy him a drink.

lsz said:
I for one am sad by the fact that he appears to have gotten himself into trouble again

Yes he is a grub however I wish he was able to get his life in order. It was a great news story last year…pity he could not continue

Honestly, I am starting to feel the whole thing was a myth, not that he behaved at all last year, just the club were able to keep his indiscretions undercover. This year he has screwed up so many times, it leads me to really doubt that he was clean at all last year.

Truth is we likely gave the Dally-M to an alcoholic, with severe behavior issues. And we got fooled into it by the media, and the Roosters who wanted to paint him as not only working to reform himself which is fine but as a role model and a hero.

Daniel said:
Moondog said:
Anybody know how they got from one pub to the other?

they moonwalked

I spent a night locked up in a police station for moonwalking once. The police were talking to my drunk mate so i stopped to listen and the cop told me to keep walking. So I started moon walking laps around them until they finished talking to my mate. When they said "you can go now" to my mate, we started to walk away and they said to me" not you" . They put me in the back of the car and locked me up until about 7am.

eggson said:
During the last Carney incident, didn't they work out something like a 5 point plan for him? It was during the threeway of him, Roosters and Gallop
He made an inadvertent mistake. He thought they said a '5 pint plan'. Could happen to anyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11