Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
slickster71 said:
I for one glad carney is playing around in the NRL. I still beleive he did nothing wrong this year except go out to the cross with a few rooster mates and caught a cab home at 2am. Not sure what was wrong with that. Better than running away from the police, getting into fights at a pub which happened at canberra and caught drink driving 1st yr at the roosters. The worse part is that roosters sacked him over non issue when an issue like drink driving arose and they never did anything about it.

You raise a very good point. I'm as happy to take the piss out of Carney as the next guy (lets face it, there is plenty of piss to take), but Carney's offences at the Roosters were not that bad if you look at them in isolation. They were only bad because they were committed in the context of his past with the Raiders.

The Roosters made the right decision to let him go, but he has come a long way from his Raiders days and if he continues to grow up over the next few years I would not be surprised if the Sharks never have any problems with his behaviour.

A successful club like ours does not need to take risks like Carney, but for the Sharks I think the signing makes sense. His reported salary does seem a little high though in the circumstances.

I think the biggest issue in league is the double standards that exist in the sponsorship. Its ok to bow down to sponsors demands all because of the mighty dollar etc... But my biggest gripe is the acholol sponsors in league i laugh when i remember the story a few years ago with the VB kangaroos whe the players we given a few hundred dollars of VB money to spend and kitey said it was pretty useless to him as he doesnt drink. I think that was in 2009 after the brett stewart dramas... I would be pretty devastated in brent kite left the club as he reallly is someone the kids all look up to. Ban the acholol sponsors and then you have the right to tell players to settle down on the drink in my eyes.

Carney's mother has put her foot down and everything will be fine now... the story was in my local paper, time will tell.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/news/national/national/sport/mother-carneys-warning-to-son/2337598.aspx

Only a trial & all but expect this guy to have a great season - seems to have his mind on the job again. Manly had plenty out but the Sharks best fowards Gallen & Fifita were also absent - they have have top 8 potential in 2012.
In saying that Manly obviously have eyes & minds purely on the WCC & trials never have or will be a guide to the season ahead apart from testing new players & getting the cobwebs out.

Carney killed us... Im sure Flanagan had some of Russia's finest in his water bottle. A little concerned about how our younger lads performed, trying to impress after a GF and upcoming WCC.. I was expecting a little more. From what I saw it was a tad flimsy. Im sure the group as a whole will get some Mongrel and fire up with a little more time together. Back to Carney I honestly hope he gets **** together but Im worried about happy hour at Northies.

CRONULLA captain Paul Gallen is so impressed with the form of Todd Carney in the Sharks' NRL revival this season that he wants to line up alongside the star five-eighth in a NSW jersey.

The NSW No.6 jumper is one of the most hotly-contested spots in Ricky Stuart's squad, with Carney battling Canberra's Terry Campese, Newcastle's Jarrod Mullen, Warrior James Maloney and the incumbent, St George Illawarra's Jamie Soward, for the position.

Read the full article

No Pearce, please. I like Campese as a player, if he can stay in one piece. Carney might complement him.

However I don't think Carney & Maloney would work, they are both better as runners rather than organisers.

If NSW pick Pearce again. i am not sure i could watch origin.

I like your Campo and Carney combo SER8

Thanks. The thing about both these guys is they seem very natural, talented and proactive football players. On the other hand Pearce is merely solid, and Soward has some skills, but neither of them impress me as players who are going to take a really big game by the scruff of the neck and lead their team to victory.
Could be wrong of course, just my impressions!

I support NSW but i don't think it will matter who we pick, QLD will win this year once again. :(

when sober enough for long enough Carney is good enough, when injury free for long enough Campo is good enough.

Question is can they play together?

We have seen Carney improve since having an organiser at half for the guppies, can campo do enough of that?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10