Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
I think the RLW are re-hashing articles like the tele do.

I remember reading most of that a couple of weeks ago when his name first came up. They added in the bit about Elgey staying with the Titans.

It seems he may be our only hope of an experienced, good half if Cherry is going.

I tell you all if Manly sign Carney, Dad will come out of his grave and give the person responsible a new arsehole.

I remember he made it clear to some on here a long time ago to avoid this guy like the plague when there were furphies of him coming to Manly after been sacked by one of the other clubs. He had good inside knowledge on Carney and Toddles sacking by three other clubs proved him right.

Leopards do not change their spots and this leopard should never be allowed to morph into a Sea Eagle.

Crikey, you gave me a shock when I saw your post! (the avatar esp)

Hope all is well and hopefully you are now back home safe n sound!

I'm really excited at the prospect of Carney playing for our club! I think he has proven that when given the right coaching off the field he can produce magic on the field. I think his long kicking game will easily fill the gap left by dce (if he does leave) and he has alot to offer for opportunities in the opposition 20! he will give our halves a bit of speed which i think is the only thing our current halves lack. The prencence of legends such as toovs, beaver & bozo around the club will help hopefully help he see how a true superstar should act off the park!

I can't see how the nrl could block him they have people playing just out of prison for drug dealing ,people found guilty of indecent assault and others done for domestic violence. Carney for all his stupidity has never as far as I know been involved in that sort of stuff. Whether he is a good fit I'm not sure but not many options left.
Not too sure if the people in or from Goulburn, Toddles home town, would agree with you there Mavin,

Crikey, you gave me a shock when I saw your post! (the avatar esp)

Hope all is well and hopefully you are now back home safe n sound!

Apologies mate, should have said hello but I was overcome when I read that Toddles could be linked with us...again. Get in touch with zorba, he played his park footy in Goulburn and knows everything, he could save Manly lol.
Yes home for good now...never again! Might be a regular here now and its time for a new avatar but I think I will keep the name, it brings some class to the joint.

Not too sure if the people in or from Goulburn, Toddles home town, would agree with you there Mavin,

I'm not saying we should sign him I'm just looking for options at the moment we are going 2 be going into next season with reserve graders pretending 2 be first graders as our half and 5/8.

That's a far cry from what we were promised this is Joe's quote before we lost both halves "Rest assured if players do leave they will be replaced by world class players."

If DCE leaves, only player I really want to replace him. Know one else out there comes close to carney's skill and game breaking ability. I don't give toss he's had a few issues, all i care about is manly winning games. Watching origin, I hated Myles with a passion, but next year if he does a good job and helps us win games I will be supporting him. If Carney comes and delivers on the field that's all i care about. There has been calls to bring up the youth...what youth? Taylor is talented, but not ready to steer Manly around the park next year, cornish will go ok next to an established half. Trent and Sandow are average, Maloney is set to sign with Rorters. I would be happy for Carney to be playing 5/8 next year.

Carney does not have those skills that he briefly showed at the Rorters anymore.:cool:

His hammy is worse than Forans - so no long kicking game.

The ESL lack of defense makes him look like a line breaking half - he won't have that back in the NRL.@:cool:

Carney and Sandow - WTF:confused:

The only half that is exciting ATM is Morgan from the Cows.:clap:

Carney does not have those skills that he briefly showed at the Rorters anymore.:cool:

The ESL lack of defense makes him look like a line breaking half - he won't have that back in the NRL.@:cool:

Been kicking plenty of 40-20s before he had his rips snapped by a late tackle and still has great pace when in the clear.

Let's have credible alternatives Morgan is going nowhere

Pretty sure they tr
This is the crux of the problem: Carney's not the future of Manly. He's not the future of any NRL team. We'd be better off saving the money and developing a young half.

Tried to do with Elgey and Taylor. Rumours interested in cornish? I would like Manly to have Carney and a young half like taylor or cornish. Not two young inexperienced halfs next year, and not a stop gap measure like Lyon or Mateo at 5/8

Save the money and sign or blood some youngsters. If we have a few lean years so what? We've been spoilt by success for the last decade and fans aren't used to going through rough patches.

I say hang back and wait and not waste money on a croc, be very selective and don't sign anyone just for the hell of it. We could go after Maloney at a decent price and partner him with someone like Cornish.

Pretty sure they tr

Tried to do with Elgey and Taylor. Rumours interested in cornish? I would like Manly to have Carney and a young half like taylor or cornish. Not two young inexperienced halfs next year, and not a stop gap measure like Lyon or Mateo at 5/8

Have a look at the story on zero tackle re Cornish, he is in limbo due to the DCE circus, Manly could very well miss out on him as well. I have heard there is interest in the Cowboys under 20s number 7... Lachlan Croker from the Raiders would be a good option... interesting days ahead.[/QUOTE]

Save the money and sign or blood some youngsters. If we have a few lean years so what? We've been spoilt by success for the last decade and fans aren't used to going through rough patches.
Agree 100% Carney is as injured as Foz is.

We have up and coming youngsters in Tom Turbo, Gutherson, Hiku not to mention the blokes in the 20's busting a gut to have a crack. Surely one of them can play in the halves? Some youthful enthusiasm never hurt anyone.

We didn't seem to fair to bad last time we had two inexperienced halves. I guess the difference is we don't have a core group of players in there prime any more. I think it may be best to have someone with experience and a young bloke, as long as we don't have to pay overs.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8