Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Are the NRL hinting at something:

New NRL roster system will prevent Farah-style Tigers exile
Coaches will no longer be able to exile big-name players in a bid to encourage them to leave under changes to the NRL roster system requiring each club to finalise a 29-man squad by March 1.

The changes also make it more difficult for Todd Carney or Dave Taylor to return to the NRL this season, although clubs do not have to add the 30th and final player to their roster until June 30 and some plan to leave a spot for a mid-season signing.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26...revent-robbie-farah-style-wests-tigers-exile/

Are the NRL hinting at something:

New NRL roster system will prevent Farah-style Tigers exile
Coaches will no longer be able to exile big-name players in a bid to encourage them to leave under changes to the NRL roster system requiring each club to finalise a 29-man squad by March 1.

The changes also make it more difficult for Todd Carney or Dave Taylor to return to the NRL this season, although clubs do not have to add the 30th and final player to their roster until June 30 and some plan to leave a spot for a mid-season signing.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26...revent-robbie-farah-style-wests-tigers-exile/

The same article mentioned Manly will announce their 29 players by Thursday

Hey guys what does Yart-tastic mean? Is that good or a bad thing?

yet another ryan team

YART:

YART stands for "Yet Another Ryan Team" this is probably the first and most well known meme of the site. A poster of the site, known as Ryan throughout the early days of the site, and in fact still today enjoys coming up with various combination's for different team lineups for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea eagles.

These teams are at time controversial, other times they are quite normal and yet others they are just outlandish.
YART's are no longer restricted to Ryan and these days many posters choose to put their idea for a team line-up under the title of a YART.
One of the more famed YART's was with the selection of Adam Cuthbertson, prop/backrower on the wing

https://silvertails.net/pages/silvertails-memes/

:)

yet another ryan team

YART:

YART stands for "Yet Another Ryan Team" this is probably the first and most well known meme of the site. A poster of the site, known as Ryan throughout the early days of the site, and in fact still today enjoys coming up with various combination's for different team lineups for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea eagles.

These teams are at time controversial, other times they are quite normal and yet others they are just outlandish.
YART's are no longer restricted to Ryan and these days many posters choose to put their idea for a team line-up under the title of a YART.
One of the more famed YART's was with the selection of Adam Cuthbertson, prop/backrower on the wing

https://silvertails.net/pages/silvertails-memes/

:)

I thought it may have been a Silvertails version of your full of s$#t? Which I am, but that's ok.

Carney will be here for 2 years guys - not one (risky imo). That's how long the contract is. I should probably keep my trap shut, but yeah.

Subject to NRL approval.

That's probably why the Medical Reports and kicking practice, don't need or want a player that's going to break down!

Ryan, I heard similar as well. Issue I have is what if NRL won't meet with our legal team before Thursday? How do we announce the signing?

One of my player manager mates reckons that Manly are trying to source a big, mobile front rower for our 30th spot. The only large one I know available and I hope I am very wrong was Dave Taylor? I wonder if we will be looking at ESL?

Big yes, but mobile?? Maybe the house he lives in but his nickname is the Coal Train, not much mobility in a train.

One of my player manager mates reckons that Manly are trying to source a big, mobile front rower for our 30th spot. The only large one I know available and I hope I am very wrong was Dave Taylor? I wonder if we will be looking at ESL?

Also heard that Manly had someone watch Carney goal kicking over a 2 day period, around 250 shots to check out how consistent he is. It evidently rained cats and dogs but even in the rain he went pretty good with a better than Matt Wright conversion percentage. They evidently asked for medical reports?
Tolman would look good in our pack, also on the outer with the dogs and their cap issues.

Definitely expresses approval, but is also a fairly versatile comment.
I sometimes use it when none of the others seem applicable.
It is a distinctively Silvertails rating.

I have been given 44 'yart' ratings and have never listed a team!

If it was 2008 I'd so make a hitler/downfall clip about it.

Nah, I wouldn't.

this is not a Team list!

That's probably why the Medical Reports and kicking practice, don't need or want a player that's going to break down!

Ryan, I heard similar as well. Issue I have is what if NRL won't meet with our legal team before Thursday? How do we announce the signing?

I’d suggest it’s signed, sealed but just not delivered ( the final part is the NRL approval).

I’d suggest NRL announce Manly’s all good to go about 10am Thursday , and there will be a press conference called at say 3pm the same day by the Eagles to announce a new signing.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8