Tom T Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought it was interesting Baz mentioned Walker had played Fb. He's also been learning ball skills this year so could do ok there

Let's be positive.

A lot of injuries are not luck like many people think...Tom is 19 years old and still growing into his body...at this stage of his career, he is extremely susceptible to these ankle and knee injuries of which we have already seen 3 or 4.
Agree. I hold my breath often when he is in action. Last year he looked like a very fragile colt, whereas this year he looks like a colt who may well grow into the biggest bloody horse we've ever seen! Yet still looks very breakable. There is no solution. Too talented to not be playing yet still physically very vulnerable.

I don't know about anyone else but I noticed something yesterday.

After moving to fullback in the second half, Tom looked more comfortable there than he has done before in his first grade career. Instead of trying too hard like I feel he did in the opening two rounds, he just seemed to be enjoying it, at least until he got injured.

Realistically, the only thing that Tom is lacking at the back is the communication we're so used to from Snake, and of course the experience. The experience takes time obviously, but the communication will come with more confidence and until he got injured you could see his confidence rising.

It bodes well for the future. Swapping like he does with Snake during games is definitely helping his progress. If only he didn't have legs that look like matches with the wood shaved off.....I don't think any of us want to spend the next decade cringing every time he goes into a tackle like we do with Snake these days.

^ Agree, Holden. But I did see Tommy barking at the defence after he scored, which was another sign of his growing confidence. Would have loved to see him at fullback against the Cows.

^ Agree, Holden. But I did see Tommy barking at the defence after he scored, which was another sign of his growing confidence. Would have loved to see him at fullback against the Cows.

Yeah, just when he starts growing in the role and we are going to need him most with Snake out for a week or two or more.....

when he runs Tom reminds me of the former donkies lanky fb Paul Hauff ... not in a bad way

Lets just hope that Tommy's career is a lot longer and more successful than Hauff's was (though Hauff did play 1 test and 3 Origins, but missed out on their early 90's premierships through injury).

Hauff was 197 cm (6'6") and 101 kg. Tommy is currently 194 cm (6'4") and 102 kg.

Tommy is easily the faster of the two, though Hauff had deceptive pace because of his long stride.

I thought Turbo was being overly and unfairly targeted during the game. How dare he be young, fast and talented! And look what's happened :banghead:

I thought Turbo was being overly and unfairly targeted during the game. How dare he be young, fast and talented! And look what's happened :banghead:

Maybe he needs to be faster!!!!

stock-illustration-15300620-cartoon-light-bulb.jpg

cough

How many hit ups did he do coming off his own line . I cringed every time he took the ball up , thinking he is using his frame as a battering ram . Dont get me wrong i think our forwards are doing a fair job at the moment but i dont see why a fullback should be doing the hard yards off our line . Probably because jorge is out , i dont know.

How many hit ups did he do coming off his own line . I cringed every time he took the ball up , thinking he is using his frame as a battering ram . Dont get me wrong i think our forwards are doing a fair job at the moment but i dont see why a fullback should be doing the hard yards off our line . Probably because jorge is out , i dont know.
That's the role of the wingers these days. Both of them need to take the ball back on early tackles when the team is deep in their own half. It's what all the teams do and gives the forwards a breather.

I agree Tom's frame does not lend itself to hitting the ball up like this but that's what he needs to do. He can't just hang out on the wing waiting for the ball to come to him.

9News also reporting 6 weeks for Turbo. He has left the ground before with that ankle strain :(

Wright and Wiliame are fine for the wing spots.:)

Snake came off as a precaution, so we maybe right at full back @:worried:

Injuries, the great leveler @:mad:

Lets just hope that Tommy's career is a lot longer and more successful than Hauff's was (though Hauff did play 1 test and 3 Origins, but missed out on their early 90's premierships through injury).

Hauff was 197 cm (6'6") and 101 kg. Tommy is currently 194 cm (6'4") and 102 kg.

Tommy is easily the faster of the two, though Hauff had deceptive pace because of his long stride.
Barrett mentioned he was closer to 108kgs this year. He is going to be a big boy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7