Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously... but Tom's performances suggest that he could make a real go at 5/8.

People were calling for it before we recruited Walker.
I do wonder if Tommy has been doing a bit of training at 5/8, his play at the 9s was very 5/8ish (but I guess a fullbacks role these days is almost like a 5/8) as he was directing play, doing deft kicks and just looked comfortable in that role.

I don't think he'll play there but if injuries or origin hit he may line up there for the odd game.

Yeah I don't want to pressure the young bloke or get ahead of his development or anything. But really, if he hasn't written his acceptance speech for the ninth nrl immortal award, by the time he gets off the plane from NZ, well......... someone should just do it for him.

Hope he doesn't lose any speed.
Oh don't worry, he hasn't lost any speed sure is one of the fastest players in the NRL up there with James Roberts but has one thing fast players like Milford, RTS ect. don't have which is probaly the best acceleration of any players the way he sped through the tiniest of gaps and the way scooped a lose ball and if u blinked he was gone! But the 2 things that impressed me the most was his ball playing skills and kicking game. With his passing game we saw long balls, flat cut out passes, tip ons, magic off loads, short balls and in his kicking game he was nailing them every time, kicking them nicely over the line at the end of the sets 10 out from the line, throwing some bombs in there and some nice quality kicks to gain repeat sets.

Oh don't worry, he hasn't lost any speed sure is one of the fastest players in the NRL up there with James Roberts but has one thing fast players like Milford, RTS ect. don't have which is probaly the best acceleration of any players the way he sped through the tiniest of gaps and the way scooped a lose ball and if u blinked he was gone! But the 2 things that impressed me the most was his ball playing skills and kicking game. With his passing game we saw long balls, flat cut out passes, tip ons, magic off loads, short balls and in his kicking game he was nailing them every time, kicking them nicely over the line at the end of the sets 10 out from the line, throwing some bombs in there and some nice quality kicks to gain repeat sets.

Actually, I beg to differ a bit on your first point. Tommy doesn't have great acceleration, what he does have that players like Roberts and Milford don't have is the ability to stay at top speed for longer periods (like Brent Tate or Brett Morris). In a length of the field try he's still running at top speed only 10 metres from scoring. James Roberts has the acceleration, but after 50 metres he starts dying in the arse.

I didn't know that Moltzen played! Haha thanks for telling me did not see him
Wait: Moltzen PLAYED?

How many hamstrings did he break? Did he rupture an ACL? Tear a pec? Syndesmosis? Pop a shoulder? Achilles come off the bone? Wrist injury??

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8