Tom Waterhouse is a Goose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Geese are waterfowl belonging to the tribe Anserini of the family Anatidae. This tribe comprises the genera Anser (the grey geese), Branta (the black geese) and Chen (the white geese). A number of other birds, mostly related to the shelducks, have "goose" as part of their name. More distantly related members of the Anatidae family are swans, most of which are larger than true geese, and ducks, which are smaller.
Bazeagle. I do not think the above describes Tom Waterhouse.
Whatever Bones. Nobody cares.

The issue is that I thought it was the coverage of the NRL.

But all of a sudden we're being subjected to Cameron Williams and Karl "I didn't get pissed at the Logies" Stephanovic.
And now they're generating revenue from Tom Waterhouse. Add this to the never ending plugs for tv shows and it's becoming less and less about the game.

Sad thing is its par for the course for Ch Nein.

bazeagle said:
bones said:
Geese are waterfowl belonging to the tribe Anserini of the family Anatidae. This tribe comprises the genera Anser (the grey geese), Branta (the black geese) and Chen (the white geese). A number of other birds, mostly related to the shelducks, have "goose" as part of their name. More distantly related members of the Anatidae family are swans, most of which are larger than true geese, and ducks, which are smaller.

Lol @ whatever

bones said:

I think leech is a more appropriate description for Tom.
Leeches are segmented worms that belong to the phylum Annelida and comprise the subclass Hirudinea.[1] Like other oligochaetes, such as earthworms, leeches share a clitellum and are hermaphrodites. Nevertheless, they differ from other oligochaetes in significant ways. For example, leeches do not have bristles and the external segmentation of their bodies does not correspond with the internal segmentation of their organs. Their bodies are much more solid as the spaces in their coelom are dense with connective tissues. They also have two suckers, one at each end.

The majority of leeches live in freshwater environments, while some species can be found in terrestrial[2] and marine environments, as well. Most leeches are hematophagous, as they are predominantly blood suckers that feed on blood from vertebrate and invertebrate animals.[3] Almost 700 species of leeches are currently recognized, of which some 100 are marine, 90 terrestrial and the remainder freshwater taxa.[4]

Leeches, such as the Hirudo medicinalis, have been historically used in medicine to remove blood from patients.[5] The practice of leeching can be traced to ancient India and Greece, and continued well into the 18th and 19th centuries in both Europe and North America. In modern times, the practice of leeching is much rarer and has been replaced by other contemporary uses of leeches, such as the reattachment of body parts and reconstructive and plastic surgeries [6] and, in Australia, for online gambling.

bones said:
Seeing Tim Waterhouse on the screen when I watch the football does not make me rush out, or pick up the phone to put a bet on.
So Waterhouse is throwing his money away thinking that his actions are going to significantly increase betting?

lol

You taking us for fools Bones?

manlyfan76 said:
Why is this thread not moved yet? It's not rugby leauge in nature but people on their soapbox talking about (loosely) the merits of gambling and its providers.

Because if it gets moved then the mods are deemed to be trivialising others' opinions :) As it is closely tied into the viewing of RL then I have no probs with it being here. The fact that the thread may be degenerating is not my fault.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Rex said:
bones said:
Seeing Tim Waterhouse on the screen when I watch the football does not make me rush out, or pick up the phone to put a bet on.
So Waterhouse is throwing his money away thinking that his actions are going to significantly increase betting?

lol

You taking us for fools Bones?

I dont need to, you're doing it quite well on your own. He advertises to influence those who want to bet, to choose his betting agency over the opposition. If he didn't avertise, gamblers would still place their bets, just at another agency. People gamble because they want to not because it's advertised. Advertising simply let's them know their options in where they can place their bet.

Quite apart from any views you hold on betting, this is part of the increasing trend to turn TV content into advertisements. It's like watching the shopping channel 24/7.

How about we have footy that actually focuses on footy?

Rex said:
Quite apart from any views you hold on betting, this is part of the increasing trend to turn TV content into advertisements. It's like watching the shopping channel 24/7.

How about we have footy that actually focuses on footy?

Agree totally with those sentiments.

ManlyBacker said:
manlyfan76 said:
Why is this thread not moved yet? It's not rugby leauge in nature but people on their soapbox talking about (loosely) the merits of gambling and its providers.

Because if it gets moved then the mods are deemed to be trivialising others' opinions :) As it is closely tied into the viewing of RL then I have no probs with it being here. The fact that the thread may be degenerating is not my fault.

So because of perceived perceptions of perceived perceptions?

Man: "Will you use it for buying booze"
Bum: "No, sir"
Man: "Will you be gambling it away, then"?
Bum: "Absolutely NOT!"
Man: (bemused): "Why dont you come home with me. I want my wife to see what happens to a man who doesn't drink or gamble."

He is a smart punter and wouldnt give the odds unless he didnt know what he was doing.

Plus his Dad will always been remembered for the Fine Cotton saga.

Rambo1987 said:
He is a smart punter and wouldnt give the odds unless he didnt know what he was doing.

Plus his Dad will always been remembered for the Fine Cotton saga.

Who's his Dad? Trent?

bazeagle said:
bones said:

Talk to the hand sista

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Waterhouse would have paid an absolute motza for his presence on the coverage .

Ch 9 having paid an absolute motza for the rights themselves , will basically do as they please now to recuperate as much coin as possible .

This is not about what's right and wrong . It's about the almighty dollar again .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4