Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thats true but its a lot for a kid who has never played NRL before and never gone through the system
You pay a premium to lock up the talent sure, but it the grand scheme of the cap, it's like a cheeky punt. If it comes off, and say in two years he's up for it, in year three we have a starting 6 for a 180K. If he takes three years to develop even better because if he is ready for first grade with his next contract, maybe we can resign a starting 6 for 3-400. That's great value. Take a couple of years to work him through the ranks, see what he can do. That kind of price allows you to do that. Littlejohn is probably on similar money. Think of him in those terms. Can slot in the ressies and work himself out and if he makes the top grade, we've got a bargain. If not, no great loss.

No doubt the kid has all the skills.
Better we sign him, than Easts, who are the chequebook kings.
PS: I wonder how he plays in the wet. We need some players who don't go to water when the rain falls!

You pay a premium to lock up the talent sure, but it the grand scheme of the cap, it's like a cheeky punt. If it comes off, and say in two years he's up for it, in year three we have a starting 6 for a 180K. If he takes three years to develop even better because if he is ready for first grade with his next contract, maybe we can resign a starting 6 for 3-400. That's great value. Take a couple of years to work him through the ranks, see what he can do. That kind of price allows you to do that. Littlejohn is probably on similar money. Think of him in those terms. Can slot in the ressies and work himself out and if he makes the top grade, we've got a bargain. If not, no great loss.

What about our halves in the 20s ? Who have been with the club since 14 years of age. I am sure they and their parents are pretty disappointed, when they sign a kid up, who what I have been told is injury prone, never played league in his life and he gets signed up on good money. The halves in the 20s would love to see that sort of $$$$$ and they have come through the system. That is very good money for an 18 year old who hasn't proved himself yet Thats more than Tommy is getting and he has played NRL

What about our halves in the 20s ? Who have been with the club since 14 years of age. I am sure they and their parents are pretty disappointed, when they sign a kid up, who what I have been told is injury prone, never played league in his life and he gets signed up on good money. The halves in the 20s would love to see that sort of $$$$$ and they have come through the system. That is very good money for an 18 year old who hasn't proved himself yet Thats more than Tommy is getting and he has played NRL
Your ability, or potential ability, dictates the market.

I'd be sure that the new deal Tommy Turbo signed is to his liking.

And if the guys in the u20's are good enough, when their deals are up they'll be looked after. NSW Cup money would be more than u20's.

We could learn a lot from Sydney City and their plundering of the cream of juniors, and they dont worry that players have to compete against each other. They've been in six grand finals since 2000 (the most of any side), won two premierships in that time and three minor premierships. They look like increasing those stats this year. All this with virtually no junior comp. Lesson to be learnt here I think.

Time to get a new mailman - read the article, straight from the horses mouth he used to play 3 or 4 games a week of both League and Union

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Thats true but its a lot for a kid who has never played NRL before, you don't know what his defence is like, the speed of the game etc. Its a lot different playing kick, kick than league and he has never gone through the league system
Shaun Johnson made his name in touch football and Aussie Rules, playing for NZ in both. Don't know you could take too much out of him representing NZ in Aussie Rules. He also played rugby union in his school's first 15. Not exactly proof of his rugby league credentials.

The videos of him playing touch football is what got everyone so excited about him.

Time to get a new mailman - read the article, straight from the horses mouth he used to play 3 or 4 games a week of both League and Union
Nah I ain't reading nothing - stuff this kid for not being a Manly junior. And from all I've seen he's only ever played against schoolkids - what a softie! Worst signing ever.

Benji Marshall came from touch footy...my friends used to rave about this skinny little kiwi kid who could step in mid-air and throw a pass 20m to a flying winger's chest. He turned out OK (granted, after several reconstructions here and there).

Politics will have to be handled carefully by Barrett with the under 20's players. They have been in the spotlight more and we know if their defensive skills are up to it. Can't lose good Juniors because of hopeful schoolboy Rugby players (backs) who rarely are pressured into full on tackles.
The question is the defence of young Rugby backs and this guy is no different having seen him play a number of times. Hopefully that area is not missed by coaches. Don't know if it was an ACL or medial knee problem for him.

Seeing as a lot of people don't believe that tom wright will not be ready by 2017 (IMO he will be ready by 2017 maybe even late 2016) But I'd like to know who everyone else thinks will be wearing the 6 in 2017 and the future if you think wright won't be ready. Walker obviously going to moved to the centres to replace Lyon in 2017.

If Walker excels at 5/8 ,He will be staying there .

Not sure about that. Certainly he's probably set for 2016, but Lyon will probably retire so I suspect in 2017 Walker will move to the centres if Wright shows the 'wright' stuff in 2016

Seeing as a lot of people don't believe that tom wright will not be ready by 2017 (IMO he will be ready by 2017 maybe even late 2016) But I'd like to know who everyone else thinks will be wearing the 6 in 2017 and the future if you think wright won't be ready. Walker obviously going to moved to the centres to replace Lyon in 2017.

Club might be seeing what Isaac John is progressing like?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8