Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Smokin' I am in no way saying you shouldn't make an assessment of how you feel a player or coach is performing as an opinion. We all have that right. But its when we judge in a besmirching manner the underlying character and integrity of that person, we cross the line.

Let me put it this way. Lets say in fact I am Tom Wright and Bearfax is an alias. Or Tom is a close friend of mine. Thing is that may be the case. I'm not Tom obviously but you cant know if he's a friend of mine and I wont say if its true or false. I read things here being said behind his back putting him down. Different if I was just talking with friends, but this is not just talking with friends. This is a public forum. I read someone questioning his character, his personal efforts on the football field, stating he's a fraud, glory seeker etc or worse. Now what's to say I tell Tom to read some of these items. In law he would have the right to challenge someone denigrating him. Comes under the Deformation Act. Technically he could seek a legal injunction against such material and even demand the identity of those who are besmirching his name. Could even place restrictions on this very site.

I'm not saying that will happen. That's an extreme case. But it gives a sense of where we need to draw the line. To express an opinion (and ensuring its couched in such manner) about whether you think a players performance has been good or bad in a specific game, is fine. To generalise and besmirch his character by saying he's a dimwit or a glory seeker etc is not. Criticise the action, the performance, but not the integrity, commitment or character of the person.

Just as an example of how it can go, I indicated I attended a lot of court appearances. There was a rather interesting judge called Judge Knowblanche. Didn't put up with any nonsense in his court. Some people gave him a nick name called Nobby as in Nobby because he was considered nuts. Someone placed a packet of such nuts on his bench. He held up court for most of the day demanding to know who put it there. Whoever did, and no one admitted it, they would have been gaoled. Contempt of court and Defamation of character. Extreme case but gives a sense of how serious it can in the end be considered.

The thing is we sometimes forget these are people just like us. And because they are famous we think we can judge them. Yet rarely do we know more than a little about them and most from media sourses, which are generally there to titillate and create drama. An image is created which is often nothing like the real person, who is just like us, trying his best at what he does, supporting his family, with much the same concerns as we have. They just happen to be famous. I'm just suggesting we treat them like we treat those close to us, with respect.
I 100% agree about not bringing a persons character or besmirching (lol,what a word) them,I have not read every post in this thread and will not say that no one has done a besmirch on him.
I think you are doing an Abe Simpson and are going off on a tangent here,people are discussing his exploits on the footy field from what I have seen.
In regards to socal media and the internet you are always going to have comments from people,I try and hope I have never brought someones personal life and character into the discussion.(although I may have lost patience with an occasional poster and done a besmirch job here and there)
Can you look through all your posts and say you have never besmirched anyone?(Des maybe a little....)

Wow thwre are some longgggggg posts in here.
Personally i would have him back in Manly colours tomorrow. Have followed his rugby career pretty close and last night does not represent his talent.
Please dont forget the wallibies have been dropping balls cold for 20 years so to single out TW for special mention means nothing.
He wqs never given a go by TBaz for whatever reason which was a shame. The 2 or 3 games he did get were when our barrel was empty so again not a fair comparison.

Hey hang on. Who's being protracted...protracted...protracted...protracted...protracted...pro...:party:

I 100% agree about not bringing a persons character or besmirching (lol,what a word) them,I have not read every post in this thread and will not say that no one has done a besmirch on him.
I think you are doing an Abe Simpson and are going off on a tangent here,people are discussing his exploits on the footy field from what I have seen.
In regards to socal media and the internet you are always going to have comments from people,I try and hope I have never brought someones personal life and character into the discussion.(although I may have lost patience with an occasional poster and done a besmirch job here and there)
Can you look through all your posts and say you have never besmirched anyone?(Des maybe a little....)

Smokin' probably I am digressing somewhat. I have an Achilles Heel mate and its about respect. I start to get real squirrely when I sense someone is being disrespected. Probably an early feeling of copping it when I was younger. The issue is separating the action from the person. He's a top player doing his best and has worked very hard to get there but I get a sense that some develop a dislike for certain players and look for any reason to put them down. That's an emotional reaction not a logical one and needs to be recognised.

Smokin' probably I am digressing somewhat. I have an Achilles Heel mate and its about respect. I start to get real squirrely when I sense someone is being disrespected. Probably an early feeling of copping it when I was younger. The issue is separating the action from the person. He's a top player doing his best and has worked very hard to get there but I get a sense that some develop a dislike for certain players and look for any reason to put them down. That's an emotional reaction not a logical one and needs to be recognised.
I get and take your point,I believe many here have developed a dislike for certain players and it would not matter what the performance they would still say they played a crap game.
I view a player from performance,I may not agree with some of their choices e.g. Walkers' actions off the field/AFBs' past domestic issue etc....but I don't let that colour my view of their ability or skills(I can't speak for everyone on here and if they have done something particularly heinous I would be disappointed if the club condoned it without trying to offer some level of help to work through any issues).
When we had just signed Davey I posted that I thought talent wise I viewed Olakau'atu as our best second rower and Davey was as good as anyone else we had,I was accused of being disrespectful to Siro etc...and was looking at players with manly glasses on, I always leave emotion/bias out when evaluating a player.
In regards to Tom Wright,I had great hope from him in the 20s' that he could develop into an elite NRL centre(which I posted).I have seen many senior union games from him and whilst I have not seen every game I honestly can say that he has not impressed (enough)in any game that I have seen.
In regards to Bellamy turning him into an elite player that a few on here have suggested...I doubt that Bellamy would take him in because he only brings in players who are willing to buy into the Storm ethos etc....I have seen nothing on the field that suggests he is a team player and by that I mean he plays an individuals game and does not seem to be on the same page as his teamates and they don't seem to have any idea what he is going to do and the errors then flow.
I doubt he would get past the first interview.
I often defend many involved with Manly that others have disregarded,if I see Tom play well I will post it.

Last edited:
I do
I get and take your point,I believe many here have developed a dislike for certain players and it would not matter what the performance they would still say they played a crap game.
I view a player from performance,I may not agree with some of their choices e.g. Walkers' actions off the field/AFBs' past domestic issue etc....but I don't let that colour my view of their ability or skills(I can't speak for everyone on here and if they have done something particularly heinous I would be disappointed if the club condoned it without trying to offer some level of help to work through any issues).
In regards to Tom Wright,I had great hope from him in the 20s' that he could develop into an elite NRL centre(which I posted).I have seen many senior union games from him and whilst I have not seen every game I honestly can say that he has not impressed (enough)in any game that I have seen.
In regards to Bellamy turning him into an elite player that a few on here have suggested...I doubt that Bellamy would take him in because he only brings in players who are willing to buy into the Storm ethos etc....I have seen nothing on the field that suggests he is a team player and by that I mean he plays an individuals game and does not seem to be on the same page as his teamates and they don't seem to have any idea what he is going to do and the errors then flow.
I doubt he would get past the first interview.
I often defend many involved with Manly that others have disregarded,if I see Tom play well I will post it.
Bellamy hires for attitude and trains for skills and structure.

I do

Bellamy hires for attitude and trains for skills and structure.
That is your view and I respect it,but do you think he could coach the instinctive acts like grubbering for yourself in your ingoal etc... out of his game?
Bellamy has a very conservative gameplan and would go mental on him playing like he does(my opinion)
It has been well documented how Bellamy scrutinizes a players personality etc...and whether they would fit into the Storms program.

That is your view and I respect it,but do you think he could coach the instinctive acts like grubbering for yourself in your ingoal etc... out of his game?
Bellamy has a very conservative gameplan and would go mental on him playing like he does(my opinion)
It has been well documented how Bellamy scrutinizes a players personality etc...and whether they would fit into the Storms program.
Sorry what I meant was Bellamy hires people who are trainable.
You can teach skills only to those who are trainable.
Attitude first then skills.

If you don't have the right attitude you won't fit into their structure.

Sorry what I meant was Bellamy hires people who are trainable.
You can teach skills only to those who are trainable.
Attitude first then skills.

If you don't have the right attitude you won't fit into their structure.
Also a good coach can be a good role model for a player and bring out the best in his character and attitude as well .

Attitude and skill can be taught

Speed is a God Given Gift and the faster you go the bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind

Perspective time ....
In regards to the Australian Rugby team selectors Tom impressed enough to represent his country and from what I have seen of him I agree with the selectors feathered friend

Perspective time ....
In regards to the Australian Rugby team selectors Tom impressed enough to represent his country and from what I have seen of him I agree with the selectors feathered friend
Smokin Joes' reality time....
Dropping easy kicks to him,rocket passes to people 1 metre away when cutting inside and passes thrown to thin air,not knowing where the sideline is and running into touch on your own.
Which of these impressed you the most?

Smokin Joes' reality time....
Dropping easy kicks to him,rocket passes to people 1 metre away when cutting inside and passes thrown to thin air,not knowing where the sideline is and running into touch on your own.
Which of these impressed you the most?

Well he did all of these things at really really high speed, which left other mediocre players only doing other things at mediocre speed.

Tom has been dropped from the Wallabies squad to play the decider against France tonight.
Yep was water boy. Great win by the wallabies after playing with 14 men for 76 minutes after korobete was sent off for a good hard tackle. The French captain took a massive dive that belonged in the round ball game. Absolutely the worst refereeing reckon i have ever seen.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10