Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Against the Dragons when he came on at centre. Brilliant sverve and acceleration.
Then Baz dropped him @:mad:
The only shining light and the only try scorer in the Baz coached Manly Team was Tom Wright who was dropped after this game as you have quoted

1:39 into the highlights clip and Tom Wright gets the ball 40 metres out of the Dragons try line . Runs across field and dummies to Frank Winterstein
He has Parker on the outside of him and looks to pass to Parker and has the defence in two minds .
He sees a gap in the Dragons defence and EXPLODES to the try line untouched leaving 4 St george defenders in their wake

Speed Kills and the faster Tom went the Bigger the Mediocre slow defence he Left Behind

Good video,it also highlights the 2 pissweak efforts in defence in the first half that let in tries.
Lazy from marker and got caught out on the line and then instead of going to wrap the ball and player up,tried to grab the jersey and let in another.
Looks good when running but maybe dropped for the defence?

We all know How Kyle Flanagans game went Under Trent ......
Add State of Origin players Nick Cotric & Corey Allan

A couple of the Dogs 2022 signings, Addo-Carr & Burton, are top shelf - maybe they will be Barrett immune?

Good video,it also highlights the 2 pissweak efforts in defence in the first half that let in tries.
Lazy from marker and got caught out on the line and then instead of going to wrap the ball and player up,tried to grab the jersey and let in another.
Looks good when running but maybe dropped for the defence?
When a player possesses potent speed as Tom Wright does all the slower players look piss weak

There were no miss tackles from Tom Wright in any of the dragons unanswered tries

That game was played at Win and I went with a Dragons friend of mine and Tom had a Good all round game in defence and Attack .

Speaking of defence Kelly and Parker were very poor

We saw how Parker improved under Des , We can only Imagine what Des could have done with Tom Wrights game

The only shining light and the only try scorer in the Baz coached Manly Team was Tom Wright who was dropped after this game as you have quoted

1:39 into the highlights clip and Tom Wright gets the ball 40 metres out of the Dragons try line . Runs across field and dummies to Frank Winterstein
He has Parker on the outside of him and looks to pass to Parker and has the defence in two minds .
He sees a gap in the Dragons defence and EXPLODES to the try line untouched leaving 4 St george defenders in their wake

Speed Kills and the faster Tom went the Bigger the Mediocre slow defence he Left Behind

How the **** this guy didn’t get more of a run baffles me

Add State of Origin players Nick Cotric & Corey Allan

A couple of the Dogs 2022 signings, Addo-Carr & Burton, are top shelf - maybe they will be Barrett immune?
The wooden spooner head coach will be under pressure next season to live up to his great Myth

When a player possesses potent speed as Tom Wright does all the slower players look piss weak

There were no miss tackles from Tom Wright in any of the dragons unanswered tries

That game was played at Win and I went with a Dragons friend of mine and Tom had a Good all round game in defence and Attack .

Speaking of defence Kelly and Parker were very poor

We saw how Parker improved under Des , We can only Imagine what Des could have done with Tom Wrights game
Re-check the video,he missed tackles,(what is the unanswered tries part meant to mean?)being there means that there is a lot you miss,that is why coaches the world over in every sport use the video....
He looked like the mediocre mess being left behind a couple of times,imagining is wonderful and thinking Des has the miracle cure to improve his defense is imaginative and easy to say and is only hypothetical,I prefer to rely on the evidence I see.

Re-check the video,he missed tackles,(what is the unanswered tries part meant to mean?)being there means that there is a lot you miss,that is why coaches the world over in every sport use the video....
He looked like the mediocre mess being left behind a couple of times,imagining is wonderful and thinking Des has the miracle cure to improve his defense is imaginative and easy to say and is only hypothetical,I prefer to rely on the evidence I see.
The negativity you see is obvious feathered friend

Probably better off sticking with Union or trying to get the big money in Japanese Rugby or the like . Maybe could offer something as a winger or back up full back in League on a minimum contract but doesn 't seem to be much interest from N R L clubs including Manly . Barrett had the opportunity of giving him a go as a winger which seemed his most suited i st grade position in 2018 but persevered with the likes of Matt Wright with very limited upside . Probably continues to be a shame that did not occur , but with Saab and Garrick mainstays there now , can 't see any interest from Manly .

Seriously .. some of you could of gotten a job writing for Goebbels or even penning testimonials for kim jong-un ..

He was given 6 opportunities to show his wares after 3 years in the elite system ... with the exception of one 4 second burst of talent he was a major disappointment ... which unsurprisingly ..(for anyone who followed the juniors) .. exactly mirrored his u/20's form of brilliant one game .. uninspiring the next couple.

He was no doubt talented, but rather than stick at he decided to ask leave to go to Rugba .. and Dessie released him and didn't appear to do to much to get him to stay. My personal opinion is he wasn't mentally mature or tuff enough.

They said he was a 5/8 and we stuffed him up by playing him at centre and wing .. well .. guess what .. he also got shot out to the wing in Rugba ... go figure ...

So, he's now older and at 6'1" and 100 kgs, bigger and stronger and may make a very handy player ..

But seriously, WHO would you drop in the top 17 for him?

And which one of our younger hopefuls would you drop out of the top 30 for him ?

and Dessie released him
He was gone before Des arrived. In his recent interview, he said the offer to play for the Brumbies occurred during Mad Monday 2018.
And which one of our younger hopefuls would you drop out of the top 30 for him ?
Maybe not the younger hopefuls, but he would likely be more on field value in our top 30 than players like Jorge or Boyle. You would expect Des could get the best out of him. I doubt he would return to the Sea Eagles. I think he is currently earning $400-500k. No NRL team would pay that much unless he stars as a Wallaby in the next couple of years. His best positions in League would probably be wing or fullback.

Edit: Wright is only 23 and may have more upside than a couple of our young hopefuls. He would be faster than Tuipulotu and is bigger/stronger than Weekes.

Last edited:
He was gone before Des arrived. In his recent interview, he said the offer to play for the Brumbies occurred during Mad Monday 2018.

Maybe not the younger hopefuls, but he would likely be more on field value in our top 30 than players like Jorge or Boyle. You would expect Des could get the best out of him. I doubt he would return to the Sea Eagles. I think he is currently earning $400-500k. No NRL team would pay that much unless he stars as a Wallaby in the next couple of years. His best positions in League would probably be wing or fullback.

Edit: Wright is only 23 and may have more upside than a couple of our young hopefuls. He would be faster than Tuipulotu and is bigger/stronger than Weekes.
Exactly , would be wishful thinking from Tom or his manager if he could get anywhere near his current Union contract pay from any N R L club or on any suggested return . Would go with Weekes however to progress better over Tom Wright [ or as Tom previously did ] in their respective footy or previous N R L careers .

but he would likely be more on field value in our top 30 than players like Jorge or Boyle.

I rest my case .. if you only think he might "likely" be better than poor old Jorge and Boyle then that is a pretty sad judgement .

You would expect Des could get the best out of him.

Why, did he get the best out of GoJetski, or Suli ? ... Dessie is a great coach .. but he isn't Omnipotent

Fair call .. but whoever made the decision to release him made it pretty quick .. and it wouldn't have been Bazza at that stage ..

Seriously .. some of you could of gotten a job writing for Goebbels or even penning testimonials for kim jong-un ..

He was given 6 opportunities to show his wares after 3 years in the elite system ... with the exception of one 4 second burst of talent he was a major disappointment ... which unsurprisingly ..(for anyone who followed the juniors) .. exactly mirrored his u/20's form of brilliant one game .. uninspiring the next couple.

He was no doubt talented, but rather than stick at he decided to ask leave to go to Rugba .. and Dessie released him and didn't appear to do to much to get him to stay. My personal opinion is he wasn't mentally mature or tuff enough.

They said he was a 5/8 and we stuffed him up by playing him at centre and wing .. well .. guess what .. he also got shot out to the wing in Rugba ... go figure ...

So, he's now older and at 6'1" and 100 kgs, bigger and stronger and may make a very handy player ..

But seriously, WHO would you drop in the top 17 for him?

He could play centre easily. He has the speed and attack and better than either of our current centres as well as Dylan Walker.

Des would teach him how to be more committed in D like he has for the majority of the team.

.unfortunately Barret did not do his fundamental job, in improving each and every player through good coaching.

He was given 6 opportunities to show his wares after 3 years in the elite system .

The forum comes to a complete Perspective ....

Agreed ! He was no doubt talented and no doubt under a proven and experienced Grand final winning coach Like Des Tom would have benefited greatly

Des did not release him . Trent Pissed him off because he was not getting a fair go .

6 games in three years is not a fair go for a young hopeful

And which one of our younger hopefuls would you drop out of the top 30 for him you ask ?

Which young hopeful coming up the grades did we have in our back line last year ?
Saab and Garrick from the Dragons
Harper Bulldogs
Parker is the only one and he was absolutely very poor under Trent and much improved under Des .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12