Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was reported that Turbo won the YoYo test at Sea Eagles training two days ago. (In previous years, DCE dominated in this test). I wonder if this was a condition for his hammy tearing the next day? Is this type of training counter productive for his hamstring health?
Pretty weak if you ask me. I used to be able to run my yoyo for hours barely breaking a sweat. Around the world, walkin the dog, never even had the slightest twinge in the hammies.

Not really but just thinking of the massive value of players in some sports, especially in the USA. Or European soccer. If a $50m player hurts a hammie what does their club do? Are we doing that? I guess also because couldn't help noticing the Chooks Rabbitohs sent Mitchell to the US, we sent Turbo to Melbourne...why didn't they just send Mitchell to Melbourne?

Snake oil salesmen still exist ...

I would suggest all the top teams world wide have medical staff with access to the the latest peer reviewed journals .. treatment would be pretty standard.

This is Tom's 4th hammie.. you can't beat genetics ...

What a waste of space incorrect article

What has been injured at training got to do with playing fullback and a potential positional change?
His last two hammy injuries were not done on the playing field.

@Woodsie time for a poll on when Tommy will return in 2023.

Round 10 imo.

Could not agree more. Surely if you're already spending over a million a year, for many years to come, then a few hundred thousand on proper treatment in the US is a no brainer.
Oh wait. Hang on a sec.
The NRL pays the player's salaries and Mr Penn would have to put his hand in his pocket to pay for this himself.
OK.
I get it now.

Having said that, it may behoove (now there's a word) Tommy to pay for it himself, given that it's the body he actually has to live in.

Hmm

Last edited:
Could not agree more. Surely if you're already spending over a million a year, for many years to come, then a few hundred thousand on proper treatment in the US is a no brainer.
Oh wait. Hang on a sec.
The NRL pays the player's salaries and Mr Penn would have to put his hand in his pocket to pay for this himself.
OK.
I get it now.

Having said that, it may behoove (now there's a word) Tommy to pay for it himself, given that it's the body he actually has to live in.

Hmm
They both can afford it. Let them sort it out who foots the bill. Both are equally invested.

Another injury for Tom , The guy must be devastated, I’m sure there is no one more disappointed than Tom himself
You can be sure he will try his best to be fully fit for the season opening game
We don’t know but hoping this will be his only injury for season ahead

Strange article considering he did it at training.
A centre that is in and out of a team leads to a lot less disruption than that of a fullback: a key member of spine and defensive organiser.

We need continuity.

Forget the wasted cap space, we can never be successful chopping and changing probably the most influential position in the modern game. We need a full time fb end of story. If/When Turbo plays his handful of games he can add x-factor and unpredictability as a roaming centre without fcking up the team's core playmakers, combinations, and structures. The article is spot on. This is Seibold's most effective solution to a ****ty issue that will plague Manly year in year out

Yes agree.

Snake played from mid 2004 to mid 2016. He played a bit of 2016 but retired. I know he got injured in that debut game in 2003 when killer ran over him when he was 18.

So from 2005 to 2015 - he was only out 2009 and 2010.
Apart from that he played almost every game and what a mighty player he was.

Tom has had far worse injury luck so far

Fully agree. But my point was that we cringed every time Snake got tackled, and breathed a sigh of relief when he got up and wasn't limping or clutching some other injured body part.

When Turbo came onto the scene we thought those days cringing and hoping were gone. And for a while it was because he pretty much played full seasons in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately however since then his run with injuries has proven to be even worse.

Since the start of 2019 he's only played 44 out of a possible 92* games. The club is basically paying him $1.1m per year and he's right now only playing 1/3 to 1/2 of the games.

We all saw just how good he is in 2021. Lets just hope that's not the only time we get to see it.

*Edited

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8