Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont usually pay much mind to stats. But one today illustrated how out of form / different Tom is

23 runs for 191 runs with 0 tackle busts.

The old to. Was racking up more metre from roughly same runs and probably averaged 6-8 busts a game. Busts allow offloads, post contact metres/line breaks and quick play the balls.

He isn’t close to the same player, to the eye or by stats

Last edited:
Tom couldn’t spark off a major uncontrolled release of Azidoazide azide the way he is moving this season.

And yet he's still our best frontrower.
Admittedly that’s not hard.

And can someone tell Keppie it’s not a good look to be yakking it up with your mate from the opposition, after your third straight loss.

A reasonable performance from him today, but his presence in the team reminds us how much imbalance exists in the squad in favour of three or four players on very big money.

Not playing his best that’s for sure but certainly not to blame for the lacklustre attitude of the playing group

I want to see Tom take the Latrell path. We don't need to see him taking hit ups one of the ruck. We want to see quality touches.

He's really suffering from a lack of a decent number 6. We look at our most dangerous when Tom gets quick ball 3 off the ruck. In 2021 the Foz and Shoe combo made that left edge lethal. This year's it's Cooper John's on the left edge.... They're all over Tom as soon as he touches it.

I'm in 100 percent agreement that Tom isn't playing great and is mentally damaged. But if Shoe had been on the park all season or WE KEPT FOZ, I guarantee he'd be playing a lot better footy.

Look at the Roosters. Teddy has one try this whole season. ONE! Tom has 5.

I just want to see Tom enjoying his footy again. He'll never be 2021 Tom again, but with a decent 6 he'll still be a quality fullback. Probably not a $1.1mill fullback, which I know is the cause of frustration for a lot of fans, but I'm personally more frustrated by an unproven $800k number 6 who can't get on the park.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot may not agree but that's my opinion.

Double edged sword isn't it. Either he goes back to his natural way which unfortunately is a higher risk of injury, or you hope he comes good the way he is?

Either way we all just want him playing injury free, but with confidence.
It is definitely a double edged sword, and I strongly agree that it definitely is a mental issue and lack of confidence in his body - if you watch the games this year you can see when he gets the ball there seems to be a pause he thinks about something and then goes where previously it was pure reactive I get the feeling he is scared to stretch-out in case he gets injured again. Im not to sure what the Fuk Knowles tought him over there - but its obvious to me - that Latrell got some different education to what Turbo got he is definitely flatto the floor and stretching out but does not try and run on every play so maybe Turbo needs to talk to Latrell and workout what education he may have missed.

I think being burned by Nikiora, who not only ran past him but actually pulled away from him is a huge concern. I’m beginning to think it’s not the new running style or a lack of confidence…it’s scar tissue from so many hamstring injuries and he is suffering the same fate as Foran and Matt Moylan. I don’t know that we’ll ever get the old Turbo back…I worry this is it.

Without the acceleration, he is not going to bust tackles or turn half chances into tries.

I think being burned by Nikiora, who not only ran past him but actually pulled away from him is a huge concern. I’m beginning to think it’s not the new running style or a lack of confidence…it’s scar tissue from so many hamstring injuries and he is suffering the same fate as Foran and Matt Moylan. I don’t know that we’ll ever get the old Turbo back…I worry this is it.

Without the acceleration, he is not going to bust tackles or turn half chances into tries.
If the club is serious, they need to bring in some Blacktown workers players who have some mongrel in them to support him. At the moment there's too many passengers who aren't putting in a good shift and are expecting him to carry them even when he's hobbling around on one leg. I've been watching the Blacktown team and theyve shown resillience to not throw in the towel when theyre behind. They have some decent players in Toby,Dias,Matterson, Stucky, GCKT,etc.

If the club is serious, they need to bring in some Blacktown workers players who have some mongrel in them to support him. At the moment there's too many passengers who aren't putting in a good shift and are expecting him to carry them even when he's hobbling around on one leg. I've been watching the Blacktown team and theyve shown resillience to not throw in the towel when theyre behind. They have some decent players in Toby,Dias,Matterson, Stucky, GCKT,etc.

Today was a better performance but from 9 games they are 3 wins, one draw with an average of 26 points being conceded each game.

There is an argument for GCKT as we all know but I am not sure there is much in there apart from him. You could bring up Raymod v but for who?

Matterson has been playing as a 6 or 13 not sure he would be much better.

Toby has heart but he was not great in trial matches (where Johns was a standout) which is a worry

The only other player I would like to see get a better run is Fainu

Today was a better performance but from 9 games they are 3 wins, one draw with an average of 26 points being conceded each game.

There is an argument for GCKT as we all know but I am not sure there is much in there apart from him. You could bring up Raymod v but for who?

Matterson has been playing as a 6 or 13 not sure he would be much better.

Toby has heart but he was not great in trial matches (where Johns was a standout) which is a worry

The only other player I would like to see get a better run is Fainu
It's better to try something different surely. There just seems to be a narrative that you can still get picked week in week out even if you are underperforming.

It's better to try something different surely. There just seems to be a narrative that you can still get picked week in week out even if you are underperforming.
Considering this has been the case for Des and now it says to me the talent is just not there

I don't think you can come to that conclusion unless you actually give them a go.
Ray Vaega certainly showed what he was capable of yet he's still in Blacktown.
I'm not sold yet on Ray's defence. He hits hard but doesn't always make the right choice when to come in or slide.

BUT he does have that aggression and competitiveness which has been largely missing over the past two or three weeks.

I don't think you can come to that conclusion unless you actually give them a go.
Ray Vaega certainly showed what he was capable of yet he's still in Blacktown.
Is he going to replace Garrick or Saab?

They watch the players week in and week out so would have more of an idea than you or I

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8