Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to see Tom take the Latrell path. We don't need to see him taking hit ups one of the ruck. We want to see quality touches.

He's really suffering from a lack of a decent number 6. We look at our most dangerous when Tom gets quick ball 3 off the ruck. In 2021 the Foz and Shoe combo made that left edge lethal. This year's it's Cooper John's on the left edge.... They're all over Tom as soon as he touches it.

I'm in 100 percent agreement that Tom isn't playing great and is mentally damaged. But if Shoe had been on the park all season or WE KEPT FOZ, I guarantee he'd be playing a lot better footy.

Look at the Roosters. Teddy has one try this whole season. ONE! Tom has 5.

I just want to see Tom enjoying his footy again. He'll never be 2021 Tom again, but with a decent 6 he'll still be a quality fullback. Probably not a $1.1mill fullback, which I know is the cause of frustration for a lot of fans, but I'm personally more frustrated by an unproven $800k number 6 who can't get on the park.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot may not agree but that's my opinion.
JBW has nailed it. Trbo must be saying , "How many more weeks do I have to play behind this nufty of a No. 6?"

Could we potentially play Weekes at #1 and Turbo at #14 to come on in the back end of the half when teams are tired? Only until he builds up his confidence/technique. If he recovers to anywhere near 2021 form him and Weekes swap. Plus we will be better for it in the long run giving Kaeo time in the custodian role.

I thought he was pretty good today again. I’m not worried about the nikora thing. I think he was gassed out on the wing and suddenly that happened.

He is building nicely.
Yeah said this earlier, I reckon aerobically he is still way off the pace. Makes sense tho he’s has leg and groin injury’s Tgat will slow him down. I just hope he starts coming good soon. Seriously go back and watch sone of the 2021 highlights. The backline is largely the same - in fact prob better with Koula in for Harper. And Foran for Schu (when he’s fit). Far out we smashed a few sides!

+1. Turbo has only ever looked threatening when Schuster is @ 6. But I cannot understand the reasoning for signing Johns when Weekes has been around the club for years and knocking on the door.
I'm guessing Johns is in for his defence as he has no attacking ability. Exact opposite for Weekes and our attack is so dysfunctional at the moment I guess the emphasis is on defence....not that you would know it

I want to see Tom take the Latrell path. We don't need to see him taking hit ups one of the ruck. We want to see quality touches.

He's really suffering from a lack of a decent number 6. We look at our most dangerous when Tom gets quick ball 3 off the ruck. In 2021 the Foz and Shoe combo made that left edge lethal. This year's it's Cooper John's on the left edge.... They're all over Tom as soon as he touches it.

I'm in 100 percent agreement that Tom isn't playing great and is mentally damaged. But if Shoe had been on the park all season or WE KEPT FOZ, I guarantee he'd be playing a lot better footy.

Look at the Roosters. Teddy has one try this whole season. ONE! Tom has 5.

I just want to see Tom enjoying his footy again. He'll never be 2021 Tom again, but with a decent 6 he'll still be a quality fullback. Probably not a $1.1mill fullback, which I know is the cause of frustration for a lot of fans, but I'm personally more frustrated by an unproven $800k number 6 who can't get on the park.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot may not agree but that's my opinion.
Agree. Foran and Shuster created that space for Tom, particularly Shuster, the way he went to the line, attracted two defenders and then threw a late ball out the back to a running Tom.

There have been times when Tom has swung around to the left but no one can give him quality ball. Attack just breaks down.

Is he going to replace Garrick or Saab?

They watch the players week in and week out so would have more of an idea than you or I
Vaega's fitness and speed is not up to first grade standard for a winger, he may be good with ball 10m out orbringing the ball back off our line, but he's just a Taufua clone, something we were wanting to replace in the latter stages of his career

It’s his attitude that worries me the most.

He’ll play himself back into form hopefully.

But Tom always used to be someone who put everything in.

In that break. Where Garrick was at full back. He didn’t even move across to the other player.

I don't think you can come to that conclusion unless you actually give them a go.
Ray Vaega certainly showed what he was capable of yet he's still in Blacktown.

I won't knock Ray's enthusiasm. If the squad played with his level of enthusiasm we'd hardly ever lose a game.

However......Ray is limited. Essentially he's Jorge Taufua Mk.II. Like our old Samoan Sledgehammer, he's strong as a bull and hard to stop close to the line, and can occasionally come up with a big hit in defence. But also like Jorge ... for a winger he's as slow as a wet week, he can't catch and he can't jump.

I do like Ray, but he's not the type of player you want in first grade all too often.

I won't knock Ray's enthusiasm. If the squad played with his level of enthusiasm we'd hardly ever lose a game.

However......Ray is limited. Essentially he's Jorge Taufua Mk.II. Like our old Samoan Sledgehammer, he's strong as a bull and hard to stop close to the line, and can occasionally come up with a big hit in defence. But also like Jorge ... for a winger he's as slow as a wet week, he can't catch and he can't jump.

I do like Ray, but he's not the type of player you want in first grade all too often.
I agree. But I felt he was quite pivotal to setting the tone in that win against the Storm. We need some of that mongrel we have been missing for a while now. He scored a spectacular try yesterday as well. We have looked like trash since the Storm game and he's been nowhere to be seen since. I know he was suspended but he should have been given his spot back based on that performance, with Parker making way. Parker has played poorly basically every week and he gets to keep his spot, which I cant seem to fathom.

I still can't understand why he takes a lot of the 5th tackle hit ups. It puts him out of the 6th tackle play. It's something we've done this year and it's not working

Maybe he thinks that the opposition will be setting for the 6th so there'll me more gaps.

Yet, like bullwinkle trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat, it's not going to work.

Moving on...

tom still has good numbers so I'm not as concerned as others. Maybe I should be, but it's my thought and you all can't have it.

I still can't understand why he takes a lot of the 5th tackle hit ups. It puts him out of the 6th tackle play. It's something we've done this year and it's not working

Not just this year tbh.
In previous years, Tom would always find his front and deliver a quick PTB to give time to the kicker.

Not just this year tbh.
In previous years, Tom would always find his front and deliver a quick PTB to give time to the kicker.
I don't remember it from previous years, not saying it didn't happen but it's like it's a deliberate ploy now. He was always our most dangerous at chasing the high kicks and he's rarely in a position to do it now

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8