Tommy T

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The brothers T are both signed with us until the end of 2017 as is Gutherson. I dont think they will be going anywhere as they are the future of the place.

Sorry mate, there was a time many moons ago that you could bank on that. Today...hah....they could sign with several clubs, do a triple backflip, with enough time to pick up a nice third party payment from rusty or packer......it's all gone fooked...fooked I tell ya!

Tom T and his brother Jake are amazing prospects.
They remind me of the young Stewart Brothers. I'm feeling very positive about Manly's future with young players emerging from our ranks like the Trbojevic brothers, Hiku, Jorge, knight, Guthbetson and DCE.

There has been a bit of talk on here on Tommy T-Simply i think he belongs in first grade over Hiku but thats just my opinion-we also need to secure him long term because he is a defintite star of the future-young enthusiastic and despite what some ppl are saying he has speed to burn-once he adds a bit of bulk to his frame he will be great-he can only improve from here and as i said still only 18!--He scored 4 long range trys in the holden cup vs the warriors and hasn't put a foot wrong in first grade and scored some good trys with a good leap with his height- when hes been given the chance-here is the video of his 4 impressive long range trys-thoughts?

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...es-in-holden-cup/story-e6frf3ru-1227456672983
thanks for those highlights chrisos,I didnt get the chance to see the game,cheers mate

thanks for those highlights chrisos,I didnt get the chance to see the game,cheers mate
Not a problem at all mate,im happy to share any good video highlights i can with fellow manly fans,and they were great highlights at that and he ran over 4 hundred metres in the holden cup which is a record in personal metres gained in holden cup maybe evn nrl(but dont quotte me on that lol)...total legend and star of the future! :p :p :p

What I liked about that clip,of Tom's fourth try...was the fact that Addison Demetriou kept pace with him for 30 metres! Someone who presumably will play prop or second row. And he offloaded in traffic for try number 2...looked a bit like Chris Close with that build! Future is bright.

It's important for his development to be in and out of 1st grade this year. He won't get to run as freely in 1st grade like that, and developing instincts for running in the clear, dummying, weaving will be honed by carving up the juniors. I applaud tooves on this. Rothfield et al have no idea how to develop a young player.

lets wait until we have a froward pack to protect him , before we sacrifice him in permanent 1st grade .........

Must say Tommy Turbo was superb against the Donkeys. This kid has star potential which is no secret to us Manly Sea Eagles supporters.

He really adds an X factor to our attack and speed which we sorely need. His height and aerial ability on attack and defence is an assest as well. Tom has great natural instincts and skills which were highlighted in his 4 try record breaking game in NYC 2 weeks ago and his 2 try and hand in a 3rd try effort in 1st grade this past week.

His one handed pick up for his runaway try and his deft offload to Jorge after drawing two defenders, plus him re-positioning himself for the Lyon pass in his 1st try were all subtle plays I noticed against the Donkeys. He also seems so mature and composed for someone who is 18 years old.

Such a special talent and as he gains more experience will only get better. Defensively he can improve and with time I believe he will. If he adds a little bit more size this will be beneficial as well.

I have to admit that if my neph Peta is dropped and replaced by Tom I will be torn. I am a huge fan of Tom and his form absolutely warrants selection. However it would be tough from a personal standpoint to see Peta relegated.

While Peta has had an inconsistent season he has played reasonably well the last 2 games. He was below par against the Cowgirls, though he was only returning from injury.

Peta has definitely been put on blast by a few members on here due to his form, with some of it warranted and deserved. However he is still a quality, versatile player and one of the few current internationals on this team. He is not a Wing though and is best served at the back or in the Centres.

At the end of the day though, I support this team first and foremost. If we have a better chance to suceed with Tom on the Wing then I am all for it. I guess in the end only Tooves can make that call. Either way I support the decision. Mean Manly Mean!!!

Last edited:
Well said Jax.
Tommy's best play of the night was getting himself re-positioned behind Lyon for his first try.

The kid has a footy brain.

A lot of other wingers would have been in the in goal, in front of Lyon, or in row 2 of the grandstand, wondering what just happened.

The sideline camera showed his decision making perfectly.

Must say Tommy Turbo was superb against the Donkeys. This kid has star potential which is no secret to us Manly Sea Eagles supporters.

He really adds an X factor to our attack and speed which we sorely need. His height and aerial ability on attack and defence is an assest as well. Tom has great natural instincts and skills which were highlighted in his 4 try record breaking game in NYC 2 weeks ago and his 2 try and hand in a 3rd try effort in 1st grade this past week.

His one handed pick up for his runaway try and his deft offload to Jorge after drawing two defenders, plus him re-positioning himself for the Lyon pass in his 1st try were all subtle plays I noticed against the Donkeys. He also seems so mature and composed for someone who is 18 years old.

Such a special talent and as he gains more experience will only get better. Defensively he can improve and with time I believe he will. If he adds a little bit more size this will be beneficial as well.

I have to admit that if my neph Peta is dropped and replaced by Tom I will be torn. I am a huge fan of Tom and his form absolutely warrants selection. However it would be tough from a personal standpoint to see Peta relegated.

While Peta has had an inconsistent season he has played reasonably well the last 2 games. He was below par against the Cowgirls, though he was only returning from injury.

Peta has definitely been put on blast by a few members on here due to his form, with some of it warranted and deserved. However he is still a quality, versatile player and one of the few current internationals on this team. He is not a Wing though and is best served at the back or in the Centres.

At the end of the day though, I support this team first and foremost. If we have a better chance to suceed with Tom on the Wing then I am all for it. I guess in the end only Tooves can make that call. Either way I support the decision. Mean Manly Mean!!!

Good to see you back on here Jax, it is embarrassing the way some people carry on about Hiku

Jax, your comments are very honest and refreshing . It would have been difficult for you to say what you did. Hopefully there will be space for both Tom T and Peta in the team in the future as they are both quality players! Peta however, may need to wear a NZ jersey under the Manly one because he has been outstanding for the Kiwis in the last few years!

Good to see you back on here Jax, it is embarrassing the way some people carry on about Hiku
Thanks KE and I definitely agree with you. Luckily I don't take too much to heart and understand that everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion and thoughts. I know deep down supporters only want whats best for our team and at times can get a bit carried away lol.

Jax, your comments are very honest and refreshing . It would have been difficult for you to say what you did. Hopefully there will be space for both Tom T and Peta in the team in the future as they are both quality players! Peta however, may need to wear a NZ jersey under the Manly one because he has been outstanding for the Kiwis in the last few years!
Yeah it was and it wasn't hard mate. Tom is a monster talent and is in superb touch. I really like the kid and I guess if their was player I don't mind displacing Peta it would be him. In regards the future and both players, I think there is room for both but it all depends on Barretts preferences. As for Peta wearing his Kiwi jumper underneath his Manly one, its worth a try lol. I think he has got some bad habits off Foz in regards his international performances compared to his club performances haha.

At the end of the day 6 into 5 doesn't fit

next year it will be 7 into 5, possibly 6 (depending on where Lyon plays)

Both Hiku and tommy t will play a massive role for us the remainder of this year and next. People just need to settle down a bit. Both so quality.

What a talent Tommy is. Haven't had the opportunity to watch many of his games, and living in north QLD, have never seen him play live either. But boy he reminds me of a young Darren Lockier. Can the kid or has the kid played 5/8 before???.

With players like matai, lyon, stewart, tafua, and hiku. Trbojevic might struggle for opportunities, just get that feeling that the other clubs will poach him with monopoly money a bit like hopoate.

Let's be serious.

Staying with Manly would be the best career move for the young bloke(s).

Imagine going to someone like doesntmatta. Yuck his ability would drop and he'd never reach his potential IMHO. I cite Hoppa as a classic example. A very talented player but will never reach his full potential.

Tommy easily had his best game in first grade against the Donkey's on Saturday night. He showcased his speed (something that Manly have been sorely lacking lately) and wasn't bad on defence. The try that his opposite scored wasn't his fault, it was just another example of Manly's compressed inside defence which often leaves our right winger in no mans land trying to shut down 2 or 3 attackers. Peta, Blair and Tommy have been blasted in these forums for their defensive lapses when most times (but not all the time) they are the victim of our inside defence rather than any bad play on their part.

If Skivy plays against the Vermin on Friday night I'd be happy for Tooves to have Peta or Tommy on the wing. But I think its getting harder and harder to leave Tommy out of the side. He is that X factor that we've been lacking. He's arguably the quickest player at the club and would rank among the top 10 in the NRL right now. He's safe under the high ball and his defence is improving. And right now I would say his confidence is sky high after the past 2 weeks.

When Tom is posted on the wing he often gets scored on in a 3 on 2. This is so frustrating to watch as this is a easy fix but it happens time and time again.
He is alway caught coming in too late on the Center giving to much time for the pass to get away or getting stung by a cut out ball hitting the winger to score in the corner.
He has a massive wing span so get him up harder earlier in the passing lane. If it hits the Center he is on gin and if it's cut out to the winger he is in the passing lane to knock it down or catch it.
Grubbed behind the line will be covered by Stewart.
Sick of this no mans land rubbish

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7