Tommy T

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think The reason why Tom T cant play has to do with the second tier salary cap and because we have had so many injuries we have used it all and he can only play if we lose a player to injury like we did last week with matai and when hiku was out was injured
Yes I'm hearing the same reason

Tommy has been named on the wing (outside of Killer) in RLW's team of the week for Round 21.

Still can't crack a regular first grade spot..........

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/rlw-team-week-21-2/5/

I loves Tooves as much as anyone and am majorly pissed that he's been sacked by the club. But facts are facts. Other than experience, Tommy offers more than Peta Hiku on the wing. Both are safe under the high ball. Both can score tries and have ball skills (though I'd argue that Tommy has more ball playing skill than Peta). Both can tackle.....but Turbo Tommy is fast, Peta isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Peta Hiku. But he's a centre or fullback, not a winger.
I agree,I think Hiku gets a bad wrap on here but simply put wing is not his go.I think he defends very well in the centres.But I'm hearing TomT can't play due to second tier cap

I agree,I think Hiku gets a bad wrap on here but simply put wing is not his go.I think he defends very well in the centres.But I'm hearing TomT can't play due to second tier cap
Given that he's already played half a dozen or so games this season surely that can't be a problem? Perhaps bringing another kid up may cause an issue but he's already played, therefore been accounted for cap-wise.*

*correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm neither an accountant, cap editor nor club manager.

So in short, Tooves is only allowed to play Tommy when someone else pulls out with an injury.

The NRL works in mysterious, baffling and completely stupid ways.

Oh well i guess the only thing that can hold Turbo T back is the Salary Cap. It also points to the reason why he wasn't picked over Peta in earlier games as well.

The positive is if there are any backline injuries, you couldn't ask for a better replacement. From the sounds of things Snake may be in doubt, so Tom still may be required anyway. Bittersweet scenario though.

Oh well i guess the only thing that can hold Turbo T back is the Salary Cap. It also points to the reason why he wasn't picked over Peta in earlier games as well.

The positive is if there are any backline injuries, you couldn't ask for a better replacement. From the sounds of things Snake may be in doubt, so Tom still may be required anyway. Bittersweet scenario though.

I'd rather snake playing and Hiku in than Tom t and Hiku in with snake ruled out of Friday nights game

Given that he's already played half a dozen or so games this season surely that can't be a problem? Perhaps bringing another kid up may cause an issue but he's already played, therefore been accounted for cap-wise.*

*correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm neither an accountant, cap editor nor club manager.
I'm not completely over it but I think it has to do with the amount of injuries

I believe it comes down to bonuses/match fees for those not in the top 25 playing NRL.

I heard Rabbits on Triple M last night advocating for Tommy T to play on Friday. As to who he would be replacing, he went on about Hiku being an NZ International so there's no way he can be dropped (I'm a bit over hearing that!)
He then had the audacity to suggest TT should replace Taufua as he brings such an X factor into the team!! :speechless:

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I heard Rabbits on Triple M last night advocating for Tommy T to play on Friday. As to who he would be replacing, he went on about Hiku being an NZ International so there's no way he can be dropped (I'm a bit over hearing that!)
He then had the audacity to suggest TT should replace Taufua as he brings such an X factor into the team!! :speechless:

I was very critical of Taufau last year and was advocating Cheyse Blair heavily to take his spot on the wing. But now?? Seriously Taufau is playing as well as he ever has for us. He is back to his hard running best, great hits in defence, and competing for high balls.

If the cap allowed it (and I have no idea) it would be Hiku definitely out the gate for Tommy Turbo.

Tommy has been named on the wing (outside of Killer) in RLW's team of the week for Round 21.

Still can't crack a regular first grade spot..........

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/rlw-team-week-21-2/5/

I loves Tooves as much as anyone and am majorly pissed that he's been sacked by the club. But facts are facts. Other than experience, Tommy offers more than Peta Hiku on the wing. Both are safe under the high ball. Both can score tries and have ball skills (though I'd argue that Tommy has more ball playing skill than Peta). Both can tackle.....but Turbo Tommy is fast, Peta isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Peta Hiku. But he's a centre or fullback, not a winger.
And both can get caught out of position at times, which still puts Tommy T ahead. :giggle:

Sheeesh! i just read on a Vossy column that there are two more Trbojevic brothers showing
promise in the juniors. Do I smell another dynasty brewing or what!..hot diggity jerry!
cmon boys lets roast some wabbit friday

Sheeesh! i just read on a Vossy column that there are two more Trbojevic brothers showing
promise in the juniors. Do I smell another dynasty brewing or what!..hot diggity jerry!
cmon boys lets roast some wabbit friday

Hoping they follow in their brothers footsteps. But just having the two atm is exciting enough. Hope the clubs management treat the family well and keep them at the club. Of all the cr@p we had to put up with in 2015, Jake and Tom have really given us fans something to be happy about :)

I was wondering the same thing as all of you. Looks it is NOT a 2nd Tier issue as the Manly account just stated on Facebook around 5 mins ago.

So looks like Toovs got a big call coming up for Friday.

IMO its a massive call to leave Tom out and I think Souths will breathe easier with him out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6