Tony Mestrov, new CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good evening E4L,

I am not adept at cutting out each paragraph and replying underneath your reply, so I will respond in paragraph order, if that makes sense.

1. Yes to both questions however, I am unable to elaborate any further on this point.

2. I do not disagree with your comment at all as I doubt he would be "doing cartwheels" around the office however I do believe he is mature enough to understand that (and as you have alluded too) the challenges that he now faces may be somewhat more taxing than those he was initially expecting. I believe that his engagement with all parties within this unpredictable organisation has been both measured and robust when required.

3. All I will say in response to this paragraph is in my earlier post I was referring to comments both on the forum and outside the forum where people believe that Tony is acting as a functionary for Penn (well said!). This morning on SEN1170 (Sydney) Andrew Webster, a journalist who I have an immense amount of time for echoed your exact same thoughts which I thought was refreshing to hear.

He is working quite hard on establishing a culture which, to be frank, is the very antithesis of past Manly board and management teams and your comment about the time and energy on this front is well noted and observed.

I am not au fait with what is happening or likely to happen with John Bonasera so I can not provide any useful thoughts on that particular subject.

Hi @Woodsie Worth a read of my post and the excellent response by @AndWeDon'tCare in relation to player releases sought by Tartak.

What do you think of Tony hiring Laurie Daly as a coaching consultant?
WTF does Loz know about NRL coaching and structures?

He is leaking this crap out to the media?
Why??

Its a regular complaint on here that we have our recruiting wrong. Rightly or wrongly, people think we have too strong a focus on Western Sydney. What if Laurie brings with him a wealth of knowledge about tapping into regional NSW?? Given he is one of the greatest country footballers of all time, maybe he still has a network out there? But the reality is you or me or anyone on these forums don't know what Laurie is going to bring, but much smarter men than me think its a good move, so I am prepared to back that. At least in the short term.

I’d say he’s firing on all cylinders!!!
I'd say he's picked up his game significantly. I would also say that I am impressed about how he's not backgrounding the usual media stooges. The same media stooges who have been spoonfed confidential Manly info for years, will now find it harder to get that information. A couple more staffers need to be cut off at the knees (Note: This relates specifically to internal leaks), and the club will be in a much better place. In a perfect world, Tartaks influence may begin to fade as well. (not yet holding my breath on that one)

Last edited:
I'd love to know why we have gone through numerous CEOs in a relatively short period of time. Particularly when Penn is overseas most of the time. Must have been front office issues who knows?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8