Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolutely mate, and you put your point across respectfully. I'm sorry I didn't respond immediately, or when voicefromthehill demanded I should because I was in a tizzy about the way mave, xv-1, shiekeagle, voicefromthehill and others were ridiculing my stance and going all in , so left it for a bit.

I 100% get your timeline of events, and it all made sense. But I also feel some of those events overlapped , and Mestrov would have been consulted and in consultation with the business stakeholders.

Sorry if you felt I was being flippant. Hope you can see why I needed a break. Look at voicefromthehill's last post in this thread - the passive aggressive pokes and jibes about my life and opinion.

Cheers mate

If you are going to continue to quote my name in your many posts can you at least spell it correctly.

If you are going to continue to quote my name in your many posts can you at least spell it correctly.
Maybe I could refer to you numpties as a collective ? A flock? Gaggle? Murder?

You know what I mean though .. your collective likes, dislikes and pokes. It's your thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A flop, perhaps?

Nahhhh, that's singular, and I kinda think you have a mortgage on that one. Just doesn't fit anyone else as snuggly as it does you.

B. Stewart is Snake
Tommy is Turbo
Matai is Skivy
G. Stewart is Gift
Menzies is Beaver
Mave is flop

Just fits. Just the same as you calling me a wanker I guess.

Have not read all the posts in this thread but if this guy is from greyhound racing NSW it would appear he has experience in Virtual basket case situations. I am feeling positive about this…

Good lord you guys can get petty with the name calling.

It makes the forum a really unpleasant place to be. So far there have been homophobic names, troll names, sexist names and other just offensive names.

Grow up and think about other people than what ever internet argument you are trying to win. It makes this place very unpleasant as, guess what, other people read the names and are then less likely to post about it.

If you disagree with another poster do it in a respectful manner - no one has to agree with each other (in fact it is better that does not happen) but can you try at least be respectful of each other and not call names?

Not sure it is hard at all.

Is that term also used to talk about drawing a long bow?

It's the same as murder (of crows), flock (of sheep), group (of people), gaggle (of geese)....dude, it's common knowledge, and that's the way people use it to describe a collection of sticks. You could have asked, before not understanding.

It's the same as murder (of crows), flock (of sheep), group (of people), gaggle (of geese)....dude, it's common knowledge, and that's the way people use it to describe a collection of sticks. You could have asked, before not understanding.
I understand the term but (and you are a smart guy) had to know what was involved when you used it.

If I was Tony, in light of Jerseygate, I would be sitting down with Des and having a good hard look at our roster moving forward. I would base my lineup on the following few who have the desired character and motivation in representing Manly :
1. Trbojevic
2. Garrick
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Humphreys
8. Trbojevic (c)
9. Croker
10. Paseka
13. Lawton
14. Chan Kum Tong
15. Fulton
16. Keppie
18. Trbojevic / Parker

Everyone else in our top 30 can literally fk right off

Last edited:
If I was Tony, in light of Jerseygate, I would be sitting down with Des and having a good hard look at our roster moving forward. I would base my lineup on the following few who have the desired character and motivation in representing Manly :
1. Trbojevic
2. Garrick
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Humphreys
8. Trbojevic (c)
9. Croker
10. Paseka
13. Lawton
14. Chan Kum Tong
15. Fulton
16. Keppie
18. Trbojevic / Parker

Everyone else in our top 30 can literally fk right off

Are you going to nickname the one black player in your team ... "Uncle Tom" ....

Last edited:
All I really did was remove all boycotters. Obviously couldn't care less what colour skin they have

Pete ... I am certain sure there was no other criteria .. and I'm not suggesting you done anything wrong .. but if we follow your plan ...

... just in the act of removing them you have as an employer discriminated against them for there religious beliefs ... not good .. big law suits ..

Then, I assume in the act of replacing them ... if you discriminate against players of a certain culture or religion ... again you are illegally discriminating ... again not good ...

And if at the end of your cleanout and rebuild you end up with a 95% white atheists ... in a comp with 50% polynesians ... some unkind person is going to raise the issue of racism

All of which completely destroys the notion of inclusiveness ....

I think we need a different plan ..

Pertaining to earlier posts

If someone is having troubles teaching their children what disingenuous means - we have an excellent example in this mornings droppings from our most esteemed member

Pertaining to earlier posts

If someone is having troubles teaching their children what disingenuous means - we have an excellent example in this mornings droppings from our most esteemed member

Buy shares in Kleenex. You're bullying tactics doesn't & won't work on me cyber bully haha.

No, it shouldn't have got to that point. Yes, it's embarrassing Des and DCE had to prepare a press conference and cop marketing questions. But my point is it shouldn't have got to that point. Mestrov (in my view), even during that I'll fated week should have intervened. Got everyone together and sorted this out. For the benefit of Des, the 7, the other players, the club, himself, the marketing people, the brand, everyone and everything - and sorted it out.

For example, and I know people can say anything, Trent Robinson right after the blowup said he had a meeting with his players, and they all agreed they'd wear a jersey if asked. One meeting sorted it out.

My opinion, is Mestrov should have manufactured an event like this, whatever it was. Simple as that.

My view is he'd be across all this stuff well and truly before it happened. And I hold to that.

Check your DM Ryan.

Thanks.

Well put Tony, can only tell it how it is!!

Because of the team performance, we have to be open to change,” Mestrov told The Telegraph.

“If I came in and we were finishing sixth, I don’t think there would be the leverage to make change. But everything has been fast-tracked because of the performances.

“The owners want what I want – to have a successful football club, be financially better off and deliver what the fans and board want, which is a successful football team.

I can't make my mind up ... either Tony is an absolute genius for staying away from the media in the lead up to this meeting .... or he is a complete wood duck blinded by the lights ...

I hope it's because he has taken time to get his ammo and is locked and loaded ...

We'll know the cut of his jib soon ...

I can't make my mind up ... either Tony is an absolute genius for staying away from the media in the lead up to this meeting .... or he is a complete wood duck blinded by the lights ...

I hope it's because he has taken time to get his ammo and is locked and loaded ...

We'll know the cut of his jib soon ...
Hopefully the quite Tony is a Man of few words and all action and get the Job done

Nahhhh, that's singular, and I kinda think you have a mortgage on that one. Just doesn't fit anyone else as snuggly as it does you.

B. Stewart is Snake
Tommy is Turbo
Matai is Skivy
G. Stewart is Gift
Menzies is Beaver
Mave is flop

Just fits. Just the same as you calling me a wanker I guess.
Perspective time
Over the years on this Manly passionate forum I have seen passionate Manly posts from both @Merchant Of Doom Ryan and @mave and they are both are what you see is what you get straight from the heart Manly Passionate guys . Both Good guys that do not really know each other and If they did they would properly respect each other more just like we all should on this forum

Do you due diligence and or recognizance first. the questionnaire move by the football department (Coaches) suggests they are concerned about the players being interviewed by management. Mestrov will only be as effective as Penn allows him to be. Now the people on the inside are admitting the playing group is split before we were being told there is nothing to see here corroborated by photographs of smiling players.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6