Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What is Tony doing to get our Stadium upgrade money back?
Isn't he good mates with Vlandy.
Are you being serious mate. The bloke hasn't even been in the chair 24 hours. Far out mate. I think at this stage he would be as his said doing a lot of listening around the place. A new stadium is no bloody good if the club doesn't have the right culture or team environment both on and off field.

Are you being serious mate. The bloke hasn't even been in the chair 24 hours. Far out mate. I think at this stage he would be as his said doing a lot of listening around the place. A new stadium is no bloody good if the club doesn't have the right culture or team environment both on and off field.

No it was a joke. My name is not Ryan 😜

But, it has to be on his long list of items to look at.

Well strike 1...

Mestrov detailed in a press conference that manly will no longer air their dirty laundry in public.

We now have an 'anonymous star' doing just that regarding the ongoing rift within the playing group and the hypocricy of the 7's actions.

Lets see how he handles this.

Mestrov detailed in a press conference that manly will no longer air their dirty laundry in public.
Which press conference? The one I saw on TV was just that he will make Manly great again. On the club site he has a blurb asking fans to attend the Eels and Sharks home games, but that's all I've seen.

Edit - actually you are right, post #138 above. Although that comment was in the context of negotiations about Des's contract. Still a good point though.

Well strike 1...

We now have an 'anonymous star' doing just that regarding the ongoing rift within the playing group and the hypocricy of the 7's actions.

Lets see how he handles this.
I wouldn't want to be the one talking out of school, I reckon Mestrov will quickly make an example of anyone who wants to take him on, he would have already let the team know that he's the new man in town

Tony Mestrov our New Manly Messiah

Good luck Tony .....

I hope you can outlast the Test of times

I wouldn't want to be the one talking out of school, I reckon Mestrov will quickly make an example of anyone who wants to take him on, he would have already let the team know that he's the new man in town
What happens if he 'takes on' Scott Penn? He's sacked more than a defensive linesman.

What happens if he 'takes on' Scott Penn? He's sacked more than a defensive linesman.
From what I've read about him I think if anyone can take on Penn it's him, I don't think he would have left Greyhounds NSW without written agreement of his boundaries, I'd be pretty confident that he's got the power to do whatever is necessary to make the club successful. I doubt that he'll kowtow to anyone, this club needs turning around urgently, just my opinion 🙂

From what I've read about him I think if anyone can take on Penn it's him, I don't think he would have left Greyhounds NSW without written agreement of his boundaries, I'd be pretty confident that he's got the power to do whatever is necessary to make the club successful. I doubt that he'll kowtow to anyone, this club needs turning around urgently, just my opinion 🙂

I hope you are right Ron ... because the sandhills at Narrabeen contain the bleached bones of anyone who has fallen foul of the Penn dynasty ..

I hope you are right Ron ... because the sandhills at Narrabeen contain the bleached bones of anyone who has fallen foul of the Penn dynasty ..
I just think that

A. Tony would not have left the well paid job he's been secure in for the past five years without having clauses written into his contract that safeguarded him financially.

B. Tony by turning around Greyhounds NSW has shown he's a strong and competent operator and the Penns would be well aware that we need a strongman at CEO

C. He would be very aware of the turnstile that has been the CEO position at Manly and would most certainly had inclusions written into his contract that would financially hurt the Penns if the terms weren't adhered to.

With Manly having been a basket case for so many years it's highly unlikely that a smart operator like Tony would drop everything without ensuring that he was in a position of strength.

Obviously just my opinion but during my working life I protected myself with similar inclusions because senior management change and different directions are taken, I learned early that taking people at their word in business can cost you dearly and I'm just a dill, Tony has shown he's a smart operator.

I mean, surely Tones should have been all over this, well before he actually started the job.

That's how it works, right?

Actually flop, yes. That's exactly how it works.

I'll quote Anne Fisher, who for many years studied this actual subject flop, and provide commentary by an experienced operator who walked the walk (who references Anne). Now, I'm sure post reading, you'll suggest you are more knowledgeable on the subject matter flop, and point out where she's wrong, but that will just highlight your ignorance more (and note the statistics of failure flop, when these best practices aren't put into action - and could possibly be why the previous CEO's all failed flop):

If this is your first day on the job as a new CEO and you haven't developed your 100-day plan, you are already well behind the curve and at risk of becoming what Anne Fisher describes in her book, New Job? Get a Headstart Now, as the 40 percent of new CEOs who fail within the first 18 months. Your first day should be preceded by research and conversations with board members, key staff, stakeholders, and the previous CEO. Your first day starts when you accept the job, not when you show up in the office.

So flop, I hope you see where I was coming from. Disagree, dislike, whatever you want flop, these aren't my words. They are from a student of study and experience on the subject matter flop. So do your best.

I reiterate, despite the dribble in this thread, Mestrov should, and would have been all over this PRIOR to day one of sitting behind his physical desk. AND, he should have addressed the matter PRIOR to it coming to ahead (Des said management knew about the jerseys). If he had NO prior knowledge flop, then he isn't coming into the role prepared.

Last edited:
Set Penn’s shirt on fire with uppercuts.

Put his eyes into night clothing.

Nugget his nose and snot him.

We could then see an improvement in the Chairman/CEO dynamic.;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11