Tony Mestrov

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mestrov coming in fresh is an advantage in one way, he can take a new broom approach. Something significant has to change in the football operation and that won't be easy.
Coach isn't leaving, there simply is no viable alternative, plus Des is probably the best man to try to pull this disjointed joint together.
Captain is ensconced and just had his contract extended. He's been captain for the last 6 years, and removing him as club captain when he is the current winning Origin captain doesn't seem realistic.
Support staff? John Bonasera is invisible as footy manager, has a solid reputation and unless there's something we don't know, no point in changing him. (When news reported that 'the Football Dept was informed of the inclusion jerseys but not the coach or players, was Bonasera the one who failed to pass that on?)
Donnie - can't imagine Des ever getting rid of Donnie voluntarily, and if Mestrov pulls rank and does it he's going to have to headhunt the most impressive replacement. It would be expensive but could be worth it.

If I was CEO - I'd ask Des what changes he recommends. If he doesn't recommend any major changes I'd tell him there are going to be some anyway.
1 - Donnie is out - has the dual effect of introducing a new significant voice in the squad and also undercutting Des's iron grip on the footy dept, a step toward transition to a new coach in a year or two.
2 - Turbo as new Captain. Turbo now has the ruthless edge and the squad needs some fresh inspiration. Give DCE time to consider this before any announcement, if he wants to make a graceful exit to Dolphins, fine, if he wants to stay on just as a senior player and elite half, also fine.

Squad lacks discipline, some shakeup is necessary.

Mestrov coming in fresh is an advantage in one way, he can take a new broom approach. Something significant has to change in the football operation and that won't be easy.
Coach isn't leaving, there simply is no viable alternative, plus Des is probably the best man to try to pull this disjointed joint together.
Captain is ensconced and just had his contract extended. He's been captain for the last 6 years, and removing him as club captain when he is the current winning Origin captain doesn't seem realistic.
Support staff? John Bonasera is invisible as footy manager, has a solid reputation and unless there's something we don't know, no point in changing him. (When news reported that 'the Football Dept was informed of the inclusion jerseys but not the coach or players, was Bonasera the one who failed to pass that on?)
Donnie - can't imagine Des ever getting rid of Donnie voluntarily, and if Mestrov pulls rank and does it he's going to have to headhunt the most impressive replacement. It would be expensive but could be worth it.

If I was CEO - I'd ask Des what changes he recommends. If he doesn't recommend any major changes I'd tell him there are going to be some anyway.
1 - Donnie is out - has the dual effect of introducing a new significant voice in the squad and also undercutting Des's iron grip on the footy dept, a step toward transition to a new coach in a year or two.
2 - Turbo as new Captain. Turbo now has the ruthless edge and the squad needs some fresh inspiration. Give DCE time to consider this before any announcement, if he wants to make a graceful exit to Dolphins, fine, if he wants to stay on just as a senior player and elite half, also fine.

Squad lacks discipline, some shakeup is necessary.
Absolutely spot on. The only thing I believe you failed to mention is that regime change requires a change of leadership. So let's start with new owners.

Interesting press conference with Des and Tony.

Tony refused to discuss contract negotiations with Des for 2024 as its a private matter within the club. Des sort of agreed, cut the press conference short and walked out.

If I'm Mestrov:

IMMEDIATELY
1. Sack Des, his assistants, his support staff (effective immediately)
2. Sack Aloiai, Saab, Olakau'atu, Koula, Sipley, Schuster, Tuipulotu (breach of contract)
3. Erase Manase Fainu from the records (re-allocate his player number to someone else)
4. Offer DCE to The Dolphins
5. Offer Jake the captaincy & extension 3 years (subject to reducing current $$ to $500k per)
6. Players leaving: Walker, Taupau, Foran, Taufua (offer Tuilagi an out clause)
7. Cancel affiliation with Blacktown effective immediately (resume local scouting)
8. Sack the entire recruitment team
9. Offer the rest of the team a one off "out clause" to determine who wants to be here
10. At all costs, persuade that flop Penn to sell to owners who are plugged in and care

GOING FORWARD
1. Coach, assistants, support staff who won't tolerate players dictating - who demand results
2. Absolute no dickhead policy (at present, it's like the prerequisite IS to be one)
3. Recruitment team that get results (like most other clubs) - look at the Bulldogs ffs
4. 5 year plan - (bring in 1-2 marquee guys a year and build around them)
5. Let's get a real marketing / media team in at the club - possibly some dog racing people

We are at the lowest point the club has ever been in. Don't be suckered in by bull**** articles like our membership is breaking records (we've just got back to 2016 results ffs). We need to re-align the lines of command. We are an absolute joke to the rest of the NRL community right now. At least LOOK like you're trying to make change, instead of like the flaccid penis we currently are.

If I'm Mestrov:

IMMEDIATELY
2. Sack Aloiai, Saab, Olakau'atu, Koula, Sipley, Schuster, Tuipulotu (breach of contract)
3. Erase Manase Fainu from the records (re-allocate his player number to someone else)
5. Offer Jake the captaincy & extension 3 years (subject to reducing current $$ to $500k per)
7. Cancel affiliation with Blacktown effective immediately (resume local scouting)
9. Offer the rest of the team a one off "out clause" to determine who wants to be here
10. At all costs, persuade that flop Penn to sell to owners who are plugged in and care

GOING FORWARD
1. Coach, assistants, support staff who won't tolerate players dictating - who demand results
2. Absolute no dickhead policy (at present, it's like the prerequisite IS to be one)
3. Recruitment team that get results (like most other clubs) - look at the Bulldogs ffs
5. Let's get a real marketing / media team in at the club - possibly some dog racing people

We are at the lowest point the club has ever been in. Don't be suckered in by bull**** articles like our membership is breaking records (we've just got back to 2016 results ffs). We need to re-align the lines of command. We are an absolute joke to the rest of the NRL community right now. At least LOOK like you're trying to make change, instead of like the flaccid penis we currently are.

However you qualify it, we were 1 game away from the Grand Final last year.

But now, 11 months later, we should sack Des, all his assistants, all the support staff, all the recruitment team, players, and re-write history while we're at it.

This is peak Silvertails content.

If I'm Mestrov:

IMMEDIATELY

GOING FORWARD

Wow, did we get our first spoon ??

However you qualify it, we were 1 game away from the Grand Final last year.

But now, 11 months later, we should sack Des, all his assistants, all the support staff, all the recruitment team, players, and re-write history while we're at it.

This is peak Silvertails content.

If we are cherry-picking, please explain to me Des .400 win percentage over his past 6 seasons (including his last at The Dogs) and including finals (which he's made 2 of his last 5) ?

This is peak Silvertails acceptance of mediocrity.

What's your explanation for that?

That's right, I din't think so @Scorpio ! LOL Please back your opinion up with something substantial , rather than verbose.

Wow, did we get our first spoon ??
Be as smart as you want - next year we'll be coming ****ing close. And claiming did we get our first spoon as your ****ing yardstick / benchmark, really shows how low this fanbase has fallen.

Let's keep the status quo, because we didn't get the spoon. Hahahahahahaha fmd guys.

If I'm Mestrov:

IMMEDIATELY

GOING FORWARD

LOL. 😄

Mestrov certainly wouldn't be CEO anymore if he did that.

Look what happened to Tim Cleary when he sacked Fulton's niece - he was out quick smart

All I can say is based on the tripe I just read Merchant of Turd is I'm glad your not Mestrov.
Onya @Cameron . You've recently suggested Des Hasler is a better coach than Bob Fulton (despite their win% being vastly different), so your opinion in my view is well and truly up that stanky arse of yours.

I also don't recall player revolts under Fulton.

You're a dribbler.

LOL. 😄

Mestrov certainly wouldn't be CEO anymore if he did that.

Look what happened to Tim Cleary when he sacked Fulton's niece - he was out quick smart

Lol, I do get that. There was plenty of hyperbole in my post, but it was framed to highlight a LOT needs to be done to turn this failing club around.

I do get that subtle sarcasm is beyond a few here, and I should be simpler and clearer.

The media (even today on Fox) are tearing apart our culture, performance and brand. Even Ben Ross said that this all stems from the top, one person can change it, but it would take an off season (although he was talking about the Knights at the time).

Find it funny that the people ripping into anyone wanting change, are the same ones who tried to bully me out if this thread before I proved them all completely wrong ( @cc eagle , you, @Sheikheagle , @Cameron @mave & others).

There was plenty of hyperbole in my post

So are you or aren't you saying that we should immediately sack the coach, all assistants, all support staff, 7 starting players, all recruitment team, re-write the history books and convince the CEO to sell?

Or was that all hyperbole designed to get a reaction?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8