Tony Williams Myths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
codewana said:
Rex, T-Rex could be a star if he tried harder. I'm surprised you don't see that. I'm actually surprised anyone thinks he plays consistently well.

MK Eagle's post sums up what I'm trying to say. Its so obvious how damaging he could be if he wanted to.. I just don't understand why he isn't. Does he not care? Does he get tired? Is he told not to? That's the frustrating part of all of this for me.

What a load of absolute rot. Running around the field like a half-wit getting the way of everything & overstretching the defense isn't going to make him a good player. He isn't Paul Gallen & it isn't his role.

Considering that he has been parked on the wing for two years & he had f**k all development at Parra I'm pretty happy with how he's progressed in the forwards. If Iwere to complain about any aspect of his game it is that he rarely gets the ball with enough space to do damage. The blame for that can be shared by the halves & Matty B.

Maybe if you looked past your dislike of T-Rex you would be able to notice the improvements in his game. I'm not saying that he is a world beater, he isn't even close to being the best in the league, but the bloke has a role, one which he is growing into nicely. Less vitriol more common sense, bro.

MadMarcus said:
codewana said:
Someone said it in this thread, and its so true - imagine if he had Matai's will!

jjai said:
.. i wish he had solomon haumonos agility..:(

If he had these things, Andrew Johns' kicking game and Cliffy's passing game he would be an awesome player.

Oh hang on, this isn't the "a few very obvious points" thread...

Next thing we know T-Rex is going to turn into Captain f**king Planet.

Wolfpack said:
codewana said:
Rex, T-Rex could be a star if he tried harder. I'm surprised you don't see that. I'm actually surprised anyone thinks he plays consistently well.

MK Eagle's post sums up what I'm trying to say. Its so obvious how damaging he could be if he wanted to.. I just don't understand why he isn't. Does he not care? Does he get tired? Is he told not to? That's the frustrating part of all of this for me.

What a load of absolute rot. Running around the field like a half-wit getting the way of everything & overstretching the defense isn't going to make him a good player. He isn't Paul Gallen & it isn't his role.

Considering that he has been parked on the wing for two years & he had f**k all development at Parra I'm pretty happy with how he's progressed in the forwards. If Iwere to complain about any aspect of his game it is that he rarely gets the ball with enough space to do damage. The blame for that can be shared by the halves & Matty B.

Maybe if you looked past your dislike of T-Rex you would be able to notice the improvements in his game. I'm not saying that he is a world beater, he isn't even close to being the best in the league, but the bloke has a role, one which he is growing into nicely. Less vitriol more common sense, bro.

MadMarcus said:
codewana said:
Someone said it in this thread, and its so true - imagine if he had Matai's will!

jjai said:
.. i wish he had solomon haumonos agility..:(

If he had these things, Andrew Johns' kicking game and Cliffy's passing game he would be an awesome player.

Oh hang on, this isn't the "a few very obvious points" thread...

Next thing we know T-Rex is going to turn into Captain f**king Planet.

I dont know about you guys,but when i was a young prop the coach taught us 3 things

Tackle
Catch the ball
Every run has a run up,you hit the ball "ON THE BURST!!!"

If your successful at this,you are a successful prop,if you
have an offload your Sam ****ING Burgess

99.5% of the ****ing time T Rex catches the ball he is standing flat
footed,he has the acceleration of a 2 cylinder mitsubishi magna
and the top speed of say an XR8,but your not trying to tackle an XR8
at that speed,your trying to derail a train with your shoulder,goodluck

When he hits the ball approaching top speed he hits that line and skittles mother****ers,i dont care if your Sandow or that big gollywog prick from last night,your going flying

The real problem is i dont think Ballin has a "Free Willy" call for when he wants Tony to take one up to the line and send bodys flying

However,even flatfooted he has one hell of a palm,but i do prefer his bowling style,use the opposition as pins

Wolfpack, he's definitely a better forward than he is a back- no question about that. I guess others have been able to put it a better way and maybe its just that he isn't taking the ball on the run. That could be the passer's fault, I don't know, but the other guys in the pack don't have that problem so not sure why its only t-rex...

Bones, it shouldn't, but your inability to play the ball and not the man still surprises me... I'm sure your response to that will just be to make some joke about me - as I've said before your opinion of me means nothing to me so go for it.

Good old T-Rex has so much potential and hopefully he will realise it whilst playing for Manly! He is one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet....

I would just hate to see him let go and then blossom into a superstar at another club,he just needs a bit more time and belief in himself IMO,i remember when Lyon came to the club and it took him a couple of years to hit his straps,i hope this is the case for T Rex,hes a massive unit and he can steamroll the opposition when he winds up,remember when he steamrolled Slater at brooky last year?I believe he will come good and its worth persevering with him,my dad has a different opinion though and said after the titans game we should piss him off ,seems like everyone has a different opinion on him,hmmmmm.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6