Tony Williams Myths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des had him running a couple wide of the centre and he didnt get much ball in a position where he was deep enough to be effective. In defence the gold coast forwards seemed to be running at angle to hit the ruck away from him which didnt give him much opportunity to put hits on (thats how it looked to me). I reckon he might go better closer to the middle (prop rather than second row) running from deeper and going straight up the centre?

Des brought him on for the last 6 min of the 1st half and he did 1 hitup maybe 2 hitups, you would think sitting on the bench for that long he would want to go out and have a big effort in that time, he took so much of Buhrers time and was ineffective imo

Can someone do me a favor

Dig up the bailey threads from last year, find and replace Bailey with Trex, and repost. It would save us a heap of time

Seen this guy charge full steam on 1 occasion - result - 3 scattered Titans & the defence completely shot. Sad thing the other 5 carries were from a standing start with offload already in mind - no,no,no,no,no,no,no.

codewana said:
Someone said it in this thread, and its so true - imagine if he had Matai's will!

jjai said:
.. i wish he had solomon haumonos agility..:(

If he had these things, Andrew Johns' kicking game and Cliffy's passing game he would be an awesome player.

Oh hang on, this isn't the "a few very obvious points" thread...

Aren't these anti-T-Rex morons the same as the 'get rid of Robbo' mob. We need some size in the forwards and he provides. As Des said our attack faltered due to moving laterally way to much. I agree, and I blame the playmakers for much of that, not Tony. Sure he made one mistake but his defense was sound and he did prove a handful when he got the ball. And it's not like he made any errors close to our own line, like Beurher. It's not like we lost. get over yourselves.

myth 1

Tony williams is 4.5kg heavier than nearly every other forward in the comp so he must bust 5 tackles with every touch, send players skittling at all times and be the most dominant player on the field

Myth 2

Jamie bhurer is a small forward and always manages to tackle many players much bigger than himself without help. He should be skittled everytime someone slightly bigger runs at him. What is wrong with him. Doesnt he know the script

Myth 3

Toovey was too small

Rex, T-Rex could be a star if he tried harder. I'm surprised you don't see that. I'm actually surprised anyone thinks he plays consistently well.

MK Eagle's post sums up what I'm trying to say. Its so obvious how damaging he could be if he wanted to.. I just don't understand why he isn't. Does he not care? Does he get tired? Is he told not to? That's the frustrating part of all of this for me.

DSM5, there may be some people here who feel that we should let Robbo go. I've never been one of them. The only player on our team I'd like to let go is Williams.

Jbb, if you think my point is equivolent to your 'myth 1', then you're obviously not reading them. I don't think he should 'be the most dominant player' nor should he 'send playersskittling at all times'. I just want to see him consistently play with gusto. Again, I don't understand why it seems that only the minority want him to play better....

Bones, how's your free Manly jersey going? Got mine the other day - its awesome.

codewana said:
Bones, how's your free Manly jersey going? Got mine the other day - its awesome.

Still haven't got it but I'm not fussed. I decided to pay for an anyway jersey instead as they look much better. I could have been a scab like you who would have probably bombarded centrebet with email after email until you got your charity jersey but it doesn't faze me. I'm happier with the away jersey.

I didn't need to bombard centrebet (but according to the other thread, you did....) they just sent me the voucher as promised. Karma's a bitch huh?

It gets under his skin because he is a whinger. He is someone that is not happy unless he has something to complain about.

codewana said:
Rex, T-Rex could be a star if he tried harder. I'm surprised you don't see that. I'm actually surprised anyone thinks he plays consistently well.

MK Eagle's post sums up what I'm trying to say. Its so obvious how damaging he could be if he wanted to.. I just don't understand why he isn't. Does he not care? Does he get tired? Is he told not to? That's the frustrating part of all of this for me.

DSM5, there may be some people here who feel that we should let Robbo go. I've never been one of them. The only player on our team I'd like to let go is Williams.

Jbb, if you think my point is equivolent to your 'myth 1', then you're obviously not reading them. I don't think he should 'be the most dominant player' nor should he 'send playersskittling at all times'. I just want to see him consistently play with gusto. Again, I don't understand why it seems that only the minority want him to play better....

Please..........................give it a rest!!!! Des will have him hit his potential (if it is as good as we know it can be) or otherwise let him go!! In the meantime, we can all enjoy him running over Billy and "leveling" others!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6