Tooves and Kelly go at it over Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
By heated, you sure tooves wasnt just having a normal conversation, his normal convos sound like he his angry most of the time :D

I agree the halves are the priority. But it does concern me if there talking about throwing money at him. Unless they know the halves are going to sign (fingers crossed)

One thing we should all realise and know for certain, Toovey and Kelly will know exactly who is staying and who is leaving loooong before any of us know for sure. They'll make the best decisions for the club in regards to retention and signings. All we have to do is enjoy the ride. :)

My only minor concern (call it paranoia, if you will) is that Zorba has Tooves in his sights and that is what the leak is really about. I seriously hope not.

One thing we should all realise and know for certain, Toovey and Kelly will know exactly who is staying and who is leaving loooong before any of us know for sure. They'll make the best decisions for the club in regards to retention and signings. All we have to do is enjoy the ride. :)
Enjoy the flight mazgrame . Remember we are Sea eagles !!! :)

Lol average my ass. One of the best in the league. Better than anyone on our books.
I agree. I said it last year that I think he will end up being the best of the Burgess brothers. He averaged 128m per game off the bench; our two best props were around 88 & 93. He is far from average and still just a kid - he would be great at Manly. Having said that, I agree our priority is re-signing our halves.

Wise words indeed !!

Our new CEO would have intimate knowledge of the mixos cap situation....IMO if the story is accurate then to me it suggests that one of our halves is gone post 2015 AND we are either ; going to make a serious play at a top line forward OR making the mixos dedicate more of their cap space to keep the burgess boy , whilst the whole time , our real target was/is a mixo half...just a thought...... Worst case regarding the story is , it is a leak designed to give Toovs the shytes and possibly show that he wont be making the decisions with regards to retention and the like, as those decisions will be made by the owners and their appointees only ????

This would not at all surprise me,

Zorba is a vindictive bastard, and if Tooves even went against him once he'd be on the " payback time" list for sure.

Zorba always has to have a war. His new hobby horse is tooves.
2v tells him where to go and will not and never has listened to Zorba.

Zorba has power in the camp again as he is married to Rick Penns sister.
If we start losing games , just read the tellecrap , Slothfield and Ritchie will open up on 2v at zorbas request.
Zorba tells every one around town that he wants De$$ back.
Thats his big new plan.

Kelly has already said we won't keep both. I'd say Foz gone, DCE to stay. He's trying to recruit forward power but surely we can do better than Tom B.

If we have a rough start to the season I can see a major hatchet job on 2V by mid year.

Our new CEO would have intimate knowledge of the mixos cap situation....IMO if the story is accurate then to me it suggests that one of our halves is gone post 2015 AND we are either ; going to make a serious play at a top line forward OR making the mixos dedicate more of their cap space to keep the burgess boy , whilst the whole time , our real target was/is a mixo half...just a thought...... Worst case regarding the story is , it is a leak designed to give Toovs the shytes and possibly show that he wont be making the decisions with regards to retention and the like, as those decisions will be made by the owners and their appointees only ????

I agree and the worry is that Zorba a Penn rep on the board tells everyone, he speaks to Joe Kelly every day. Coffee at Narrabeen Surf club or a phone call.
If this is right 2v has no chance.

Agreed. Tom is anything but average. He makes excellent metres, and scores tries (unlike the majority of our props - checks the stats!). He would be a good replacement for Willie, helping to provide Manly with a sizable go-forward pack. But he'd be very expensive.

I do not see a supposed blow up between Tooves and Kelly as a major issue. This can be healthy as they say what they believe. From my limited expertise in setting up teams if you have a dominating pack the halves will usually look good whatever their ability. In Foz and DCE we have the best. If we lose one then I would spend more money on the FRF supply. I think Tom is a good option. He has been slower to develop then the other 3 but hey at 22 he may not reach his peak for another 5 years!!

Zorba always has to have a war. His new hobby horse is tooves.
2v tells him where to go and will not and never has listened to Zorba.

Zorba has power in the camp again as he is married to Rick Penns sister.
If we start losing games , just read the tellecrap , Slothfield and Ritchie will open up on 2v at zorbas request.
Zorba tells every one around town that he wants De$$ back.
Thats his big new plan.

If this happened a lot of people ( me included) wouldn't be renewing our memberships, if that traitor is allowed back in the doors then it's " Sayonara" from me!!

There's many on here that love Zorba, so I'm expecting to be shot down as usual , but for Manly to really progress from the dim dark days of the past there's one more thing that has to happen, he either retires or dies!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2