Top 25

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
My thoughts on the Top 25 but in reality the club can't name it until the future is confirmed about Steve Matai and Brett Stewart but I assume they won't be on the roster after Cleary said they'd have a fitting farewell if they don't pass the fitness tests.

Brown, Lewis
Cherry-Evans, Daly
Cullen, Cameron
Fonua-Blake, Addin
Green, Blake
Hastings, Jackson
Kelly, Brian
Kennedy, Jarrad
Koroisau, Apisai
Lane, Shaun
Lawrence, Brenton
Lussick, Darcy
Myles, Nate
Perrett, Lloyd
Sironen, Curtis
Taufua, Jorge
Taupau, Martin
Trbojevic, Jake
Trbojevic, Tom
Uate, Akuila
Walker, Dylan
Walker, John
Winterstein, Frank
Wright, Jonathan
Wright, Matthew

The guy that is alw
Who is John Walker?
He was released last year

More hype from our recruitment team who failed to last even one year

Walker latest recruit for new look team
c4dd134940168f81f7bdb4d2bd7157a5

Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
September 14, 2015 4:59pm
c4dd134940168f81f7bdb4d2bd7157a5

THE Sea Eagles have once again gotten under the guard of rugby by signing another outstanding young player from the rival code.

Former St Augustine’s College student John Walker was earmarked for a big career by the Australian Rugby Union and had trained with the Australian Sevens.

He will join St Joseph’s College fullback Tom Wright at Manly as part of the club’s rebuilding campaign. The talented duo will share digs on the northern beaches.

Walker, 18, hails from Scone. He came to St Augustine’s in Year 10 on an ARU scholarship and played representative rugby for NSW.

But just before the Australian Schoolboys competition last year, he broke his ankle.

At the end of last year, he was drafted into the Australian Sevens program and the Waratahs under-20s before hurting his ankle once more.

“I was in the end of my recovery program when I got a call from Scott Fulton asking if I wanted to have a run with the Sea Eagles,” Walker said.

Sea Eagles recruit John Walker.
“It just came out of nowhere.”

Walker, who played league as a youngster, decided to give it another crack despite giving up the chance Sevens offered of travelling the world.

“With the injuries and all the time I had out, I started losing interest in rugby and I just needed a new fire, so I decided to give league a go,” he said.

Walker will start training with the Sea Eagles’ NRL squad under new coach Trent Barrett in early November and is expected to play second row and centre.

Meanwhile, new Sea Eagles hooker Matt Parcell lived up to the hype by scoring an amazing five tries for the Ipswich Jets in their 44-18 win over Brisbane Easts in a Queensland Cup semi-final on the weekend.

In his Manly Daily column on Saturday, Peter Peters wrote that big things were expected from the 21-year-old, who will be involved in a tussle for the No.9 jumper with club stalwart Matt Ballin and Penrith recruit Apisai Koroisau.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m/news-story/c4dd134940168f81f7bdb4d2bd7157a5

It was reported somewhere on here, late last year that John Walker had been released !!!... it would be exceedingly nice if the club produced a list of who is actually currently contracted, likely to be retained or is on train & trial .... surely even if its in the secret members business zone

My thoughts on the Top 25 but in reality the club can't name it until the future is confirmed about Steve Matai and Brett Stewart but I assume they won't be on the roster after Cleary said they'd have a fitting farewell if they don't pass the fitness tests.

Brown, Lewis
Cherry-Evans, Daly
Cullen, Cameron
Fonua-Blake, Addin
Green, Blake
Hastings, Jackson
Kelly, Brian
Kennedy, Jarrad
Koroisau, Apisai
Lane, Shaun
Lawrence, Brenton
Lussick, Darcy
Myles, Nate
Perrett, Lloyd
Sironen, Curtis
Taufua, Jorge
Taupau, Martin
Trbojevic, Jake
Trbojevic, Tom
Uate, Akuila
Walker, Dylan
Walker, John
Winterstein, Frank
Wright, Jonathan
Wright, Matthew

I'm assuming the previous report about J Walker being released is true and so I'd substitute him for Charlie Faainga, and I'd put in Brad Parker for possibly one of J or M Wright

I'm assuming the previous report about J Walker being released is true and so I'd substitute him for Charlie Faainga, and I'd put in Brad Parker for possibly one of J or M Wright

It is a matter of how much they are paid, not picking who you want. If Snake and Matai are retired it will simply lift the 26th and 27th highest paid players into the 25. If for example Parker or Hoppa was the 28th highest paid and you wanted him in the 25 you would have to renegotiate his contract to pay him more than the current 27th.

Definitely a list that is unlikely to move us out of the bottom 4. So when we serve up another season like last will there be another cull of players as well as the coaching staff ??
I so hope not otherwise we'll be lost in the wilderness for years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8