Top 3 Manly wins (non finals)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
All time favourite Sea Eagles victories, non finals.
1. After years of misery we won the premiership in 87 then in rd 3 1988.
Manly 64 def Slime 12
2. On the march to another title rd 25 2011
Manly 18 def Scum 4
3. After the betrayal of Judas, and the infamous Be Manly, Be a Bulldog
Rd 8 2012
Manly 12 Def Sea Beagles 10

My fav game was the Manly V. Tigers a few years back when Snake collected a Matt Orford chip kick from above Benji's head to win the game. I lost my ****. Still haven't found it either.

MWSE said:
My fav game was the Manly V. Tigers a few years back when Snake collected a Matt Orford chip kick from above Benji's head to win the game. I lost my s**t. Still haven't found it either.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1MU7PCTlE

Ceagle said:
MWSE said:
My fav game was the Manly V. Tigers a few years back when Snake collected a Matt Orford chip kick from above Benji's head to win the game. I lost my s**t. Still haven't found it either.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1MU7PCTlE

Thats gold. Yes!

1987 Prelim Final v Easts on a dustbowl SCG.We one 10-6.Toughest game i have witnessed live.

1978 Title,not so much both GF's but the unbelieveable road we had to hoe to get there.

Parramatta flogging. 64-12 after they led 12-0 at home from some sterlo grubbers i think.Rowdy carved them up after that.The fact we did it away means it just pips the Saints 61-Nil.

sorry.missed the non finals bit.

2 massive games with full house at brookie back in the mid 80's one against Tigers when Roach got marched for patting ref on head. The other was against dogs time running out and some Cliffy magic got us home in the end. It was a vital game and the place went ballistic when we scored.

Easts last year we had kids playing against the previous years Grand Finalist and belted them.

A little of kilter but round 26 last year i know it was a lost but look at the circumstances Broncos at full strength, us with 7 players either suspended or injured and we almost pulled of a miracle and beat them.

Great topic!

My fav win this year was the game against the Ponies up in Brissie. My first MWTS tour & first time to Suncorp stadium. Wolfy's try in the corner to win the game in the final minute WOW!!! :D

Top 3 non finals wins - will have to think further about this one...

2008 at Parra

Bani stretchered off, Beaver hammy blown, Williamson knocked out and a couple of others injured as well, and we come from behind to win. When I saw Bryant returning a kick off on 1 leg I knew we were winning the comp that year

Mals said:
Great topic!

My fav win this year was the game against the Ponies up in Brissie. My first MWTS tour & first time to Suncorp stadium. Wolfy's try in the corner to win the game in the final minute WOW!!! :D

That WAS an incredible atmosphere, to be in the MWTS herd when that happened was awsome!!

Can't think of the exact game date or year (maybe 91-93, but when Terry Hill was about our only star we had at the time, playing in round 26 to avoid the Wooden Spoon, home game at Brookvale V the side running first AND Premiers that year (Bronco's) Tezza runs up the sideline, in about the 76th minute and knocks about 20 players over and scores in the corner to win the game and avoid the spoon.

I have never been as emotional as that day, balled like a baby!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mals said:
Great topic!

That WAS an incredible atmosphere, to be in the MWTS herd when that happened was awsome!!

Can't think of the exact game date or year (maybe 91-93, but when Terry Hill was about our only star we had at the time, playing in round 26 to avoid the Wooden Spoon, home game at Brookvale V the side running first AND Premiers that year (Bronco's) Tezza runs up the sideline, in about the 76th minute and knocks about 20 players over and scores in the corner to win the game and avoid the spoon.

I have never been as emotional as that day, balled like a baby!!

1999. About 26-4 down and Sterlo is talking about the Brisbane victory sawn up. Manly produced a blistering 25mins, Hill makes a couple of breaks down the right, Reeves knocks a couple over from the sideline and it ends up a 26-26 draw after a couple of unsuccessful field goal attempts. Fatty is going off in the background as well.

Re: the Brisbane result at Suncorp, I found it more enjoyable sitting amongst some very vocal Broncos fans calling the game wrapped up with a couple to go and Manly working it out from 20mtrs out. The silence immediately around me as they try and process what just happened with a minute to go, was priceless.

Round 6 - 2008. Manly decimated by injury beat the Eels at Parramatta 20-16, they were hammered in penalties also I remember. That game told me we were in for a great year

About Round 12 in 1987. Rex Mossop: "Oh! They are crucifying them Manly!". Belted the lights out of Tigers on a sunny Sunday at Brookie. Cliffy & Rambo on fire. Balmain were in 1st place & Manly in 2nd. I think was Kevin Ward's first game too. Won 48-14.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8