Top 3 Manly wins (non finals)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brissie Kid said:
About Round 12 in 1987. Rex Mossop: "Oh! They are crucifying them Manly!". Belted the lights out of Tigers on a sunny Sunday at Brookie. Cliffy & Rambo on fire. Balmain were in 1st place & Manly in 2nd. I think was Kevin Ward's first game too. Won 48-14.

Go Big Kev!

Round 5 2011, Cronulla vs Manly. Down 13-0 after about 67 minutes, Foran and then Rose score to take us to within a point, DCE kicks a field goal with his left foot to tie it up and Oldfield scores a beautiful try off a Lyon kick on the last play of the game to win it. Best finish I've ever witnessed.

1995 during our 15 game run I think.
Manly v Canberra in Canberra.
Canberra have a red hot team - Daley, Meninga, Belcher, Ferguson, Clyde.
We have a handy lead. Then we lose 1 bloke to the sin bin. Not long after Tooves does his nut and goes to the bin as well. We are down to 11 and Canberra score a couple of tries to get back in it.
But we manage to hang on.
I still remember Rabs commentary when Hopoate scores a try,
"Hopoate does the herdy gerdy and goes in to score".
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the memories :)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
There are many, many top Manly wins. Some have been........

1994, Manly 61 Dragons 0.
1996 Round 15, Manly 44 Parramatta 0, Tooves captained Manly to an awesome win..!!
2011 Round 11, Manly 24 Broncos 22, Wolfman scored a try in the 79th minute, to take the game, great stuff..!!

Manly To Win! said:
Round 5 2011, Cronulla vs Manly. Down 13-0 after about 67 minutes, Foran and then Rose score to take us to within a point, DCE kicks a field goal with his left foot to tie it up and Oldfield scores a beautiful try off a Lyon kick on the last play of the game to win it. Best finish I've ever witnessed.

Fantastic finish, I was standing on the hill near where Oldy touched down with a couple of mates who were Sharks fans & the look on their faces.... PRICELESS!! :D

Another fond Shark memory is 2008, in the last few rounds we pumped Cronulla at RonsonEndeavourCaltexToyotaShark ParkOval. They were a top 4 side and ended up finishing equal second that year and had premiership potential.

We completely out-muscled and out-enthused them that day. We found an extra gear and gave them a taste of what the next level looks like. That was the day I felt confident we had the side to win the comp that year. We stepped it up and bashed a serious contender on their home ground. They never knew what hit them. It was pretty much a perfect 80 minute performance by us, solid stinging defence, good ball control and completions, and quality crisp attack.

I'm with Clint - the 1995 win at Bruce Stadium was a classic. The Raiders hadn't been beaten at home for about two years and the crowd was around the 24000 mark. Bumped into a Raider-supporting work colleague on the way out and his only comment was "You are the last person I wanted to see after this game..." Very enjoyable. Took a while to get out of the carpark after the match but made it home in time to watch the replay.

Add me to Clint & ABTK - I was at that Canberra game. Cliff took intercept near the end & got a try from it to win the game. Sent Raiders fans into meltdown. The next Sunday was at Brookie & we rolled the Broncos. What a week that was!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6