TRADE OFF WITH TITANS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You definitely wouldn't want to sign someone just on the strength of a 4 minute video, but looking closer is Dave Warwick's problem.

On the strength of that video alone, it definitely looks like he's the guy to chase to fill DCE's shoes. He's fast, has good vision, kicks accurately, tackles well, and looks composed. Even if he's not the best he could be yet, if he came here and worked with Joey for a bit, and played behind the forwards we'll be able to afford with DCE's forgone pay check, he could be pretty special. Him and Foran looks like a pretty promising halves pairing.

The thought of Hodgkinson makes me cringe.

Love the look of Elgey (based on 4 min clip and his awards), but....
managed by ORR.
If this happens & he makes it guess what's next!
Can we sign him subject to him replacing his manager???

As good as his highlights are lets remember guys like apparent superstar Beau Henry, wonderkid Jordan Rankin, even our own Josh Drinkwater who looked very good in a bad team. Even Ben Hunt took a good 4 seasons before he established himself. Players like DCE are very rare in he hit first grade straight away and hasn't really had a poor run of form which should see him dropped like other boom halfbacks. As a few others I'm not saying he isnt worth it but let's just ease back on the expectations on a guy who we don't really know if the club is interested in.

What does everyone think about having your 6 and 7 playing side by side again, like the old days when attacking. A couple of the commentators brought it up during the Friday night game.

I think I might like to see that again. Surely it would bamboozle the opposition. They wouldn't be in 2 minds about what is going to happen, they'd be in about 5 minds! Having a half on either side makes for some predictable plays sometimes, that are easy to read, and shut down.

Thoughts? I'd like to hear your thoughts @Technical Coach

Where do you sign players from then? every player comes from the holden cup if we just disregard it who do we sign?
We need a half back ready for 2016-someone who has played first grade.
This pie in the sky thread is just panic, panic, panic.
Any young halfback recruit will take 2-3 years to be ready for NRL.
We just spent years developing DCE and he just walked out the door. I would rather Daniel Mortimer any day. At least I know he is up for it.
Personally, I wish the club would do a deal to send DCE north this year, but it is probably a little late for that now.
It is just a ****fight any way you look at it.

Last edited:
We need a half back ready for 2016-someone who has play first grade.
We just spent years developing DCE and he just walked out the door. I would rather Daniel Mortimer any day. At least I know he is up for it.
Personally, I with the club would do a deal to send DCE north this year, but it is probably a little late for that now.
nah if we're rebuilding I'd rather the more gifted kid that needs some work. I'd prefer long term success than short term mediocrity. There aren't really any good veteran halves available for next year. 5/8s sure but not halfbacks

We need a half back ready for 2016-someone who has play first grade.
Personally, I with the club would do a deal to send DCE north this year, but it is probably a little late for that now.

We have 2 options we buy a halfback ready for 2016 and none of the off contract halfs are top notch or we sign a good young talent and put time into him. People who think it's going 2 be a quick fix are dreaming 2 have 2 international halves walk out on the club is embarrassing and has set us back 5 years. We have a heap of money but no quality 2 spend it on.

Aaron GROOOOOOOOOOM-he had the best highlight reel I ever seen!!!!
Desperado's all over this site with NFI

Aaron Groom was not a Junior Kangaroo so essentially the best halfback in his age group. Yes no guarantee that he will make it but there was no guarantee when we bought Hodkinson or DCE.

nah if we're rebuilding I'd rather the more gifted kid that needs some work. I'd prefer long term success than short term mediocrity. There aren't really any good veteran halves available for next year. 5/8s sure but not halfbacks
That's great mate-I disagree.
Like I said Daniel Mortimer is no slouch. But if our ****ing forwards don't pick up, it wont matter who the 1/2 is.
Do a deal to swap DCE with Mortimer & Bird now-then maybe this year won't be the dead loss it is shaping up to be. Anyone who thinks Bird is some career drug addict is deluded. There are probably players in our squad who have done exactly the same.
One thing for certain-nobody will ever question Bird's ticker-he is a winner

why would you take a player that if found guilty will be banned by wada? I don't think he's a druggo but I do think he'll be suspended for a significant period of time

That's great mate-I disagree.
Like I said Daniel Mortimer is no slouch. But if our ****ing forwards don't pick up, it wont matter who the 1/2 is.
Do a deal to swap DCE with Mortimer & Bird now-then maybe this year won't be the dead loss it is shaping up to be. Anyone who thinks Bird is some career drug addict is deluded. There are probably players in our squad who have done exactly the same.
One thing for certain-nobody will ever question Bird's ticker-he is a winner

You going 2 do a swap with a player that is in court on drugs charges? also Mortimer no thanks we have enough NSW cup players in our squad 2 fill 2 teams. Birds career is over if he is found guilty we will not be touching him I know that for certain.

You going 2 do a swap with a player that is in court on drugs charges? also Mortimer no thanks we have enough NSW cup players in our squad 2 fill 2 teams. Birds career is over if he is found guilty we will not be touching him I know that for certain.
No mate-it would depend on the outcome obviously. Maybe I am clutching at straws ;)

The role of a halfback today means FA if the forwards are not up to standard. I hope ours are-as I have previously stated, we will know by Round 8 or so. By then either we are moving forward or **** will hit the fan

I fear for our strategy in recruitment if we even have meetings with Mortimer, Hodkinson, McCullough.. These guys are not the answer.

Bozo I am not saying he is not talented - i just do not think a youtube highlight reel which is

1. Just a tick over 4 minutes long
2. Does not show how he defends
3. Is in the modern day version of touch footy (the youth comp is hardly built on defense)
4. I saw there was a 40/20 kick in there. Do we know if there was a gale force wind behind him? how many other times he went for one and did not pull it off? How many times he took the wrong option?

Is enough of a basis to "sign him up"

Does no one remember the Aaron Groom video from a few years ago? Looked amazing with the ball but it turned out he was just not up to first grade (apart from a few starts here and there)

It is stuff like that that places an unrealistic expectation on a young player by creating a false impression of his play.
True, but he was named player of the year, so that doesn't happen based on a highlights reel. I do agree though, that highlight reels can make the average look good; although, I don't think that is the case here.

the mcculough thing was a beat up. We have a backup hooker that perfectly suits these rule changes. Matty B to 5/8 hodges to hooker. If our forwards can't handle it lets get some roll on with tandem dummy halves. I honestly think rotating the two in dummy half and 5/8 will the best use of the cattle we have and suit the new rules

the mcculough thing was a beat up. We have a backup hooker that perfectly suits these rule changes. Matty B to 5/8 hodges to hooker. If our forwards can't handle it lets get some roll on with tandem dummy halves. I honestly think rotating the two in dummy half and 5/8 will the best use of the cattle we have and suit the new rules
Ballin to 5/8 is ridiculous. It's ridiculous, there needs to be an investigation!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8