Training pic clues?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Quite possibly slow on the uptake here...maybe even very slow...but I’ve just noticed that of the training pics on the club website, there is a clear differentiation between the incumbent first graders and the ‘others’ in the top squad. Existing teamsters seem to train in maroon shirts, and the ‘aspiring players’ train in the white shirts. Could be a clue as to Barret’s Thoughts on squad makeup maybe?

For instance - Jono wright, Tanginoa, Gosiewski etc are in white, and others that ‘may be’ in the first grade team - Frankenstein, Lewis Brown etc, are in maroon. Nothing controversial in this theory yet, other than Tom Wright wearing a maroon singlet.

Of course this could be entirely fashion-related, or something else. But hey...offseason and stuff...

Quite possibly slow on the uptake here...maybe even very slow...but I’ve just noticed that of the training pics on the club website, there is a clear differentiation between the incumbent first graders and the ‘others’ in the top squad. Existing teamsters seem to train in maroon shirts, and the ‘aspiring players’ train in the white shirts. Could be a clue as to Barret’s Thoughts on squad makeup maybe?

For instance - Jono wright, Tanginoa, Gosiewski etc are in white, and others that ‘may be’ in the first grade team - Frankenstein, Lewis Brown etc, are in maroon. Nothing controversial in this theory yet, other than Tom Wright wearing a maroon singlet.

Of course this could be entirely fashion-related, or something else. But hey...offseason and stuff...

I’ve often wondered if there was a ‘possibles v probables’ situation going on or something like that.
It’s so hard to tell. Maybe sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t.
There’s special injury shirts/singlets, non contact shirts, limited duties shirts. We have green, Maroon, white, orange.. what’s the different colour meanings too!?

I always thought wearing the different colour bibs had something to do with players who are being monitored because they have been injured.

Could well be during drills, the different colours helps distinguish opposition in competitive style training.

I’ve often wondered if there was a ‘possibles v probables’ situation going on or something like that.
It’s so hard to tell. Maybe sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t.
There’s special injury shirts/singlets, non contact shirts, limited duties shirts. We have green, Maroon, white, orange.. what’s the different colour meanings too!?

What dummy spit @Freagle ?
I’m not being sarcastic, I liked your post and I’m curious about that stuff too

What dummy spit @Freagle ?
I’m not being sarcastic, I liked your post and I’m curious about that stuff too

I think you will find it was @Ange who gave you the dummy spit ... rather than an opinion it was probably the result of two left thumbs ....

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Wasn’t me - was someone called “ange”. And yes... seems completely unjustified to me!

Yeh sorry for the confusion @Freagle
@Woodsie pointed out it was probably a button mash, and that it came from @Ange instead : )
My attentiveness was the first thing to go into public holiday mode ; )

I might ask Donny Singe on facebook about the training singlets and 'colours algorithm'. He's always happy to reply!
He posted yet another update/comment on the boys yesterday as he still regulary does.
He's always praising the club and when I asked him when he's coming back to Manly- he said he's keen for the call! :call::)

Donny Singe
22 hrs ·

I saw Daley Cherry Evans and the backs today having some lunch before diving back into their day. They look good and Chez let me know the obvious....... they are working hard!! Chez is a hard worker and has done plenty for me..... if he says it’s hard I’ll take that as an accurate gauge
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png

8c83c87f-a5ac-4ed2-83ef-cc0edaa38ea6

Last edited:
You gotta love the off Season , conspiracy theories , rumours, innuendo, this place has it all.

Must say even as an avid cricket fan I’m sorta over that already.

Bring on March!!

Watching Toff Sipley interview today and the training shots he is in Maroon so he is obviously in the top squad. Marty T is in white so he looks to be lining up for a Blacktown. I know NZ had a poor World Cup but Baz is a hard marker.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8