trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I used to always buy Coon cheese, but not anymore since they caved in and changed it's name to Chee, for God's sake Coon was the name of the guy who first created it.
What do the call raccoons nowadays?
Friend of mine came over here from Scotland, and nearly died when he found "Tasty Shaved Coon" in the supermarket !

I used to always buy Coon cheese, but not anymore since they caved in and changed it's name to Chee, for God's sake Coon was the name of the guy who first created it.
Ha, I have done exactly the same. Now buy Bega

Won't ever buy it again. On principle.

What a weird thing for people to get upset about.

Who cares if a cheese brand changes their name for whatever reason they want too.
I think the thing about that is they were forced into changing it by , well who knows , cancel culture , the woke brigade , social media influencers ( take your pick ) and they didn’t really want to as it had been called that since Mr C named the cheese 80 years ago. The cost to change it , and then market it would have been immense.

Don’t know if you heard this but in Dubbo there’s a butchers shop with the same name as the cheese ( the old name ) , been in operation for 40 years run by the family of that name, yes that’s their actual last name !!

They were forced into changing the name of their business largely because the CBA who they banked with refused to let them run an account with that name in it EVEN though it was their actual family name.

The C word ( their last name ) couldn’t be used anywhere on the account.

Honestly , I find both instances ridiculous.

I don’t buy the cheese , never have , but I’d be less inclined to buy it after the company caved in.

The world has gone absolutely crazy!!

I “ almost “ got suspended from Facebook for calling my Greek school mate “ wog boy”. We’ve been mates for 60 years , he calls me “ whitey “ .

I tagged him into a post from Mindil Markets in Darwin when I found a Greek food van operating ( he operates one now too) and said “ you’ll have to lift your hand wog boy because this has better food than you do “, and because I’d “ checked in” within a few hours I was an inch away from being suspended.

Yep I’m old school , and a Boomer but Bugger me there’s some precious pansies out there that would report that !!

This is a tough debate. I can see points on both sides.

I wonder what would happen if say someone was going to prison for a very long time, and before hand, they got reconstructive surgery to become a woman? Would they go to a mens prison, or a woman's?

I know that's kind of unrelated, but yeah, weird. Don't want to offend anyone.
In regards to the prison question ,either way they are probably going to be forceably picking up soap.

I think the thing about that is they were forced into changing it by , well who knows , cancel culture , the woke brigade , social media influencers ( take your pick ) and they didn’t really want to as it had been called that since Mr C named the cheese 80 years ago. The cost to change it , and then market it would have been immense.

Don’t know if you heard this but in Dubbo there’s a butchers shop with the same name as the cheese ( the old name ) , been in operation for 40 years run by the family of that name, yes that’s their actual last name !!

They were forced into changing the name of their business largely because the CBA who they banked with refused to let them run an account with that name in it EVEN though it was their actual family name.

I don’t buy the cheese , never have , but I’d be less inclined to buy it after the company caved in.

I “ almost “ got suspended from Facebook for calling my Greek school mate “ wog boy”. We’ve been mates for 60 years , he calls me “ whitey “ .

I tagged him into a post from Mindil Markets in Darwin when I found a Greek food van operating ( he operates one now too) and said “ you’ll have to lift your hand wog boy because this has better food than you do “, and because I’d “ checked in” within a few hours I was an inch away from being suspended.

Yep I’m old school , and a Boomer but Bugger me there’s some precious pansies out there that would report that !!
You can still watch the original Dambusters movie with the original script/dialogue with the Captains black labrador actual name. Watched it a few months ago on Fox Classics and Channel 9. I am suprised 9 showed the actual film not the edited version since they are so Woke.

They weren't forced to change it, they made a business decision to change it.

Sure that was due to social pressure but they as a business ultimately acted it what they believed was in their best interests as a organisation.

Now I'm not one to get in a generational war as...well to be honest I kinda land in the middle.

But as precious as some are about the name of a cheese there are just as many precious about a cheese company changing its name.

I find it all amusing

boomers: millennials are soft I tells ya!

also boomers: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I wont buy cheese because it can't be plastered with a racist name waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

talk about the footy grandpas or take it outside.

They weren't forced to change it, they made a business decision to change it.

Sure that was due to social pressure but they as a business ultimately acted it what they believed was in their best interests as a organisation.

Now I'm not one to get in a generational war as...well to be honest I kinda land in the middle.

But as precious as some are about the name of a cheese there are just as many precious about a cheese company changing its name.

I find it all amusing

Funny, I never correlated the name of the cheese with racism in any way? Jeez we are getting more precious by the day.

We are getting side tracked so I'll soon stop but my last example of two sides both acting ridiculous.

I saw an older distant family member go on a full blown and honestly overly dramatic rant on socials because he watched Aladdin with his grand daughter and they had a disclaimer before hand about misrepresentation and cultural insensitivity.

Now do I personally think the disclaimer is a little over the top.....yes

Do I also think a grown man losing his marbles about a 2 second disclaimer being shown before a movie is over the top.....yes

This is a tough debate. I can see points on both sides.

I wonder what would happen if say someone was going to prison for a very long time, and before hand, they got reconstructive surgery to become a woman? Would they go to a mens prison, or a woman's?

I know that's kind of unrelated, but yeah, weird. Don't want to offend anyone.
Ryan your mind works in a mysterious way !

Just sayin’

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10