trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently you can’t call a a girl “ Miss” any more , because maybe they are a Mrs , or a “ non binary gender “ ( whatever the **** that means ).

So you call them Ms, and even that offends some !!

Damned if you do damned if you don’t .
That is not right in my experience

You need to understand what someone's pro nouns are. They could very well be Miss - the change is that you ask and do not assume.

For me, considering some (not all) could take offence by the wrong pro noun, there is no issue in asking

I think the thing about that is they were forced into changing it by , well who knows , cancel culture , the woke brigade , social media influencers ( take your pick ) and they didn’t really want to as it had been called that since Mr C named the cheese 80 years ago. The cost to change it , and then market it would have been immense.

Don’t know if you heard this but in Dubbo there’s a butchers shop with the same name as the cheese ( the old name ) , been in operation for 40 years run by the family of that name, yes that’s their actual last name !!

They were forced into changing the name of their business largely because the CBA who they banked with refused to let them run an account with that name in it EVEN though it was their actual family name.

The C word ( their last name ) couldn’t be used anywhere on the account.

Honestly , I find both instances ridiculous.

I don’t buy the cheese , never have , but I’d be less inclined to buy it after the company caved in.

The world has gone absolutely crazy!!

I “ almost “ got suspended from Facebook for calling my Greek school mate “ wog boy”. We’ve been mates for 60 years , he calls me “ whitey “ .

I tagged him into a post from Mindil Markets in Darwin when I found a Greek food van operating ( he operates one now too) and said “ you’ll have to lift your hand wog boy because this has better food than you do “, and because I’d “ checked in” within a few hours I was an inch away from being suspended.

Yep I’m old school , and a Boomer but Bugger me there’s some precious pansies out there that would report that !!
I agree with your view

But on the side, this butcher shop wasn't named Coon Butchers was it ?
Say that aloud, I can see why it wasn't registered,though I saw the irony and cracked up I'm sure some would take extreme offence to it.

I agree with your view

But on the side, this butcher shop wasn't named Coon Butchers was it ?
Say that aloud, I can see why it wasn't registered,though I saw the irony and cracked up I'm sure some would take extreme offence to it.
Yes that was the name , the peoples family name , owned and operated by them ( and still is ) for 40 years.

Not sure if they’ve had to change the name as well but that is indeed their last name !!

That is not right in my experience

You need to understand what someone's pro nouns are. They could very well be Miss - the change is that you ask and do not assume.

For me, considering some (not all) could take offence by the wrong pro noun, there is no issue in asking
In my business days , if I knew they were married I’d address a letter to ,

Mrs Jane Smith

If I didn’t know I’d address it to

Ms Jane Smith

I was criticised a few times for calling a girl Ms “ I’m not married so Im a Miss”.

Look this is a few years ago so maybe they’ve all changed today but I just ( and still) don’t get the Ms thing.

If you’re married and you’ve taken your husbands name your “ Mrs Jane Smith “.

If you are married and you have kept your maiden name you’re Miss Jane Brown.

To me it’s just this ridiculous PC world we live where we have to tippy toe around on tender hooks making sure we don’t offend someone !!

In my business days , if I knew they were married I’d address a letter to ,

Mrs Jane Smith

If I didn’t know I’d address it to

Ms Jane Smith

I was criticised a few times for calling a girl Ms “ I’m not married so Im a Miss”.

Look this is a few years ago so maybe they’ve all changed today but I just ( and still) don’t get the Ms thing.

If you’re married and you’ve taken your husbands name your “ Mrs Jane Smith “.

If you are married and you have kept your maiden name you’re Miss Jane Brown.

To me it’s just this ridiculous PC world we live where we have to tippy toe around on tender hooks making sure we don’t offend someone !!
Mark you have always struck me as a polite guy

Is it really that bad that you might need to be sure of how to address someone especially if it causes them offense? Now I get you (and to be honest i struggle with elements of it) do totally get the whole gender id part but i do believe that a little inconvenience from me will help some people who might struggle otherwise

Mark you have always struck me as a polite guy

Is it really that bad that you might need to be sure of how to address someone especially if it causes them offense? Now I get you (and to be honest i struggle with elements of it) do totally get the whole gender id part but i do believe that a little inconvenience from me will help some people who might struggle otherwise
Fair enough.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
How would you address a letter to a male. The men will be called Mr.. You can't see that some might think less of the woman because she is married or not?

How would you address a letter to a male. The men will be called Mr.. You can't see that some might think less of the woman because she is married or not?
Ridiculous statement

Thinking less of a woman because of what’s in front of her name , as if !!

I’m just glad people are finally showing an interest in women’s sport, and all it took was outrage about transgender people.

This decision seems logical to me. Hopefully people can stop using transgender people as political footballs. Wonder what they’ll be outraged about next.

Thought that Steve Coe , the former great long distance runner and Athletic' s head official gave a good reference as did Cate Campbell the swimmer . Something like good to have opportunity and fairness but fairness should always be the priority

Thank **** for that. Need to keep the integrity of Women International Rugby League World Cups intact. When is it again? Still allowed to represent a country if you can point to it on a map?

Play for Tonga every 2nd year but if you get picked for Australia you can represent Australia until you get dropped then you can go back to representing Tonga.

Thought that Steve Coe , the former great long distance runner and Athletic' s head official gave a good reference as did Cate Campbell the swimmer . Something like good to have opportunity and fairness but fairness should always be the priority
I liked his line…biology before gender always.

I always found the Caster Semenya case interesting. She was born as she was, underwent no intervention. What makes her elevated testosterone more of an unfair advantage than someone born with faster twitch muscles, or basketballers who are ****ing tall.

This just seems like a bigger deal than it needs to be. Are there any transgender people who even wanted to play in the World Cup? Enough they needed to make an announcement? Keeps the masses happy I guess, to hell with the vulnerable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6