trans athletes ... and cheeses and paddlepops

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Branding is about positioning your product as favourably as possible to your consuming public.

A name change would have been researched extensively, weighing up the brand recognition V the negative conotation from the name (justified or not). They would have weighed up the customers lost by keeping the name and customers lost by changing and they would have modelled that over the coming years.

Make no mistake, they are doing what is the financially correct decision for themselves. No concern for the snowflakes or boomers or anyone having histronics either way.

Its simple business, if they thought they make more money by keeping Coon....they would.

Society ain't declining on the back on this, one generation aint better another a company is just looking to sell as much cheese as they can

Thanks for the egg sucking lesson ... once presented with the activism ... I'm 100% certain they did all the correct marketing research to decide if it was a fight they could win.

The question you seem adept to ignoring ... is would they have changed their name if the outraged activists hadn't started a hate campaign.

They weren't forced to change it, they made a business decision to change it.

Sure that was due to social pressure but they as a business ultimately acted it what they believed was in their best interests as a organisation.

Now I'm not one to get in a generational war as...well to be honest I kinda land in the middle.

But as precious as some are about the name of a cheese there are just as many precious about a cheese company changing its name.

I find it all amusing
If you believe it was a business decision you are delusional. Straight up cancel culture.
‘You may find it amusing, but I fkn hate it. Where does it stop? How much history will be re-written because of a bunch of lefty woke snowflakes.

Unlike those that cared that a 100 year old company named after it's founder Mr. Coon was blackmailed into changing their name by a bunch of faceless woke keyboard activists. Some think if they can do that, next minute, they'll be demanding statues be pulled down.

It is a sad indictment of a person that he can't see the difference between a centuries old surname ... and a racial insult ..
How about get your facts straight? The idea that company was named after that bloke is thoroughly debunked and that is easy to check for anyone who is capable of a simple google search.

Of course if you have evidence to the contrary you will share it here.

If you believe it was a business decision you are delusional. Straight up cancel culture.
‘You may find it amusing, but I fkn hate it. Where does it stop? How much history will be re-written because of a bunch of lefty woke snowflakes.

Explain to me how it's not a business decision?

History being re-written.....haha wow.

Okay if it's upset you then fair enough but who are you outraged on behalf of?

Thanks for the egg sucking lesson ... once presented with the activism ... I'm 100% certain they did all the correct marketing research to decide if it was a fight they could win.

The question you seem adept to ignoring ... is would they have changed their name if the outraged activists hadn't started a hate campaign.
Oh I'm not ignoring it, I stated from the very start that I think people getting worked up over the name is over the top.

My point is that is equally over the top for people to get into a tiss over a product rebranding and declaring they would be boycotting buying it.

I think Millenials and Boomers both have cohorts that just love rally against something.

How about get your facts straight? The idea that company was named after that bloke is thoroughly debunked and that is easy to check for anyone who is capable of a simple google search.

Of course if you have evidence to the contrary you will share it here.

Kicking over the chess pieces and claiming victory is a wonderful strategy ...

But please provide your proof of debunking for my consideration.

Oh I'm not ignoring it, I stated from the very start that I think people getting worked up over the name is over the top.

My point is that is equally over the top for people to get into a tiss over a product rebranding and declaring they would be boycotting buying it.

I think Millenials and Boomers both have cohorts that just love rally against something.

Yep .. I'm starting to see why you don't get it ..

Yep .. I'm starting to see why you don't get it ..
Obviously

Cheese shares name with racist term, some voice displeasure with term.
Company decides to rebrand.

Life moves on for majority of population.

Some though 18 month later remain outraged by civilisations downfall by said cheese rebrand.

Keep fighting the good fight though.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Obviously

Cheese shares name with racist term, some voice displeasure with term.
Company decides to rebrand.

Life moves on for majority of population.

Some though 18 month later remain outraged by civilisations downfall by said cheese rebrand.

Keep fighting the good fight though.

And you keep being a champion of tolerance and apathy ...

Quoting Chris Smiths opinion.....yeah
Why? Because that’s how I feel about it.
Should I have got a sound bite from the ABC…would that make you happy.
So up next is Pauls because of the name smarter whiter milk. Apparently that’s racist.
Do you see where I am coming from @Disco ? It is a slippery slope, which is being shown.
The PC brigade are (and will continue) to cherry pick anything that can remotely be seen as antagonistic. Why? Because they can now.
Anyway we can go back and forth until the cows come home. You’ve got your views and I’ve got mine. So I’ll leave it there. If you want to bite back feel free, I’m done.

Tolerance is something we should all strive for.

Apathy, in this case...the case of a cheese changing names, guilty as charged!
No, what we need to strive for is the wisdom to know what to tolerate .. and what to
be intolerant of.

My opinion on all this is simply

We cater for the 1% who are outraged because society gives them the most publicity.

Rather than catering for the 99% who don’t give a ****.

I grew up in a large aboriginal community with many black fella mates ( still mates ).

I would never use or call them the N word that’s hated by all coloured people, but I certainly use the word “ Murrie” , as do they.

It’s not a racial slur it’s who they identify as being “ hey brother I’m a Murri and you’re a white fella “.

But apparently that’s now dimly viewed upon.

But them calling me a “ white fella “ isn’t racist.

See what I mean , the 1% getting the publicity again.

Last edited:
I can understand the point on some instances however if you can not see the issue with a cheese of that name...well I am not sure you would ever see any issues.

There is a need for nuance and balance when reviewing these things but something has aged that badly i am not sure i can see the argument.

I can understand the point on some instances however if you can not see the issue with a cheese of that name...well I am not sure you would ever see any issues.

There is a need for nuance and balance when reviewing these things but something has aged that badly i am not sure i can see the argument.
Apparently you can’t call a a girl “ Miss” any more , because maybe they are a Mrs , or a “ non binary gender “ ( whatever the **** that means ).

So you call them Ms, and even that offends some !!

Damned if you do damned if you don’t .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8