Transport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks HM, thats what I thought.

We copped $h!t last year for not "travelling over the bridge" in the semi v Cowboys on a Friday night and the NRL's answer was shuttle buses from the Leagues Club but as I mentioned before we're not all from the northern beaches.

I got nothing from the NRL last year when I asked and I suspect it will be the same this year, even Ticketek don't know. They put on a double header with us and the Sharkies yet no free public transport at all, not even a lousy bus from the city.

StuBoot said:
Thanks HM, thats what I thought.

We copped $h!t last year for not "travelling over the bridge" in the semi v Cowboys on a Friday night and the NRL's answer was shuttle buses from the Leagues Club but as I mentioned before we're not all from the northern beaches.

I got nothing from the NRL last year when I asked and I suspect it will be the same this year, even Ticketek don't know. They put on a double header with us and the Sharkies yet no free public transport at all, not even a lousy bus from the city.

The shuttle from Central is free & it's only a ten minute walk to the stadium I you don't want to wait for the bus.

Follow the AFL and the Swans. They have free special event trains and buses from all across the entire Sydney metro area on Saturday night to ANZ.

The NRL took Sydney clubs away from their home grounds to ANZ and SFS but has done nothing towards public transport to get there. The NRL are a joke on this issue. They act like all Manly fans live on the northern beaches & even then the NRL have done nothing.

It's not a matter of waiting for the bus as to me the walk to Moore Park is part of the experience ( although the kids don't like it so much ) it's more as Brissie Kid wrote the AFL have it all over us in this regard.

The NRL are blinkered in their approach - ie last year v Cowboys, their 100or so that are travelling down don't care if they're at Brooky, or this year at Shark Park or Allianz they'll come down anyway.
Think about who's playing and then determine where to play it.
Souffs and the Chooks aren't gonna whinge where the other Sydney teams play as they're playing at home anyway.
The Sharks would pack out their joint and it'd be a better look than the potentially empty bays at Allianz.

The NRL are so far behind other sporting codes in CRM :mad:

For a Business, that they now claim to be, I find it galling to jump through hoops and pay through the nose for the privilege of attending games each and every week.:mad:

The cost of incorporating travel into the ticket has obviously been worked out by the Major Stadiums and/or Sports Administrators.:exclamation:

ARLC To-Do list has the Fans, who actually pay for everything through attendance fees, Foxtel subscriptions and being Consumers of the Sponsor Companies, a constant after thought.

The 'Jumping Castle' innovators, should try and get a Family, or less mobile Oldies like me, to a random sample of games. :idea:

Then they would grasp why the Crowd Attendance is falling.
It is only the love of supporting our particular Team, that has us queueing endlessly for the pricey tickets and manouvering challenging transport systems.

It is even starting to wear on me, and I have all the time in the world to work out the logistics, now that I am retired.

I believe that the attendances are exponentially going to continue to fall each year, as those of us who were raised on live footy, begin to go to Fan Hubs instead, due to the increased effort of stadium attendance:cool:

The 'Home City' Final was a scintillating Gallop innovation, and it is wearing thin with all Sydney Clubs :mad:

We will just have to console ourselves with the new batch of Tooheys New come 6th October:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4